• Views 38,425
  • Replies 185
  • Likes 16

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and did it, used ODIN to take an image of the SD with emuNAND 8.1 and then formatted EmuNAND back to 4.4. So should be safe if 8.2 blocks this new GW3DS update

but if 8.2 or 9.x blocks gateway then the only reason to have your 8.1 is to play 8.x encrytped games. it'll be a shame if nintendo releases a new update before we can access e-shop with this to download game updates and whatnot

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but if 8.2 or 9.x blocks gateway then the only reason to have your 8.1 is to play 8.x encrytped games. it'll be a shame if nintendo releases a new update before we can access e-shop with this to download game updates and whatnot

Im hoping that the new update includes a way to be able to use .cia files.
If so, we will no longer need to access the eshop for game updates.

Many game updates are already available online as .cia files, they're just not installable at this time.
If GW were to implement this in the new update we could possibly use game updates for out of region games as well, specifically for JAP games like MH4, Yokai Watch etc.

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome. But is there anything worth playing in 7.x or 8.x encryption? I have my 3DS full of dust

First of all, newer games will use the encryption. Second, all of the system apps are encrypted on newer firmwares, so you can't even boot emuNAND, not to mention eShop.

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im hoping that the new update includes a way to be able to use .cia files.
If so, we will no longer need to access the eshop for game updates.

Many game updates are already available online as .cia files, they're just not installable at this time.
If GW were to implement this in the new update we could possibly use game updates for out of region games as well, specifically for JAP games like MH4, Yokai Watch etc.

god i wish this happens, if it does we may never need to update emunand again. also, maybe i'm just being greedy, i want a way to dump our eshop games into .3ds format. i've been wanting to export the header on my mk7 eshop copy since forever.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gateway is getting better and better and they said in previous news they have things to show us in addition of the 8.X support, I hope it'll be something related to updates, VC or eshop games...

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Still a 4.1-4.5 release... Useless for majority of us 3DS users waiting for something useful. :/

Instead of waiting and waiting for something that may never happen, maybe you should get a 3DS with 4.1-4.5 like the rest of us before it's too late. I'm sure there'll be a point when they won't be available anywhere.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Still a 4.1-4.5 release... Useless for majority of us 3DS users waiting for something useful. :/

who says non 4.1-4.5 3ds is a majority?

Gateway still sees a profitable market out there making it worthwhile to invest time into their product?! There are still < 5.0 3ds consoles for sale.
Either you had bad luck in buying a >4.5 3ds or you did an update (which is your mistake).

That there is no exploit found in fw > 4.5 is not Gateway's fault.

Reactions: y03usw6e

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Playing Super Smash Bros. one month before our official release date?

Oh Gateway - this is true love for us! :wub: .. and maybe the money.

Reactions: adragon123

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like many have stated already, all i really want besides the ability to play 7.x encrypted games is.

- The ability to use 7.x encrypted save files from retail games. (So i can use my pokemon save on my GW)
- The ability to use .3ds saves with new .3dz roms. (I Cant use my 80+hr Bravely Default Save :( )
- The ability to use dumped .cia files, so we can hopefully update out of region games & and update games if eshop access is ever lost again.
- The ability to dump and use self-dumped eshop roms, this way more eshop games can be dumped instead of relying on the three scene groups (this will also save the groups money in the end).
- The ability to run dumped dlc files, i know no dlc files to my knowledge have been dumped but thats what im hoping for in the future.
- Cheats are a give and take, i kind of want them but if it comes at the cost of ruining online play then i hope they never become implemented.

This, with the usual updates to combat w.e Anti-piracy nintendo implements in the future is all i need to consider GW complete.

But in all honesty we are leagues ahead of where we were when GW first released, and im perfectly satisfied with what we already have, adding these features would just be more icing on the cake.

Reactions: adragon123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end