GBA #2695 - Final Fantasy VI Advance (USA)

aerowalk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what cart did u use ?

works for me
i've already passed the 3 scenarios part, now in town jidoor
I use m3 lite, patched through game manager with hardware 1 option (default)

txt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my flashcard has 2 options when flashing, savetype 256kbit and savetype 1mbit... i have tried both the problem persists, always 1 hour into the game and it will not save anymore...

dont know what these 2 options do, but the 1mbit save i only needed for mario advance4 to work and i need it for makebook/bookreader too...

could someone who has not problems with the game upload an early sav to rapidshare.com maybe? thx

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hardware 1 doesn't patch the ROM, it just does a direct copy.

That's not exactly accurate. The only way anything is patched is if you place an IPS patch upon a ROM. However, Hardware Support 1 actually compresses the ROM a bit, so it is not a clean copy. Soft patch is the equivalent to direct copy & no compression.

Here's my best advice: Buy a flash card manufactured in the last 2 years.

txt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if Hardware Support 1 trims the rom a bit, it will damage a lot of roms because you cannot trim anything from them since there is no 0's and so on.

so what you say is a blatant lie, it does not make final fantasy 6 save CORRECT or are you saying when i flash the game it is removing some shit from the 64mbit rom thus resulting in the corrupt save/not being able to save?

aerowalk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
uh ?
i'm lost here...

ff vi size = 128 mbit -> 16 mb
if i'm not mistaken, that's only the cart size, not the actual data size
maybe the data size is only about 12.8 mb ...

therefore trimming the rom wont hurt it... i think...
huh.gif

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
if Hardware Support 1 trims the rom a bit, it will damage a lot of roms because you cannot trim anything from them since there is no 0's and so on.

so what you say is a blatant lie, it does not make final fantasy 6 save CORRECT or are you saying when i flash the game it is removing some shit from the 64mbit rom thus resulting in the corrupt save/not being able to save?
I simply misspoke. I meant to say compress, not trim. As for calling me a liar, be very careful with the words you choose to say around here, newcomer. As to what I was saying to you directly, I thought I made it quite clear, so I'll say it again with more detail:

Take whatever flash card you have and store it away. Go to any popular, high-rated flash card store and pick yourself up an M3 Perfect or EZ-Flash III/IV. Most of the older GBA flash cards are no longer considered these days, including my old favorite, the EZFA 256mbit. Most here won't know about the older cards, as their first purchases were M3, G6, EZ-Flash, Supercard, NEOFlash (sorry to those people). Some don't even own a slot-2 flash card to bother with anything GBA.

This isn't the first time I heard of those bearing old flash cards having issues with the newest GBA ROMs. Luckily, that won't be a problem long with GBA's line-up coming to a close soon. Besides, if you really want to play this game hassle-free, hit the local shops and pick the game up via retail. I will be soon myself along with a brand new Game Boy Advance SP.

paxl13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

People here are real asshole when they want... Beeing this Bitch, I wouldn't be able to look myself into a mirror.

paxl13

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could also try Flash Advance Toolkit v8 if you can find it or
EEPROM/RTC Patcher.

but i think the first one should work for you.
I have no clue where you can get that stuff.

(your cards battery may be dead also)

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Tanas @ Feb 8 2007, 08:42 PM)

That's not exactly accurate. The only way anything is patched is if you place an IPS patch upon a ROM. However, Hardware Support 1 actually compresses the ROM a bit, so it is not a clean copy. Soft patch is the equivalent to direct copy & no compression.

Yes it is, its 100% accurate.
Do a file compare and see for yourself.

QUOTEyou could also try Flash Advance Toolkit v8 if you can find it or
EEPROM/RTC Patcher.

None of these will work, because the game uses SRAM_V113 and the programs that you have suggested are only for games that use EEPROM.

txt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Tanas @ Feb 8 2007, 08:42 PM)

Yes it is, its 100% accurate.
Do a file compare and see for yourself.

QUOTE said:
you could also try Flash Advance Toolkit v8 if you can find it or
EEPROM/RTC Patcher.

None of these will work, because the game uses SRAM_V113 and the programs that you have suggested are only for games that use EEPROM.

exactly! so what can we do to fix the annoying bug with ff6 save not working?

zelsone

Trophies
XP
Country
i have some problems getting this game to work on my supercard mini SD...
the problem is that it runs slow in battle...i have battle speed at max but its still not runing faster... its running much slower than it did on SNES..
does anyone know how to solve this problem? i would really appreciate it, i love this game and would like it to run as it supposed to.

what2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank god I still have my EZII. it runs on high turbo on the EZII compared to my sc lite. I just wish there was some sort of EZ Lite with rtc >_

fenex47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone actually find out how to fix the saving, I am playing this on a DS Lite, on the micro SD? I actually have trouble saving right from the start... Including slow battles :'(

what2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it's a bad dump since it works flawlessly for me on my ez2 and vba. can't say the same for my sc lite though...

jejetidus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a big problem, so i can't continue the game and i'm so sad (sorry for my bad english i'm french). So I'm at the opera scene, and i control Celes, i have to take flowers and throw them in the vacuum at the end of the scene. But when i arrive at the balcony, Celes doesn't do anything and the music end and nothing occurs.
(I play in Supercard CF)
What is the problem ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps