Hacking Gateway: The Pudding Is Not A Lie (7.2.0)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 30,805
  • Replies 123
  • Likes 3

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i hope they dont crack the 3ds firmware above 4.5 as you only have to look at what happened to the ds when it was cracked the game producers soon stopped making games for the machine the base of 4.5 3ds are in a small proportion to the rest of the 3ds so its not a huge problem to the game makers

I think you mean the PSP...the DS was one of the most successful consoles of all time.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope they dont crack the 3ds firmware above 4.5 as you only have to look at what happened to the ds when it was cracked the game producers soon stopped making games for the machine the base of 4.5 3ds are in a small proportion to the rest of the 3ds so its not a huge problem to the game makers

You're confusing it with the regular DS, despite being cracked, sold nearly 200,000,000 units in its lifetime. With that said, cracking firmware outside of emunand beyond 4.5 isn't plausible.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I've pretty much got what I want out of Gateway, Rom back ups playing, Emunand, online, Homebrew. Tbh anything else is just a bonus for me, I'm not concerned about later firmwares working, its just as long as Emunand can be updated in the future and no problems arise there, then I'm all good! :) Obviously for later firmware working for other 3DS users then that is very important. I do hope it materializes for the masses to enjoy GW as much as I am.

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone, to clarify, GW wants to crack the 7.X.X ncch keys for compatability.
They are not working on higher firmware hacks.

philroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it became one of the most profitable systems of all time.
but eventually not for the game makers who saw it just wasent worth making games for the ds or if they did the game were poor

Yeah, it became one of the most profitable systems of all time.
only for nintendo as the game makers had to pay nintendo to allow them to produce games for the ds

I think you mean the PSP...the DS was one of the most successful consoles of all time.
for nintendo perhaps but we are talking about the game makers who saw a huge down turn in profits as the flashcart came into being so they abandoned the ds in droves and if the 3ds is cracked like the ds so they will do the same again. its all about profit for these companies if they dont make any profit making games for a console they wont invest in it. its just about economics at the end of the day just like any company.

philroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, he didn't. But piracy being possible on a system won't instantly wreck any and all support. The amount of people who pirate is quite small.
thats exactly what im saying if everybody gets the option to pirate games the sales of games will go down so making the game makers less likely to support the console

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh i think its kinda ok as it is, a small amount of piracy can actually be positive for a console, people recommending games to others who can't pirate leading to extra sales, imho the DS became too easy to pirate on where the first thing people bought was a R4 card, even people who had no background in modding etc......it was all too easy and i think that's the point where it becomes detrimental

Reactions: Nightwish

philroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tbh i think its kinda ok as it is, a small amount of piracy can actually be positive for a console, people recommending games to others who can't pirate leading to extra sales, imho the DS became too easy to pirate on where the first thing people bought was a R4 card, even people who had no background in modding etc......it was all too easy and i think that's the point where it becomes detrimental
i tend to think you are right if it becomes wholesale then things start to change in the way that if anybody can do it most will and people even make money out of it by selling games to people who wouldnt have a clue aqbout pirating games

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope this comes out soon, I really want to play the copy of Nintendo Pocket Football Club I bought.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Pipe dream? At this point it's an impossibility and/or lack of motivation to find a working exploit. 4.5 consoles are only gonna get more obsolete.
i doubt its a lack of motivation, money is the best motivator the is and the first flashcard with 6.x/7.x im sure would get a good deal of that, its more of a trade off between working to keep sales coming in vs looking for an exploit that may not be there, atm i think gateway are focusing on keeping the sales coming in, but im sure they will at least still be looking at expanding compatibility......just not as their main focus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too