Hacking GBA Exploader 0.57 help

seishun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure how to use the saving feature in this loader. Ive been playing a game and i save it, but when i go back it always restarts me at one of my previous saves. Happened twice and its really frustrating. Does anybody know in easy way to deal with saving in this loader, or just what i should be doing?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
AH i can help!
when you save, turn off and re-start the homebrew, a box appears and has a list of saves. you need to overwrite one of these, than when you boot up the game, click on the save you overwrote. don't worry about overriding a save for another game, there are different saves for different games so your saves for other games wont appear on another game.

EG:

Loads up wario ware inc. first time
saves, turns off, boots up homebrew again.
box appears.
A) press A
B) press B

A) your game will be saved and next time you start up the game, seect the option you overwrote.

B) your save is lost and you'll have to start over.

Hopefully that helped you!

~8BitWalugi

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everything should be automatic with GBA ExpLoader. Don't use the EZ-4 Client, it will cause lost saves. If you're using the multisave feature (you can turn it off in the .ini file, I recommend you do this unless you actually use it) make sure you don't just press B whenever it asks you which slot to write the save to, that will cancel the save backup.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, you don't need it (that's what's causing your confusion). I recommend that you turn it off.

With the multi save feature, you can keep multiple copies of save files. Since most games have multiple save slots anyway, it's not particularly useful for those games. Because that option lets you have multiple saves, you have to manually tell it which save file to use. If you turn off the option, it always uses the same one so it's automatic.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte