Hacking gba flash cart here is where you can buy one takes sd card cheap

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im guessing you have no idea these are clones and cant run most games without slowing down
get an ez flash iv instead, a few places still have them in stock, its more expensive but runs every game perfectly

also it doesnt take sd, it takes minisd, its right on the label

I dont not suggest anyone buying a supercard minisd unless you are building a flashcart collection or something

this device was mainly aimed at playing ds games rather then gba but was abandoned after slot-1 cards became the norm

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Im guessing you have no idea these are clones and cant run most games without slowing down
get an ez flash iv instead, a few places still have them in stock, its more expensive but runs every game perfectly

I dont not suggest anyone buying a supercard minisd unless you are building a flashcart collection or something

this device was mainly aimed at playing ds games rather then gba but was abandoned after slot-1 cards became the norm
thanks. Duely noted.

Not sure about the others here but in my case it's for my 3-year-old. He's become obsessed with gameboys since he saw the pokemon direct. My gba I use as a GC controller since I had sold my games quite a whie ago to help pay for my Wii hopeing to switch to emulation and he's gotten kina bored with playing stuff like 4-swords and pac-man vs with a wire connected to the Wii. 20 bucks and free shipping to my country is worth it even with poor compatability in my case. And I already have a micro to mini SD adapter I'm not using.

Again, not sure about everyone else.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Joe88 isn't exaggerating. In some simple games without scrolling etc the slowdown may not be noticeable for the most part, but its a real issue for the vast majority of games.
I have a supercard SD and can confirm there is slowdown in just about every game to the point of most being unplayable to me.

EZ-flash IV is a far far better cart. It's more expensive than this listing and has a few issues of its own (known issues, with easy workarounds), but it runs all games at full speed.

Reactions: Coltonamore

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

i have an adapter so i can use micro SD card im using a 16gb one played and have played about 47 gba games on it with no slowdown and have pocketnes on it and have every nes rom too and have no problems

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The SCMiniSD is pretty decent for GBA games.
I also own a SCSD and I primarily use it for lmp-ng and one or 2 DS games (2GB SD)

The EZ FLash 4 is indeed WAY better for GBA Games.
None the less, the SCMiniSD isn't bad.
It does the job.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope, it's total crap because I have one :(

It doesn't saves automatically (you have to do QPC, or the always-non-working internal SAVE menu), it slows down in pretty much every good game and the patcher is icky and sucks :P

I favor savestates over normal saves anyway.
Their a blessing really.

I used savestates for KH 387/2 (something like that) in long battles.
When me break was up in school or when I had to get off off the train etc.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I favor savestates over normal saves anyway.
Their a blessing really.

I used savestates for KH 387/2 (something like that) in long battles.
When me break was up in school or when I had to get off off the train etc.
I don't like 'em, there's certain games where you need to load a save to unlock time changes, unlockables or other things. And save states don't let you do that :P

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't like 'em, there's certain games where you need to load a save to unlock time changes, unlockables or other things. And save states don't let you do that :P

Aye you got a good point there.
However, using savestates for passworded games or in games with little save points, it's a blessing~

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Im thinking about getting one of these, anyone know if homebrew works alright? Or emulators?

On the EZ-Flash IV emulators can be a little picky regarding saving. There is a good collection of the most common ones already patched to work here: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12660

Never tried on the supercard, the slowdown in retail games was bad enough for me to stop using it altogether.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Slap me then