Hacking Gateway requirements

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,884
  • Replies 48
D

Deleted User

OP
You will likely have problems with English games. Also you need 4.5 console.
It would probably come with 4.5, right? Also, would emuNAND be in English? Would the Gateway cart even work? I could get all my games in English on the Gateway since it's region-free too, right?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gateway plays eShop titles now, and has online, the new update will dress apps like pokebank youtube etc. I doubt theres anything on your current 3DS you wouldn't be able to get on your 4.5 one, because you'll be getting a GW for pirating purposes, look around and you'll find all the same stuff. You could also keep two, I've got one I use for legitimate reasons/online and a gateway one. My GW currently has no emuNAND and plays all titles ( or will with the new update ) so there's really no reasons not to hunt one down. I got mine on eBay for £120 brand new delivered. ... just look around, as stated it will save you money in the long run.

D

Deleted User

OP
Gateway plays eShop titles now, and has online, the new update will dress apps like pokebank youtube etc. I doubt theres anything on your current 3DS you wouldn't be able to get on your 4.5 one, because you'll be getting a GW for pirating purposes, look around and you'll find all the same stuff. You could also keep two, I've got one I use for legitimate reasons/online and a gateway one. My GW currently has no emuNAND and plays all titles ( or will with the new update ) so there's really no reasons not to hunt one down. I got mine on eBay for £120 brand new delivered. ... just look around, as stated it will save you money in the long run.

OK, thanks. I really would like to know if I could use a Japanese 3ds, and if emuNAND would still be in English, and if a Gateway would even run on it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
OK, thanks. I really would like to know if I could use a Japanese 3ds, and if emuNAND would still be in English, and if a Gateway would even run on it.
if your getting a japanese console for cyber gadget editor with pokemon or something im afraid unless gateway actually properly fix the 6.x save encryption the saves made in classic mode will not work with cyber gadget editor ....ps thats assuming that was why you wanted a japanese console....seems thats the main reason lately

D

Deleted User

OP
if your getting a japanese console for cyber gadget editor with pokemon or something im afraid unless gateway actually properly fix the 6.x save encryption the saves made in classic mode will not work with cyber gadget editor ....ps thats assuming that was why you wanted a japanese console....seems thats the main reason lately
I want a japanese console for CGSE and for Flipnote Studio 3d, but I'd use a legitimate copy of Pokemon and trade it to my English cart. I wouldn't try using it to put it on a pirated copy, because I know you can't do that. I was just thinking that since I want to get one anyways, it could be used for legitimate Cyber Gadget edits and Gateway stuff.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I want a japanese console for CGSE, but I'd use a legitimate copy of Pokemon and trade it to my English cart. I wouldn't try using it to put it on a pirated copy, because I know you can't do that. I was just thinking that since I want to get one anyways, it could be used for legitimate Cyber Gadget edits and Gateway stuff.
yeah see thats the issue, even with a legit cart if your using classic mode currently gateway uses a "botched" 6.x save encryption........which means you would be unable to edit your saves with CGSE as the save encryption is not done properly

i would wait to see if this update from gateway fixes the messed up save encryption at the same time as 7.x rom encryption

D

Deleted User

OP
yeah see thats the issue, even with a legit cart if your using classic mode currently gateway uses a "botched" 6.x save encryption........which means you would be unable to edit your saves with CGSE as the save encryption is not done properly

i would wait to see if this update from gateway fixes the messed up save encryption at the same time as 7.x rom encryption
They said they have the fix, they just need to publish it. So that should end up not being an issue when I get another DS.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They said they have the fix, they just need to publish it. So that should end up not being an issue when I get another DS.
yeah the fix they have mentioned is in regards to 7.x rom encryption....there hasnt been any indication they will be fixing the 6.x save encryption....kinda hoping they fix both issues side by side....but im imagining they will need a way to convert everyones current saves from the "botched" encryption to the proper 6.x encryption, or everyone will be needing to start all their saves from scratch

D

Deleted User

OP
yeah the fix they have mentioned is in regards to 7.x rom encryption....there hasnt been any indication they will be fixing the 6.x save enctyption
Maybe I just shouldn't get a Gateway, but maybe I will - it all depends on future developments in the 3ds area. Maybe someone will release a downgrading tool on SSSPwn. I also heard a guy successfully downgraded his 3ds on these forums. It all depends.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Maybe I just shouldn't get a Gateway, but maybe I will - it all depends on future developments in the 3ds area. Maybe someone will release a downgrading tool on SSSPwn. I also heard a guy successfully downgraded his 3ds on these forums. It all depends.
that guy was full of......he is a troll he just switched the case of a 4.x console with one of the pokemon cases and wanted attention for it

...you could of course sell your other 3ds get a 4.x and an official updated japanese 3ds....but i would say just wait and see what gateway put out, i have a feeling the "few other developments" they promised might include proper 6.x save encryption support....in which case it will be a non issue

D

Deleted User

OP
that guy was full of......he is a troll he just switched the case of a 4.x console with one of the pokemon cases and wanted attention for it

...you could of course sell your other 3ds get a 4.x and an official updated japanese 3ds....but i would say just wait and see what gateway put out, i have a feeling the "few other developments" they promised might include proper 6.x save encryption support....in which case it will be a non issue

OK. I just want to see what will happen and will get one next year.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hi im a little confused when they say ''it can play Eshop titles''. Am i able to pirate Eshop games as well? Or are you saying Eshop titles work on the emunand?

D

Deleted User

OP
hi im a little confused when they say ''it can play Eshop titles''. Am i able to pirate Eshop games as well? Or are you saying Eshop titles work on the emunand?
It means that as soon as dumping technology is out, they can be pirated. I may not know what I need to run a Gateway, but I know what it does.

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah certain eshop games have been dumped and repackaged as .3ds roms so they work like a cart on gateway.....go look at 3ds.essh.co to see whats been dumped

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No you dont need emuNAND to play eShop or VC roms. They all work so far (except a select few and some apps) which will work once gateway release their next update.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope....i doubt they would ever allow a feature like that....it would basically make their card redundant once you install the games you could just share 1 card with a bunch of people

ok and I'm getting mine very soon and was wondering if (85$ for the Gateway red and blue card with an 16GB micro sd card and readable usb) ...is that a good deal? or can i get it cheaper somewhere? http://www.modchipsdirect.com/gateway-3ds.html

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok and I'm getting mine very soon and was wondering if (85$ for the Gateway red and blue card with an 16GB micro sd card and readable usb) ...is that a good deal? or can i get it cheaper somewhere? http://www.modchipsdirect.com/gateway-3ds.html
tbh its probably about average, yeahgeek is a little cheaper, it just depends if you would want anything bigger than 16gb i would suggest you source your own SD card, from what i have heard the bundled SD cards they usually include arent very good.....but i dont know too much about modchipsdirect themselves they might include good SD card.....i dont think it would be a fake card or anything, just generally the cheapest possible cards

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh its probably about average, yeahgeek is a little cheaper, it just depends if you would want anything bigger than 16gb i would suggest you source your own SD card, from what i have heard the bundled SD cards they usually include arent very good.....but i dont know too much about modchipsdirect themselves they might include good SD card.....i dont think it would be a fake card or anything, just generally the cheapest possible cards

I don't think you should reccomend YeahGeek. Someone ordered from them and got a faulty card. When he told them it was faulty, they told him to talk to GW first to "confirm" it was faulty. I didn't follow up on the story but i dont think he got a replacement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol