GBA Exploader 0.57 help

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by seishun, Jun 30, 2008.

Jun 30, 2008

GBA Exploader 0.57 help by seishun at 11:52 PM (1,054 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. seishun
    OP

Newcomer seishun Member

United States
    Im not sure how to use the saving feature in this loader. Ive been playing a game and i save it, but when i go back it always restarts me at one of my previous saves. Happened twice and its really frustrating. Does anybody know in easy way to deal with saving in this loader, or just what i should be doing?

2. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    AH i can help!
    when you save, turn off and re-start the homebrew, a box appears and has a list of saves. you need to overwrite one of these, than when you boot up the game, click on the save you overwrote. don't worry about overriding a save for another game, there are different saves for different games so your saves for other games wont appear on another game.

EG:

Loads up wario ware inc. first time
    saves, turns off, boots up homebrew again.
    box appears.
    A) press A
    B) press B

A) your game will be saved and next time you start up the game, seect the option you overwrote.

B) your save is lost and you'll have to start over.

Hopefully that helped you!

~8BitWalugi

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Everything should be automatic with GBA ExpLoader. Don't use the EZ-4 Client, it will cause lost saves. If you're using the multisave feature (you can turn it off in the .ini file, I recommend you do this unless you actually use it) make sure you don't just press B whenever it asks you which slot to write the save to, that will cancel the save backup.

4. seishun
    OP

Newcomer seishun Member

United States
    thanks guys ill try this. oh yea and do i need the multi save feature what does it do?

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No, you don't need it (that's what's causing your confusion). I recommend that you turn it off.

With the multi save feature, you can keep multiple copies of save files. Since most games have multiple save slots anyway, it's not particularly useful for those games. Because that option lets you have multiple saves, you have to manually tell it which save file to use. If you turn off the option, it always uses the same one so it's automatic.

-Bri

6. seishun
    OP

Newcomer seishun Member

United States
    thanks for the info

7. seishun
    OP

Newcomer seishun Member

United States
    ahhhhh wheres the .ini file? OK, i found it but how do i take off multi save?

8. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Open it in a text editor, remove the # from the beginning of the appropriate line, save it, and put it in the root of your memory card.

9. seishun
    OP

Newcomer seishun Member

United States
    haha i just figured it out myself by just guessing lol. Thamls anyway man.