GBA flashcart suggestions?

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a GBA SP that I recently rediscovered and I was to play some classic Gameboy games on it without having to carry around 30 cartridges any suggestions for carts best possible if it exists a cart that can play GB-GBA if not another cart that can play GB-GBC on the GBA.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a GBA SP that I recently rediscovered and I was to play some classic Gameboy games on it without having to carry around 30 cartridges any suggestions for carts best possible if it exists a cart that can play GB-GBA if not another cart that can play GB-GBC on the GBA.
EZFlash Omega but you will have to use emulation for GB/GBC.
Currently one of the best GBA flashcarts and very reasonably priced.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I recommend get Everdrive-GBA X5, it's best flashcart made by Krikzz company. Everdrive-GBA X5 is made in Ukraine in east Europe. Not made in China.

I have Everdrive-GBA X5 and I love it! :)

Don't buy GB/GBC flashcart means you can't play GBA on it. Everdrive-GBA X5 is only one best flashcart allow us to play GBA, GB, GBC and NES games on it without change many cartridges.

You can buy Everydrive-GBA X5 on stoneagegamer website or krikzz website. Have 1 or 3 years warranty, if your flashcart become defect can be replace for free.

I already bought Everdrive-GBA X5 from stonagegamer website with case have 3 years warranty. No problems so far and still solid.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EZ Flash Omega is good too and it has cheat support, but apparently it drains the battery faster and I'm sure the build quality isn't as good as the Everdrive.

Also, I'd rather support krikzz.

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
EZ Omega vs Everdrive.

1. Its actually the size of a gba cartridge and comes with spare shell to fit the DS Lite also. Everdrive is oversized and especially in the sp and micro not a good fit at all.
2. You can get 4 EZ Flash for the price of a single everdrive.
3. No battery needed for saving games, battery is there only for RTC so if the battery goes dead you dont need to change it.
4. RTC works for multiple games correctly unlike the everdrive
5. It has savestates
6. It has Cheats
7. Software is open source, which means that the community can develop and improve it, with everdrive all you can do is wait for the next everdrive so krikzz can charge you another $100 or more.

You will hear some stupid arguments about superior quality over chinese crap, that is all bullshit. 90% of all electronics are made in China, your high end phones, televisions, computers are mostly made in China. Tell me of one reputable brand that has a factory in Ukraine. Its stupid to think that someone can produce better quality electronics in his basement somewhere in the former USSR than a high end Chinese factory that all it does 24/7 is manufacture electronics.
If you look at the everdrive GBA forums there are 13 pages of problem with the everdrive X5 and most of them krikzz does not even answer . The support of EZ Flash here has been excellent with questions and problems addressed within days.

Also about the warranty, I only saw 1 person in the forums that got a defective flashcart and he was told be EZ Flash to contact the reseller for a replacement. Also for the price I could buy a new cart every year for the 3 years everdrives warranty and I would still have spend less money than the everdrive.

Last edited by steelseth,
Reactions: machinoman

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Can you please tell where I can find an EZ Flash Omega for <$25? At that price it really is a no brainer. The lowest I've seen is around $40 and that's straight from China.
Never said you can get one for less than $25.
I got mine for 35 EUR shipped from Ebay but in europe the GBA X5 is over 120 EUR (about $140)with shipping and taxes.
If you dont like the 4 to 1 we can do 3.5 EZ Omega for an everdrive ? Or even at US prices 2.5 EZ Omega for an everdrive.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except he is asking more for a cart to play GBC\GB games and less for gba games.
It says "can play GB-GBA if not another cart that can play GB-GBC on the GBA". The everdrive-gba can play GB, but it's through emulation. For a strictly GB flashcart, Everdrive-GB X7 is the best.

Never said you can get one for less than $25.
I got mine for 35 EUR shipped from Ebay but in europe the GBA X5 is over 120 EUR (about $140)with shipping and taxes.
If you dont like the 4 to 1 we can do 3.5 EZ Omega for an everdrive ? Or even at US prices 2.5 EZ Omega for an everdrive.
Me and OP are in the US so yeah, it's more like 2.5 which is still pretty good.

I still recommend the everdrive if it's within your budget, though.

KomputerKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for <$25, there is the SuperCard miniSD. I got mine on eBay from China for $18 USD shipped, and I've had NO problems with it. Bare in mind though, it takes miniSD. That's the standard that is smaller than Normal SD, but bigger than microSD. You will likely be able to find a 2 GB miniSD, which is plenty for GBA, GBC, and GB games, for $5-8 from China shipped. There aren't that many places in the US that sell them, because they quickly were replaced with microSD. The good thing is, the miniSD I bought, AND the SuperCard were BOTH tracked from acceptance to my mailbox.

Truthfully though, I wish I shelled out the extra cash for an everdrive or EZ-omega. While I have had no problems with the supercard, it is lackluster, such as having to manually save to the SD card, plus I don't think it has an RTC, which isn't good for games like Pokemon. Also, the SuperCard can only support a 2 GB SD card at max. The everdrive I know, can support up to 64 GB, which IS overkill for the GBA, and all you need at the most is 8 GB, if that.

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EZflash omega.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ez Flash 4? I'm not sure if it plays GB/GBC tough
It can't be bought already, have tried many resellers, they only have the EZ reform or EZ Omega.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For GBA I use my 256Mb EZFA. I bought it in 2003 when I was in high school. The battery doesn't require changing and it has RTC. Functionally better than an Everdrive for my usage, as I am lazy to open electronics. The issue is they are hard to track down, and only hold around 4 games at a time. Flashing them takes five minutes though with a compatible DS. It is supposedly capable of around 10,000 flashes before issues arise.
For GB, I just bought a GB Bridge and a 256Mb F2A flashcart on ebay. i'm waiting patiently for them to come in the mail. Will likely have to change the battery in the cart, but I prefer cheap vintage things over everdrives.

Last edited by machinoman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U