Emulation Gba on NDS with 3 in 1 expansion

ryan90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the ezflash V 3 in 1 expansion for ds lite.

I have a DSTT and an R4, although i currently use my DSTT with YSmenu which can load gba games. I have GBA exploader aswell and its the latest version.

My big problem is that alot of games don't save properly, even though i back up the save and reload the file they don't work, i tried several pokemon games with no luck reloading the save, it just tells me its corrupted and must be deleted, and when i tried zelda fourswords it wouldn't even reload the save into ram after i backed it up!. I had some luck with crash bandicoot XS, sonic advance and Kirby but even they had problems or eventually corrupted!

Is there a anything else i can do or am i just stuck with my psp which leaves the games looking blurry and overstretched!

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know you can change the settings on PSP emulators to make it smaller if you're using the right emulator. My version of gPSP 3.2 has a settings menu which can make it smaller so the pixels are single pixels.

Not much help but idk.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
@ryan90

try searching a bit in the forum next time..

anyway. as always, use GBATA to patch the SRAM, it will fixed the saving problem for sure.

ryan90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
According to gbata ZELDA - A LINK TO THE PAST is already patched to EEPROM_V122 (Patched)

Also playing with 1:1 ratio on psp is too small, the psp screen has to high dpi, scaling with screen smoothing turned off seems to be the best option but it still looks pixelated, im going to try some other games with gbata

EDIT: Turned out my file name was too long but now it just gives the same error as the others, save data is corrupted! WHY?

RE-EDIT: Created save by entering name then turned off without starting game, reloaded game and the save was still there with name, when i started a new game and then saved i got the same corrupted error when i reloaded!, the game is not Saving properly!

RE-RE-EDIT: copied save game from psp and it loaded perfectly, tried saving game and then went back to menu screen without restarting and the new save loaded, turned off ds, backed up save and reloaded - save data was corrupted, this means the game must load saves perfectly as-well as somehow be able to load while your save is still ingame, does this not prove the problem is with the loader programs?

ryan90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
BIG UPDATE: GOT IT WORKING!!!, but here's where i'm confused, i managed to get both zelda through psram and mother 3 through nor to save, whats strange is that i had to use my R4 with wood firmware and GBA EXPLOADER, a straight copy from my DSTT, for some reason GBA exploader saves on my r4 with wood, but not on my DSTT with YSMENU!, what could be the problem???

Does the slot one in anyway affect the compaitbility of the slot 2 even when using 3rd party software?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1