OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA ExpLoader 0.3
eWin Expansion and EZF4 Deluxe support
%5B1798%5Dez53in1a.jpg

A new version of Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader (formerly known and 3 in 1 Expansion Tool). Support for the eWin Expansion Pack and EZ-Flash 4 Deluxe have been added, along with some bug fixes. Download and engrish below. Nod to Destructobot for the tip.

[title:Changelog]V0.3 2008/2/21 R4/M3S, set to disable the reset time to correct defects.
EEPROM_V111 patch to fix defects.
NOR failure mode FLASH1M_V103 patch fixes.
"Delux-EZ4 lite" and "EWIN EXPANSION PAK (2in1)" support
PSRAM / SAVE SDRAM mode of data, "GBA_ExpLoader" boot file when SAV
Written specifications to change (from now until then GBA RAM / BIN to boot).

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Developer's Blog (Japanese)

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A quick heads up for anyone new to this app: In NOR mode, the descriptions of the (A) and (X) buttons are swapped. (A) writes a game to the NOR flash memory, (X) runs the game that is currently written to NOR.

gh0ul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick update, awesome.. at this rate a 1.0 version would be out by summer. joy. im waiting until then

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont really understand this. What does it do exactly? I remember it just automatically patches the game, right? but doesnt the eWin pack already do that?
This is a loader for slot 2 expansion packs (and the EZ4 Deluxe, which it uses as an expansion pack). It basically takes the GBA games from a slot 1 cart and writes them to the memory in the expansion pack. You need a loader and a slot 1 cart because expansion packs don't have their own built in menu or storage like standalone flashcarts do.

The eWin is just like the 3-in-1; it only does what the program running on the slot 1 cart tells it to do. The official loader for the eWin expansion does have autopatching, but it has quite a few shortcomings, and some save types don't work.

From what I can tell, GBA ExpLoader is far superior.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't wait to try this. One more hour until I'm off work and I go nuts.

Edit: For what it's worth, Destructobot, I assume the problem you mentioned only occurs when your DS is not set to Japanese (which is undoubtedly most people on GBAtemp, but hey
tongue.gif
). The Japanese version correctly labels A and X in NOR mode.

I've been messing around with this using both my Ewin and my 3-in-1. Fun Fun. It's neat to be able to use the same save files between the two of them, even though I never use my 3-in-1.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
For what it's worth, Destructobot, I assume the problem you mentioned only occurs when your DS is not set to Japanese
I would assume so, as Rudolph would surely notice such an error in the Japanese menu.

BTW, thanks for translating my comment on Rudolph's blog.
Well, I didn't really translate it as such, I was just trying to give a more complete explanation. Apparently Rudolph had it set so that X loads the file and A runs it, but he was more accustomed to having it the other way around, so he changed it back and just forgot to change the text on the English side of things.

jurassicbond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble figuring out how to use this. How do I save game and then reload it with the save file intact? I'm using a R4 + EWin if that makes any difference.

P

pasc

Could someone tell me what the folder structure should be called ?

I know the saves go into GBA_SAVE, the GBA GAMES don't matter (?) and what is the GBA_SIGN folder written about in the readme file for ?

AND: how do I get old 3 in 1 Tool saves to work ? I heard renaming them should do the job
unsure.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know the saves go into GBA_SAVE, the GBA GAMES don't matter (?) and what is the GBA_SIGN folder written about in the readme file for ?
Games go wherever you want them. You can now navigate to any folder to get to the GBA games. The sign folder stores patch data for games that you have run. A file will be placed in the GBA_SIGN folder for each game you run, so that the rom doesn't have to be scanned for the save type each time you run it.

QUOTE said:
AND: how do I get old 3 in 1 Tool saves to work ? I heard renaming them should do the job
unsure.gif
Rename the save file to match the rom it goes with, and put it in the GBA_SAVE folder. Saves from the 3in1 ExpPack Tool and VBA should work without any sort of conversion.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have a question did anybody managed to load Lord of the rings return of the king with that with saves without patching rom on pc, because I had to patch that rom (thou I dont need that program cose I have modified firmware to load gba roms).

Venko

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the old "Rudolph's 3-in-1 Tools" at the moment and would like to make the switch to this replacement application at some point in the future. Before I do so I want to be sure that I'm not sacrificing perfect game playback for flawed playback (I hear that this one has some game specific issues unlike the 3-in-1 Tools).

So, is there a bug list that I can look at anywhere?

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick heads up for anyone new to this app: In NOR mode, the descriptions of the (A) and (X) buttons are swapped. (A) writes a game to the NOR flash memory, (X) runs the game that is currently written to NOR.
Just so I can feel like I'm giving something back to the community, I've hex edited the file to correctly label (X) and (A) in NOR mode in English. Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/x4a8lq
Mirror (because don't you hate when you google something like this and the guy's sendspace link is dead?): http://rapidshare.com/files/94678169/GBA_ExpLoader_mod.nds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.