Gaming GBA Boxes

Norman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone! Good day! Not sure where to put this but May i ask you? What do you do with your GBA Boxes? Do you keep them or throw them away after getting the cartridge? if you do keep them why do so? i also keep mine but im not sure if i should throw them! what must i do?
cry.gif

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I threw mine out. Which I regret since I couldn't sell it for couple of quid cos of the lost boxes. So keep them just in case you want to sell unless you are REALLY sure that you want to keep the carts and out the boxes out.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kept mine for years, but a couple weeks ago decided they were taking up too much space and threw them out.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have all mine
only took the games out and left everything else
have them together with some GBC and GB boxes also

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
When you buy a movie or album do you take out the disc and throw the casing away? I don't. Same with my Game boxes and cases. Its hard enough finding a GBA game you want with its box and manuals let alone biffing then. I also keep reciepts too. Don't know why but they don't take up much room in the box cases. Though, I have less the thriry GBA/DS games, everything else go on my cd/dvd wall unit so space isn't really an issue for me to keep it.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I only have a single GBA box left, it's from Metroid Fusion...
I wish I still had all the boxes of all the SNES, N64, GB, GBC and GBA games I threw away
cry.gif

A nicely arranged shelf of video game boxes is simply beautiful, so if you like your games, keep the boxes...I was stupid enough to throw them all away back then, because all I cared about was the cartridges...
But now that I can play most SNES/N64/etc game on other systems anyway, the cartridges themselves are of less value for me than the boxes and instruction booklets...you may be able to emulate the games, but you can't emulate this:
sammlung01ly4.jpg

(not my collection
frown.gif
)

Even if you don't care about the look of the box, you should at least fold them together and keep them safe, that way they're not taking up much room and still allow you to sell the complete games for loads of cash some day later
lecture.gif

Remember that you can easily sell a game for twice the price if it comes with the box and instruction booklet (if they're in a decent condition)

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep my boxs and collect them. My little cousin throws them away, wich I suggest against. The value is always up when it comes with the origonal box. Though it seems too common to throw the darn things away. What a complete waste.
I dont think the lack of boxs save us money on the used games either, so theres really no reason we shouldn't have them in shops too.
Thank fully the DS box fix this problem but its sad to see perfectly good box art jsut get thrown away.
At the very least recycle it.
So ya, I suggest saving the box and using it to store the manual.
Why be so wastefull?
Though if you have a ton and their really in your way, then it really would save space. Just remember that origonal GBA boxs are hard to get these days with everyone throwing them all away.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only games i have ever really bought new/came with box's were PSX/GC/Xbox (and only a select few of the psx games came in a cardboard box Like Lunar/Star-Ocean 2 which increases the price big time)

And only thing i can say is... why the hell would anyone in there right mind want to get rid of them?
Increases value
Increases the way your collection looks
increases show off factor
and IMO it highly increases playability of the games (hint's/control's/tip's)

Granted my TV Center is a DVD one... All 23 GC games i have don't even take up 1 door lol
Still have the other door and the back 3 shelves to fill on it

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
I keep em not for resale, or for value, or for instructions...I just keep em cos it's nice.

It's nice to have the original boxes in mint condition. Or good condition, at least. That way, you can go back (especially if they're old games) and look at it with a degree of nostalgia.

Sometimes I like to just take an old GB box (we're talking GB classic...mid-late 90s) out of wardrobe and just look at the box. Look at the back. Flick through the manual. For no particular reason, with no particular outcome other than it's cool.
smile.gif

Nostalgia. I loves it.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any boxes
ph34r.gif
Though it might be a good idea to keep them, some games with their boxes, manuals and such may be good collector items down the road. Hell. Chrono Trigger fetches over a 1000$ now.

Ahmedz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
threw all mine away since 97% of my GBA Games are Pirated copies
happy.gif

the other 3% are WarioWare Twisted, Pokemon Ruby and FireRed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.