GBA #2695 - Final Fantasy VI Advance (USA)

MKayZ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mkayz.net
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I think I found a somewhat work around to make this game abit faster on SCLite.

here is what to do.

find an app called fastrestart.exe and run the rom through that.
(type fastrestart romname.gba)
if the patched rom from fastrestart, load it in the SC program, disable everything apart from the save options.

then use the .sav file created by fastrestart and the patched rom from SC prog.

to save L+R + start + select to exit to main menu, the change to save tab find the .sav file and press A to save to SD.

from what i can see the battles are alot faster, but i am not sure if they are as fast the original.

miniCooperS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it actually works even better on the G6Lite when I didn't use the udisk manager. I just copied over the rom with windows explorer and manually created the .0 save file and the icon.

Works just as well as the real cart.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I found a somewhat work around to make this game abit faster on SCLite.

here is what to do.

find an app called fastrestart.exe and run the rom through that.
(type fastrestart romname.gba)
if the patched rom from fastrestart, load it in the SC program, disable everything apart from the save options.

then use the .sav file created by fastrestart and the patched rom from SC prog.

to save L+R + start + select to exit to main menu, the change to save tab find the .sav file and press A to save to SD.

from what i can see the battles are alot faster, but i am not sure if they are as fast the original.

Just tried this with my SC SD, and it still runs like a bag of shite compared to my M3 Perfect and EZFIII...

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think this may be an under dump actually. I just busted out my old XG Flash linker and made my own dump of my buddies game and it dumped it at 128. Now i cant see if there is less slowdown because in the one i had i could not get my save off of it unfortunately. Ill let you know if i get any results though.

siukwai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like a great game.
smile.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
So what's everyone think (those who can play)

Retranslation - Very similar to Woolseys.
Found a few differences.
Lagomorph becomes Mysidian Rabbit
Item/spells/Magicks have received the series treatment
Storyline - there isn't much difference. Unless its later in the game.
Haven't found the new espers yet - but then I only just completed Vector.
One thing I did notice - Shadow joins you early on in the game and leaves practically after the next battle - I don't recall him doing that in the SNES version.

And regarding the battles - Are they easier? They seem to be.
unsure.gif

- Sound - A lot better than the Japanese Version.

All in all I'm happy with it.
Anyone share my views?

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
@Fission I find the battles much easier, I didn't really notice until the thief town, I remember that bein a killer in the SNES version it was very easy in this, one part has totally changed!

For some STUPID reason my m3 lite lost my save on this. I booted it up today and it was gone!

I was at around 10 hours and had just found the Sealed Gate and triggered the scene with terra as a baby etc.
Anyone got a save around or close to this PLEASE!!?

[-EDIT-]
Even like an hour before or after maybe 2 before will do, I really can't be arsed to start this over again I played it so many times before I just wanted to see the new dungeon.. *sobs*

fenex47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Fission I find the battles much easier, I didn't really notice until the thief town, I remember that bein a killer in the SNES version it was very easy in this, one part has totally changed!

For some STUPID reason my m3 lite lost my save on this. I booted it up today and it was gone!

I was at around 10 hours and had just found the Sealed Gate and triggered the scene with terra as a baby etc.
Anyone got a save around or close to this PLEASE!!?

[-EDIT-]
Even like an hour before or after maybe 2 before will do, I really can't be arsed to start this over again I played it so many times before I just wanted to see the new dungeon.. *sobs*

AT least you can save, I started on the first part of the game over 3 or 4 times before i gave up. Incluidng slow downs, damn SC lite.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
As it seems no one has got this far or are not using m3 to play, when you do get to the point would you mind saving in a different slot and uploading the save for me please!
Just before or after the you find the sealed gate and the espers attack (my time was around 10hours) would be great thx.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a big problem, so i can't continue the game and i'm so sad (sorry for my bad english i'm french). So I'm at the opera scene, and i control Celes, i have to take flowers and throw them in the vacuum at the end of the scene. But when i arrive at the balcony, Celes doesn't do anything and the music end and nothing occurs.
(I play in Supercard CF)
What is the problem ??

Confirmed... not working on Supercard SD either at this point, due to the slow down.
wink2.gif

No issues with M3 Perfect, got past this scene with no problems.
biggrin.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it me or are the newer cards incompatible with most of the GBA games?

I have the EZFA realtime cart - never encountered problems like those discussed here.

I think your right Thug - that battles are a ton easier even where I am now - I remember struggling through the Cave near Thamasa.
But it just seems so easier now. Even Ulty was easy.
Shame they toned it down.
frown.gif

Was hoping for Japanese difficulty

txt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saves fine on my magic usb oldschool flashcard
biggrin.gif

but this is a bad dump guys! 2 much freezes & ppl losing saves

plz redump!

and thug dont be lazy & stfu go play the 10 hrs this time u make it in 7! u have no sicla life anyway
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1