GBA #2695 - Final Fantasy VI Advance (USA)

Mitazaki

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i think its m3 lite pro, thats what it says on the card anyway "M3 Lite Professional". so guess this can run gba games them. :'(

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
yeah i think its m3 lite pro, thats what it says on the card anyway "M3 Lite Professional". so guess this can run gba games them. :'(
Perfect = GBA
Professional = No GBA

Sorry man.
cry.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh god......this is going to tempt me to go out and rage everything in the veldt again.....pain in the @$$ to get a perfect stat game on this one.....have fun uncursing the paladin shield guys....I was just about to replay the SNES version again recently on psps too....decisions decisions.

butaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just don't enable the real time save and soft reset stuff. So in other words use the program, but don't check a damn thing!!!

I read they changed the opera song lyrics, i really want to play this but that part of the game was really important to me i even memorized the song.... oh my hero, your so far now.....will i ever see your smile?

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorta sad they censored some things.

They took out the part where Celes is chained to the wall and they hit her. Now she is just laying on the floor and they yell at her. I mean i don't condone hitting woman at all, but come on give me the original game.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
They took out the part where Celes is chained to the wall and they hit her. Now she is just laying on the floor and they yell at her. I mean i don't condone hitting woman at all, but come on give me the original game.

That sucks. I was hoping they'd keep their hands off this wonderful game this time (considering all the years it's been since the SNES release and how games much more explicit in terms of, err, "negative elements, have found their way to the market), but I guess at the end of the day Nintendo's still Nintendo. Wonder if they kept the censored version of that summon (the one with the half-naked woman in some house, can't pin-point exactly where) in too? And kept off the cussing? I've played it for a few hours, but I haven't been paying particular attention to the localization (which at first glance seems good, although most of it's obviously Woolsey's translation recycled).

Also, the mode 7 elements (such as when riding a chocobo) feel really sluggish compared to what they were like in the SNES version (I don't play the abominable PSX version, so I wouldn't know what it's like in it).

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As i stopped and thought about it more i do see why it was taken out. I mean how many children have this system, ya know. It is something they do not need to be exposed to especially because it is a growing problem in todays society.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably censored it to keep the rating low. It's much easier to sell E10+ than it is to sell T, considering that some parents actually pay attention to the ratings system.

Ellara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorta sad they censored some things.

They took out the part where Celes is chained to the wall and they hit her.  Now she is just laying on the floor   Â and they yell at her.  I mean i don't condone hitting woman at all, but come on give me the original game.
If it helps, this was also censored in the Japanese GBA version as well. Confused the hell out of me too, because I was expecting the original scene. I don't recall seeing any other censoring in the Japanese version, but I could be wrong about that. I do know that that particular scene mentioned above was changed to what you also see in the US version, though.

Mikey_Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a sort of hissing in the background while the music is playing? I tried it on vba it had the issue there ( turn the volume up, and listen closely )

So i flashed it onto EZIV and the problem shows up there too. ( Yes, i play on my ds ). Has anyone else noticed anything like this? I haven't noticed it before on other GBA games.

Thanks in Advance

txt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
battles and all are really fast with my gba flashcard....

but now i've come across a problem too, game would save fine in the beginning but after 1 hour in the game i saved and it would say it saved but the stats (party, gil etc) were not updated and game was in fact not saved! cannot save anymore after 1 hour in the game! before it was fine!

will flash the game again this time with 1mbit save i guess that will fix it but before i only had to do this with mario advance 4!

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
As i stopped and thought about it more i do see why it was taken out. I mean how many children have this system, ya know. It is something they do not need to be exposed to especially because it is a growing problem in todays society.
Chaining women to walls and hitting them is a... growing... problem in todays society? Which society do you live in, FFS? Maybe you want to come back to earth, where in most societies people who are hurting other people (regardless of their gender) usually get punished by law?

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
As i stopped and thought about it more i do see why it was taken out. I mean how many children have this system, ya know. It is something they do not need to be exposed to especially because it is a growing problem in todays society.Chaining women to walls and hitting them is a... growing... problem in todays society? Which society do you live in, FFS? Maybe you want to come back to earth, where in most societies people who are hurting other people (regardless of their gender) usually get punished by law?
Actually its more along the lines of kidnapping. This way, they're treating her like an imperial "dog" by scolding her as she lay on the ground. Hehe...

My rule is dont hit ANYONE unless you expect to be hit back, men OR women. Those who believe in just the "dont hit women at all" theory are just bringing sexism back. (No, not bringing sexy back
nyanya.gif
) But thats just an opinion on morals and self defense. YOU try going on American Gladiators and not taking a swing at those muscular women
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hmmm it's been a long time since I messed with Retroarch on the PS3 but probably most of the...