GBA backup tool and bootleg Pokemon save file help

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by damagedisdone, Jan 8, 2011.

1. damagedisdone
    OP

Newcomer damagedisdone Member

United States
    Can someone tell me how to change my save size in the ~.ini file for GBA Backup Tool

Code:
    # GBA_Backup_Tool.ini

FileDirÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/GBA_BackupÂÂÂÂ! Directory

SaveFileÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! 0:auto, nnn:Save File Size(KB)

RomSizeÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! 0:auto, nn:Rom Backup Size(MB)

#TrimÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! Use Trim
    I'm having problems trying to restore .sav to a counterfeit Pokemon Emerald (which has possibly been SRAM patched). When I back up the save file from the counterfeit cart using GBA Backup Tool I get 128k. However when I play the counterfeit dump on VBA the save file is 64k. Now tried restoring a save file from a clean Pokemon Emerald ROM to the counterfeit copy but I would always get the message "The save has been corrupted..." Does anybody know to restore a save file to counterfeit Pokemon cart?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    That is because your VBA settings are off.

[​IMG]

Stop spamming the same post under different titles, you don't get your answer any faster. You might NEVER get it at all.

3. damagedisdone
    OP

Newcomer damagedisdone Member

United States
    Sorry I accidentally made a double post. I had no intention to make multiple posts.

Well it's not that my setting in VBA are off, so let me try to explain my problems again. I know about the 128k flash. The thing is, playing the counterfeit ROM dump on VBA will give 64k save. If I change the setting to 128k and try to save, the game will just hang.

But dumping the counterfeit cart save using GBA backup tool I get a 128k. However the save cannot be used on VBA. So what I am trying to do if possible is force dump a 64k save with GBA backup tool, but I don't what to change in the ~.ini file.

But even if I can dump 64k from the cart using GBA Backup Tool, I will run into a problem trying to restore it to the cart because GBA Backup Tool will report that the save size doesn't match. I have tried restoring a 128k save from a clean rom to the counterfeit cart, however like I said it game will give me "The save file is corrupted..." message.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Use the import function under file.