XP
Country

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is awesome, i love drama like this.

i know i def won't be using a gateway, to know they even put this stuff in their software frightens me enough to not risk it on a 3ds.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
That e-mail response is nothing but a temper tantrum of a 5-year old child. What way is that to treat your customers?! I have an original gateway and yet I'm still afraid of booting it up because if my SD card is corrupted (it happens with cheap ones, and I'm using a cheap one) I can kiss my 250$ 3DS goodbye.

BMinkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That e-mail response is nothing but a temper tantrum of a 5-year old child. What way is that to treat your customers?! I have an original gateway and yet I'm still afraid of booting it up because if my SD card is corrupted (it happens with cheap ones, and I'm using a cheap one) I can kiss my 250$ 3DS goodbye.

do you own a Gateway is that what bricked your 3ds? Or where you using a Clone and modified firmware ? I think your angry at the wrong company

Reactions: crazyace2011

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where you're getting that idea. They never say anything negative in regards to their customers in the e-mail.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Original gateway, legit firmware 2.0b2 (not the region-free modification). Still, I have had memory cards corrupt on me at the worst imaginable times. Did anyone test if data corruption on the SD card indeed does not brick the console? I'm afraid of booting up the gateway mode if it holds any chance of triggering the bomb by data corruption, idiotic coding, etc.
And my 3DS is not bricked.

Also, in regards to "what way is it to treat your customers?". It's only okay to protect your product as long as you make sure none of your legit customers are screwed even if the worst coincidences align, and it's never okay to threaten any property of the user aside from your software/hardware. That's why Starforce DRM failed and was outright reported as a virus by several antivirus companies (it messed with DVD drive firmwares and caused hardware failures). Bricking the fake card is okay. Bricking the 3ds is not. Period.

Reactions: SpaceJump

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Original gateway, legit firmware 2.0b2 (not the region-free modification). Still, I have had memory cards corrupt on me at the worst imaginable times. Did anyone test if data corruption on the SD card indeed does not brick the console? I'm afraid of booting up the gateway mode if it holds any chance of triggering the bomb by data corruption, idiotic coding, etc.
And my 3DS is not bricked.

Your first post sounded as if you were complaining due to getting a bricked 3DS. One of the guys who confirmed the "bricking code" confirmed that it can't happen with the unmodified launcher. For detailed information, you can a post in this thread that links to the posts of this user.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also in the opening post, gateway team says:

We can confirm that NO Gateway user had any issue with their console or their
Gateway card. And this will remain the same in the future, thanks to our team
hard work on proper testing and quality manufacturing.

Which seems to be consistent with user reports.

Wanderman_Trigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG!?! GW lost my money, instead of bricking competitor flashcarts for stealing software,there bricking "could be " customers 3ds's and that is just WRONG on so many levels... think about it like that and they just screwed themselves out of alot of money.

BMinkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG!?! GW lost my money, instead of bricking competitor flashcarts for stealing software,there bricking "could be " customers 3ds's and that is just WRONG on so many levels... think about it like that and they just screwed themselves out of alot of money.
no they are not you don't understand whats going on your going by rumors and just bad intel

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Potential customers are those that hadn't bought any flash cart yet, not people who had already bought a clone cart. IF the rumors are true, and that's still a big if, they didn't lose any money by doing this.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I'm not the only one who realizes that. Also, is that Megaman Legends 3 as your avatar? It looks awesome! What are your thoughts on the Might No. 9 game?

Reactions: Bneundh

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no they are not you don't understand whats going on your going by rumors and just bad intel

I plan on buying 3 more gateway cards in the near future. so they still have my respect. I remember the saying "believe nothing you hear and half of what you see"

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh the consoles bricked where of users who already owned a clone.....if they had just put a lil pop up saying "go buy a gateway instead these guys stole our FW".......how many people do you think would do it....pretty much none, the users would just run to the cloners and tell them to get rid of the message.....basically a pointless execise.....now on the otherhand.....brick a few consoles.....sit back and wait and soon enough once people realise that they are sitting with a product that is always going o be at the mercy of another team who has a rival card.....its not as simple as just waiting to see if updates are safe either as they can delay the effects, only option in most cases would be to sit on an old firmware, or just gamble that the cloners will find all the anti clone code, i think a lot of people might either return their clone and get a gateway, or just sell their clone and get a gateway....then a few really scared people will just go hide in a cupboard and say the world is evil

Reactions: Saxer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte