Hacking Gateway v2.0B2 Now Available

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delaying is neither good nor a big deal.
But they could give a more conservative date than a date which they might not be able to keep.

Anyway thanks GW for helping me Improve my English :
Before Christmas
Around Christmas
Between Christmas and new year's Eve
Early days of 2014

Especially western common sense regarding "delaying", this is more important than grammars.
This is not irony, I am serious.
Could anyone tell me the exact time range of "early days of 2014" from the English language aspect?
Thanks in advance.

Generally Q1 is until May 1st. So maybe before then. But I'm sure they want it out in a hurry, they're just learning right like the rest of us. It's good to see them taking a concern of quality instead of pushing a buggy release.

Reactions: temp1312

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Delaying is neither good nor a big deal.
But they could give a more conservative date than a date which they might not be able to keep.
To be fair, they never gave the release window of "before 2014" to the public. That was just in response to e-mails begging them for any sort of info. And it was clearly an estimate, not a set-in-stone date. Early 2014 is the first estimate posted directly on their official site, so I expect that's a period they're confident in.

Reactions: temp1312 and Ryft

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after this update only thing to add is online play and keep up with nintendo updates and in my eyes this will be a perfect cart

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
be glad that they give updates about delays. and they are right to delay it when it isnt finished. otherwise people will brick their system or update the realnand.

telumetan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
is online play even possible? Aren't each cart unique or something and a ROM is just a copy of one? I'm probably wrong but I just wanted to be sure.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then buy a copy of your preferred edition of pokemon? It's noy like the universe is preventing you from playing it, and it cost half as much as your Gateway. Then when support is added you can dump your ROM and saves and have them on your "Back-up" loader.

With all due respect, I wasn't asking for suggestions on playing it. I was merely expressing my dissatisfaction with one feature I've been waiting for, for a game I want to play on my flashcart without paying for it.*

* Yes, I'm a pirate. No, I don't want to pay for my 3DS games. Get over it (not directed at Abcdfv).

Everyone started out as noobs at some time. I don't see why it can't say "Full EmuNAND 7.1 support." That single extra word removes any kind of questions as to what "Full support" means.

To someone who knows what they're doing, it only takes a few seconds (at most) of thought to realize, "Nah, can't be 7.1 sysNAND support. If it were, they'd make a bigger deal out of this than simply having it as a bullet point on their annoucement." I see your point though. Gateway (and 3DS flashcart devs in general, for that matter) should definitely put in more effort to make their announcements clearer to a wider audience. But I'm guessing with the 3DS flashcart scene still very much in its infancy, and very few people having the Gateway (or another 3DS flashcart, for that matter) compared so people with DS flashcarts, there isn't enough motivation to do so. Hopefully that changes soon.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...the 3DS flashcart scene (is) still very much in its infancy...
I have to agree, I didn't even find out there was a 3DS flashcart until early/mid November. And even then, they started shipping them in August, so it was only 3 months old by the time I ordered my flashcart. It's amazing that in only 4 short months, the 3DS scene achieved almost complete game compatibility (Save Pokemon XY and Animal Crossing) and even has full eShop support. And in the coming month, the only thing we won't have is 5.0+ firmware support. That's pretty damn impressive.

Reactions: IronClouds

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see there are some problems with the saves when someones swaps the firmware (SysNAND <--> EmuNAND) from the one it was created on, but I do wonder:

If I update my 6.X.X from the EmuNAND to the latest one, will I have those same problems? I mean, I do not want to lose 70 hours of MH4... (I still made the backup of the save.. just in any case..)

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see there are some problems with the saves when someones swaps the firmware (SysNAND <--> EmuNAND) from the one it was created on, but I do wonder:

If I update my 6.X.X from the EmuNAND to the latest one, will I have those same problems? I mean, I do not want to lose 70 hours of MH4... (I still made the backup of the save.. just in any case..)

No the problem with saves is only with games that use the new 6.x key.....which EmuNand does not support/implement....so the problem is only when you are using a retail cart and trying to move it between a SysNand and Emunand system only on games that use the new signing key (which to my knowledge are only Pokemon and Zelda). As long as you stay on Emunand your saves will still be fine even if you update your Emunand....unless Gateway fixes this signing key issue in the future or someone finally makes a save game tool.

Reactions: wiibomb

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
The reason roms run on Gateway can't play online is because they have a unique ID, or should....but every Gateway player would look the same to this system which aint gonna work......Gateway has to find a way to randomize/spoof the cartridge ID to ever get online working for roms. I'd say if you really want to play a game online (like Pokemon) then just buy it and use the Gateway to play the dozens of other great games you might have missed.
I

Is it because gateway uses the same ID, or is it because of the data in the ROM itself? If I were to extract my own game as a ROM that I bought (for the convenience of having all my games in a single place) would it still have the correct unique ID, and therefore be able to play online as long as I don't also go online on some other device with the same game at the same time? Or would it still not be possible to use online play?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It
I

Is it because gateway uses the same ID, or is it because of the data in the ROM itself? If I were to extract my own game as a ROM that I bought (for the convenience of having all my games in a single place) would it still have the correct unique ID, and therefore be able to play online as long as I don't also go online on some other device with the same game at the same time? Or would it still not be possible to use online play?
s nothing like that. The gateway card is a "debug mode" card that stops it from being able to play online

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now it is not incorrect that Gateway has forced DEV mode or whatever to disable online play, but the reason they have done it is tied to the CART ID and either fear of ban or the system won't even allow connect if another unique ID is present at the same time.

I am not sure we know yet if Gateway is presenting a spoofed ID for every cart or if it is just using the ID of the dump it is running. I would suspect that latter. So in theory if Gateway ever allows us to dump our own carts then we could play online with a unique ID.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting because we have yet to see Gateway 2.0 final and online is a feature not even being talked about much. Using EMUNAND classic mode and a retail cartridge does allow you online play or if you purchased the eShop version you can also use online, so best bet is for games you want to play online.....just buy them and if we ever get multi-rom, cart dump, online with Gateway you will be all set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo