gba virtual console (injected) on 3ds just showing white screen when launched

xMetallic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a pokemon fire red cia on my 3ds and then launched it but all it is a just a white screen on the top and a regular gba virtual console screen on the bottom. How do I fix this? sorry for low res image
WIN_20230107_22_53_54_Pro.jpg

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a pokemon fire red cia on my 3ds and then launched it but all it is a just a white screen on the top and a regular gba virtual console screen on the bottom. How do I fix this? sorry for low res image
Other gba vc games, injected or official, work fine for you?
That notification shows up without you holding the power button?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried any other injected games but yes other official vc games work

If you haven't tried any others then you can't tell yet whether it's a problem with the rom you're using, or the injector you're using, or something you're doing. What injector are you using? I use NSUI, works like a charm except for running into a few games where it can't find the boxart image on its own for some reason, so a quick google image search and I can import the image I choose. Most of the time it finds the image on its own though.

Reactions: CoolMe

xMetallic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't tried any others then you can't tell yet whether it's a problem with the rom you're using, or the injector you're using, or something you're doing. What injector are you using? I use NSUI, works like a charm except for running into a few games where it can't find the boxart image on its own for some reason, so a quick google image search and I can import the image I choose. Most of the time it finds the image on its own though.
I have tried another rom now, but it still doesn't work, and the injecter i am using is "ultimate gba vc injector for 3ds

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried any other injected games but yes other official vc games work
I have tried another rom now, but it still doesn't work, and the injecter i am using is "ultimate gba vc injector for 3ds
You tried the same game, different rom (and with the same software) ?
I recommend using NSUI instead.
Also try another game altogether. Not sure if it's to have the cover art when creating the cia file or not, but if it is, having a cover art with the wrong dimensions, or any other setting could throw the 3ds out of whack. Again just a guess.
I would also try Open_agb_firm, not as a substitute, but just to try if the same game (rom) works or not, just to pinpoint if it's a 3ds issue or an injector issue.
Post automatically merged:

Haven't seen your comment @Hanafuda until after i posted mine. 👍

Reactions: Hanafuda

xMetallic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You tried the same game, different rom (and with the same software) ?
I recommend using NSUI instead.
Also try another game altogether. Not sure if it's to have the cover art when creating the cia file or not, but if it is, having a cover art with the wrong dimensions, or any other setting could throw the 3ds out of whack. Again just a guess.
I would also try Open_agb_firm, not as a substitute, but just to try if the same game (rom) works or not, just to pinpoint if it's a 3ds issue or an injector issue.
Post automatically merged:

Haven't seen your comment @Hanafuda until after i posted mine. 👍
I have tried 2 different roms with the same gba to cia converter and I will try nsui when I get the chance.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How long did this screen stay like this? I know that this screen can sometimes be awhile as the 3ds boots into gba mode.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what did u do to fix your issue?
Judging by the "hot to make it not spanish" line, he used NSUI since the default language of that application is Spanish. If you get it from GameBrew.org, it will include version 27 and the beta of 28. The beta of 28 does more, like using RetroArch for emulation, but it doesn't seem to work as well as version 27 for what already exists as Virtual Console(NES, GameBoy, GBA, etc). At least, that's my experience.

https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/New_Super_Ultimate_Injector_3DS

There's a link to save you some searching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-