May 22, 2008

GBA Boxes by Norman3000 at 3:16 AM (2,786 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. Norman3000
    OP

Member Norman3000 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Hey everyone! Good day! Not sure where to put this but May i ask you? What do you do with your GBA Boxes? Do you keep them or throw them away after getting the cartridge? if you do keep them why do so? i also keep mine but im not sure if i should throw them! what must i do? [​IMG]

2. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    I threw mine out. Which I regret since I couldn't sell it for couple of quid cos of the lost boxes. So keep them just in case you want to sell unless you are REALLY sure that you want to keep the carts and out the boxes out.

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    I keep mine.
    Same way with other boxes, such as the ones that come with the DS or Wii.

I like the box...the smell and the color and whatnot [​IMG]

4. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    I kept mine for years, but a couple weeks ago decided they were taking up too much space and threw them out.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    have all mine
    only took the games out and left everything else
    have them together with some GBC and GB boxes also

6. 2dere

Member 2dere GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    When you buy a movie or album do you take out the disc and throw the casing away? I don't. Same with my Game boxes and cases. Its hard enough finding a GBA game you want with its box and manuals let alone biffing then. I also keep reciepts too. Don't know why but they don't take up much room in the box cases. Though, I have less the thriry GBA/DS games, everything else go on my cd/dvd wall unit so space isn't really an issue for me to keep it.

7. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    I threw mine out,except for a couple.
    I dunno,i find it hard to find space empty card board boxes.

8. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I keep all of mine. I find it easier to crush (unfold) the GB and GBA boxes. the ds games and console games are lying in one of my under-the-bed storage tubs.

9. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    the boxes wear and tear overtime so they are destined to be thrown out, i have old gameboy colour game boxes like that.

10. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I only have a single GBA box left, it's from Metroid Fusion...
    I wish I still had all the boxes of all the SNES, N64, GB, GBC and GBA games I threw away [​IMG]
    A nicely arranged shelf of video game boxes is simply beautiful, so if you like your games, keep the boxes...I was stupid enough to throw them all away back then, because all I cared about was the cartridges...
    But now that I can play most SNES/N64/etc game on other systems anyway, the cartridges themselves are of less value for me than the boxes and instruction booklets...you may be able to emulate the games, but you can't emulate this:
    [​IMG]
    (not my collection [​IMG] )

Even if you don't care about the look of the box, you should at least fold them together and keep them safe, that way they're not taking up much room and still allow you to sell the complete games for loads of cash some day later [​IMG]
    Remember that you can easily sell a game for twice the price if it comes with the box and instruction booklet (if they're in a decent condition)

11. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    I keep my boxs and collect them. My little cousin throws them away, wich I suggest against. The value is always up when it comes with the origonal box. Though it seems too common to throw the darn things away. What a complete waste.
    I dont think the lack of boxs save us money on the used games either, so theres really no reason we shouldn't have them in shops too.
    Thank fully the DS box fix this problem but its sad to see perfectly good box art jsut get thrown away.
    At the very least recycle it.
    So ya, I suggest saving the box and using it to store the manual.
    Why be so wastefull?
    Though if you have a ton and their really in your way, then it really would save space. Just remember that origonal GBA boxs are hard to get these days with everyone throwing them all away.

12. ZPE

Member ZPE GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah, keep the boxes if you plan to resell later on. When I moved houses I threw away a lot of my box covers and I regret that to this today. :/

13. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Only games i have ever really bought new/came with box's were PSX/GC/Xbox (and only a select few of the psx games came in a cardboard box Like Lunar/Star-Ocean 2 which increases the price big time)

And only thing i can say is... why the hell would anyone in there right mind want to get rid of them?
    Increases value
    Increases the way your collection looks
    increases show off factor
    and IMO it highly increases playability of the games (hint's/control's/tip's)

Granted my TV Center is a DVD one... All 23 GC games i have don't even take up 1 door lol
    Still have the other door and the back 3 shelves to fill on it

14. muckers

Member muckers GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I keep em not for resale, or for value, or for instructions...I just keep em cos it's nice.

It's nice to have the original boxes in mint condition. Or good condition, at least. That way, you can go back (especially if they're old games) and look at it with a degree of nostalgia.

Sometimes I like to just take an old GB box (we're talking GB classic...mid-late 90s) out of wardrobe and just look at the box. Look at the back. Flick through the manual. For no particular reason, with no particular outcome other than it's cool. [​IMG]

Nostalgia. I loves it.

15. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You mean the boxes for the games? Those flimsy paper boxes? I recycle them with no mercy [​IMG].

16. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    My brother keeps them, I always just kinda threw them away. But hey I was young.

17. Doggy124

Member Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    I only have few boxs because I pirate most game [​IMG]

18. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    I don't have any boxes [​IMG] Though it might be a good idea to keep them, some games with their boxes, manuals and such may be good collector items down the road. Hell. Chrono Trigger fetches over a 1000$ now.

19. Ahmedz

Newcomer Ahmedz Advanced Member

Bahrain
    threw all mine away since 97% of my GBA Games are Pirated copies [​IMG]

the other 3% are WarioWare Twisted, Pokemon Ruby and FireRed

20. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    my mother seems to not understand collectorship and decided to throw them all away.