Gateway stopped working/borrow blue card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by chipshill, Oct 13, 2015.

1. chipshill
    OP

chipshill Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2014
    Liverpool
    My 4 year old son plays my 3ds more than me, mainly OoT or Mario 3d Land, and he drops it frequently. It's been unaffected so far but as of 2 days ago, when I go into the profile to activate gateway by clicking on 'Nintendo ds profile', it just gives me the official options you would normally find in there. I don't know what he's done or how he's done it but I'm struggling to sort it out.

My only thought is I might need to use the blue card again, but I haven't seen that for over a year, before I moved house. Is there a work around? Or is there anybody in Liverpool who would let me borrow theirs for a few mins? (I could send it back in the post if you're willing to send it to me).

Or does anybody have any idea what else to try first?

Apologies if this is obvious, I haven't been on this scene for quite some time now, and I did try to search for it but I got a ridiculous amount of pages and the first 25 I read weren't even close to what I was looking for...

Thank you

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Quantumcat likes this.
  3. chipshill
    OP

chipshill Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2014
    Liverpool
    I tried that but my console doesn't seem to crash when I go to the webpage like everybody elses. It just says gateway is loading on a black screen but everything is still functional. I'm going to have a read through the whole thread now in case someone else had the same problem.

4. BobDoleOwndU

BobDoleOwndU GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 28, 2013
    Canada
    Have you checked to see if the 3DS was updated? If it was, you can downgrade via hardmod if you have a NAND backup.

5. chipshill
    OP

chipshill Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2014
    Liverpool
    I thought that at first but I'm still on 4.4.0-10e

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hang on, is it the root of the SD or the MicroSD in the red card that I should put that file?

6. DaftMink

DaftMink GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Should be possible as the N3DS doesn't need to use the blue card.
    Just need to find a MSET for your region for Old 3DS and boot into SysNAND mode with signature patches (B+X in menu).
    Hopefully someone else can point you towards the proper file.

Also don't forget you can get into Gateway mode by visiting go.gateway-3ds.com.

Last edited by DaftMink, Oct 14, 2015
  7. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Place the .dat in the root of the sd card inserted into the 3ds, not the one in the red gateway

Last edited by x65943, Oct 14, 2015
  8. chipshill
    OP

chipshill Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2014
    Liverpool
    Yeah that's where I had it, just dumped it in there with the saves etc. Just thought I'd ask in case

9. VerseHell

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Did you test the nvram option the gateway menu. Maybe it works on o3ds too.
    And if it doesn't, you can also use fbi on your sysnand to install the rop.

10. chipshill
    OP

chipshill Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2014
    Liverpool
    I can't get to the gateway menu as far as I know. Didn't you need the blue card to access that?

Edit: FIXED!

Sorted it with a multiuploader app from zoogie near the end of the link you gave me at the top. It just made a new code.bin for me which worked a treat.

Thanks again :D

Last edited by chipshill, Oct 15, 2015
  11. VerseHell

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    You can get to it trough the browser, (go.gateway-3ds.com)