Hacking Gateway: The Pudding Is Not A Lie (7.2.0)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 30,756
  • Replies 123
  • Likes 3

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
:D no worries, but still gateway never actually said they had 4.5+ working, just that they where looking into it

Aye, but still, they made the promise none the less.
I think their just waiting for Smea to finish his 7.1/7.2 exploit and then copy it for themselves.
Seeing that's usually how it goes ;p

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think their just waiting for Smea to finish his 7.1/7.2 exploit and then copy it for themselves.
Smea exploit= no kernel access=no gateway :(

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

dinoh, Smea copied Gateway 1st .....

<3

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please do not ever support cheats. Im 100% sure somebody will then release a tool to cheat online.
There's always some rat kid wanting to troll people online, that would motivate Nintendo to start banning people

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
please do not ever support cheats. Im 100% sure somebody will then release a tool to cheat online.
There's always some rat kid wanting to troll people online, that would motivate Nintendo to start banning people
assuming nintendo have done their job properly is shouldn't be that easy to cheat online

.....and lets be honest there is only like 2 competitive online multiplayer games

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you ever play pokémon?
You don't need to apply cheats while playing a online match to ruin it, all you have to do is do same save edits (offline cheating).
And what save edits would that be? Only Powersaves can modify saves, and a Gatway ROM backup nor a cart played/saved on a Gateway can be used with that. Even at that, there is no save edit on Powersaves that could ruin online play as it stands.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
And one of them was already ruined by offline cheaters last generation.

Quoting myself: last generation (DS games).
The day that encryption on saves is broken (and it's a easier task than finding kernel exploits since savegames most of times use weaker keys and algorithms) competitive play on pokémon games will be plagued by hacked mons again.

Also, the day that gateway gives players RAM editing capabilites (gameshark, action replay like), people can and will cheat at pokémon, editing their mons through RAM, saving the game, using the monsters at online play.

And RAM editing is perfectly doable, I remember those early leaks of pokémons that will be yet distributed at cinemas.

loco365

Trophies
XP
The day that encryption on saves is broken (and it's a easier task than finding kernel exploits since savegames most of times use weaker keys and algorithms) competitive play on pokémon games will be plagued by hacked mons again.

That's if games with NAND saves can be dumped, modified, and reflashed without skewing keys and having our save wiped.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
and that's down to nintendo to have learned from past mistakes and have proper hacked pokemon filters

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, the day that gateway gives players RAM editing capabilites (gameshark, action replay like), people can and will cheat at pokémon, editing their mons through RAM, saving the game, using the monsters at online play.

And RAM editing is perfectly doable, I remember those early leaks of pokémons that will be yet distributed at cinemas.
You obviously have no clue what is involved in getting a RAM dump and how save signing works on the 3DS or you wouldn't be acting like it is such a simple task. Just to fill you in, you are way off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-