Hacking Gateway stopped working/borrow blue card?

chipshill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My 4 year old son plays my 3ds more than me, mainly OoT or Mario 3d Land, and he drops it frequently. It's been unaffected so far but as of 2 days ago, when I go into the profile to activate gateway by clicking on 'Nintendo ds profile', it just gives me the official options you would normally find in there. I don't know what he's done or how he's done it but I'm struggling to sort it out.

My only thought is I might need to use the blue card again, but I haven't seen that for over a year, before I moved house. Is there a work around? Or is there anybody in Liverpool who would let me borrow theirs for a few mins? (I could send it back in the post if you're willing to send it to me).

Or does anybody have any idea what else to try first?

Apologies if this is obvious, I haven't been on this scene for quite some time now, and I did try to search for it but I got a ridiculous amount of pages and the first 25 I read weren't even close to what I was looking for...

Thank you

chipshill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried that but my console doesn't seem to crash when I go to the webpage like everybody elses. It just says gateway is loading on a black screen but everything is still functional. I'm going to have a read through the whole thread now in case someone else had the same problem.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried that but my console doesn't seem to crash when I go to the webpage like everybody elses. It just says gateway is loading on a black screen but everything is still functional. I'm going to have a read through the whole thread now in case someone else had the same problem.
Have you checked to see if the 3DS was updated? If it was, you can downgrade via hardmod if you have a NAND backup.

chipshill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought that at first but I'm still on 4.4.0-10e

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hang on, is it the root of the SD or the MicroSD in the red card that I should put that file?

DaftMink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be possible as the N3DS doesn't need to use the blue card.
Just need to find a MSET for your region for Old 3DS and boot into SysNAND mode with signature patches (B+X in menu).
Hopefully someone else can point you towards the proper file.

Also don't forget you can get into Gateway mode by visiting go.gateway-3ds.com.

Last edited by DaftMink,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that at first but I'm still on 4.4.0-10e

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hang on, is it the root of the SD or the MicroSD in the red card that I should put that file?

Place the .dat in the root of the sd card inserted into the 3ds, not the one in the red gateway

Last edited by x65943,

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you test the nvram option the gateway menu. Maybe it works on o3ds too.
And if it doesn't, you can also use fbi on your sysnand to install the rop.

chipshill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get to the gateway menu as far as I know. Didn't you need the blue card to access that?

Edit: FIXED!

Sorted it with a multiuploader app from zoogie near the end of the link you gave me at the top. It just made a new code.bin for me which worked a treat.

Thanks again :D

Last edited by chipshill,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya