Hacking GB, GBC and GBA Virtual Console Games Project

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks scooby for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it is still black-screen for me when starting the VC (I also try ML superstar saga). And from ShowMiiWads, it looks like the VCs use IOS-61. I will check the gecko output next time I have got a chance then (not sure whether it will help or not).

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
conanac said:
Thanks scooby for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it is still black-screen for me when starting the VC (I also try ML superstar saga). And from ShowMiiWads, it looks like the VCs use IOS-61. I will check the gecko output next time I have got a chance then (not sure whether it will help or not).

sorry it didnt work for you thats wierd mlss works great for me i had never heard of it before and got it from this post and tried it ill try some more vc on my uneek+di and let you know what the outcome is

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My most anticipated releases

-Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission
-Link's Awakening and Oracle games
-The rest Wario games
-Golden Sun 2
-Kid Icarus 2

The last few weeks things are pretty slow with no new releases.Is the team facing some development problems?
huh.gif

CarinioBrutal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is it also feasible to play the GB Virtual consoles on the Dsi via homebrew? The fact that nintendo did not bother to include this on Dsi was really a cheap and decieving move...

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
napalamman said:
Is it also feasible to play the GB Virtual consoles on the Dsi via homebrew? The fact that nintendo did not bother to include this on Dsi was really a cheap and decieving move...

Why would they include an emulator on a real console? Sounds like a smart move to me... >_> Or maybe I don't understand what you mean.

Fishaman P said:
QUOTE(Schlupi @ Feb 10 2011, 01:03 PM) Also, their DL links on IRC are DOWN. 404 errors all around...

1. Pretty sure a 1,000 poster should know this, but it's discouraged to double-post.

2. Their... *AHEM* website has working links.

Whoops. Sometime I am in a rush and forget to edit my last post instead. Yeah, sorry for the double post.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
napalamman said:

Why would they include an emulator on a real console? Sounds like a smart move to me... >_> Or maybe I don't understand what you mean.

You don't understand what he means. The Wii VC, official or not, is just a ROM shipped with a slightly-tweaked emu.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulators are built for that rom respectively it's just luck that they will except new roms. although the new GBx titles are made such that you cant swap out roms.....

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
napalamman said:
Schlupi said:

I mean Why Dsi does not have it's own Virtual Console Library?

Oh I see. I agree. I think it's bull that only the 3DS gets it... Kinda a dickslap to the face for DSi owners.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker