Hacking Gateway site update

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
After almost 2 years, I still enjoy my gateway.
I switch to Reinand only when I want play GBA/DsiWare.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In france it's not april yet, 03-31 and it's 01.10am
me I don't lie on April 1st and good night everyone and about the way the email was real

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My bets are on them releasing 10.3 SysNAND support as well as A9LH. I mean, if they meant to say they will release a downgrade method for 10.3, then they would probably mention 10.4-10.7 as well, because those firmware versions can be downgraded too. But because they only mention "10.3 support" specifically, I'm putting my monies on 10.3 SysNAND support, maybe with that ntrcardhax thing or something else.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
My bets are on them releasing 10.3 SysNAND support as well as A9LH. I mean, if they meant to say they will release a downgrade method for 10.3, then they would probably mention 10.4-10.7 as well, because those firmware versions can be downgraded too. But because they only mention "10.3 support" specifically, I'm putting my monies on 10.3 SysNAND support, maybe with that ntrcardhax thing or something else.

10.3 sysNAND support would be so very neat.
and A9LH support also,

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid GW's support for arm9loaderhax will be some simple file somewhere in the folder (like they provided the 3dsx file) and won't involve the full 2.x downgrade procedure, etc.
we're on out own for that i guess :S

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm afraid GW's support for arm9loaderhax will be some simple file somewhere in the folder (like they provided the 3dsx file) and won't involve the full 2.x downgrade procedure, etc.
we're on out own for that i guess :S
Of course. Nobody is expecting them to release their own A9LH installer method or way of obtaining the OTP.

We just want an A9LH payload so we're no longer restricted to 9.2 native firm.

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
[...]
this is more than likely impossible but if the Gateway can capture gameplay it would be awesome and it would be a bummer for capture cards:evil:
Multiple save slots is a no brainer; it should be dead easy to implement. There's already a homebrew save manager that does something similar, but having it in the multirom menu would be much faster and cleaner.

Having realtime save support sounds more reasonable than realtime gameplay capture. Unless they can figure out a hardware method to capture gameplay (that would be impossible with their red card), they'll need to do it through software. It'll be too taxing for the 3DS.

Games would run at like 7fps.

Last edited by dplaktos,
Reactions: Maximilious

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Video capture won't happen because this would obviously use the CPU, and probably quite a lot of CPU resources. Games would be unplayable.

The only reason it is possible on the PS4 is because it has a separate ARM processor for this purpose.

Serei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video capture won't happen because this would obviously use the CPU, and probably quite a lot of CPU resources. Games would be unplayable.

The only reason it is possible on the PS4 is because it has a separate ARM processor for this purpose.
N3DS runs most games with lots of spare CPU power though since they run on o3ds clockspeed, the difference in CPU power is pretty massive and it has 2 extra cores. Nintendo could probably do it, it'd probably be very hard to do it through homebrew though? Not sure how much control you have of the CPU. I don't think it'll happen, it'd be a huge project in any case and might be end up being impossible to get running at a decent speed.

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh my God it's happening the update is now available :grog:
1.png
2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum