• Views 38,358
  • Replies 185
  • Likes 16

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time they release a video it takes more than a month for the next update.
that quite enough time for 9.0 encryption to come out

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we can only speculate for now, but it probably wont be necessary to actually have a 8.x emunand to play the new games as firmware spoofing SHOULD take care of that, but who knows, can't hurt to be extra safe and sure... also, I collect emunand backups from every version, never know, when it could be handy to have an older backup ^^

sorry to bother you but i just got the emunand tool and it says inject NAND not emunand, so is it safe if i browse to an emunand file when injecting? or do i need to use the hardware flash method?

I've used the NANDtool to save my current emuNAND, update to 8.1.0-19, saved that emuNAND, and injected the old one back. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo released 8.2.0 which may cause some issues with the new GW launcher. At least you'll be guaranteed on the same firmware version as was used in the teaser video.
Is It ok to browse to the backed up emunand when choosing the inject nand option?

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I know that GW team was true to their words from the start and never disappointed, but encryption is a tricky thing, I thought it might be slightly misleading statement that they were working on it. But they don’t waste time. Praise the sun!

Anyway, is there a list of 7.x encrypted roms?
I know:
YouTube (USA)
Pokémon Bank
Nintendo Pocket Football Club
Tomodachi Life
Youkai Watch 2
Pokémon Art Academy (?)
What else?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I know that GW team was true to their words from the start and never disappointed, but encryption is a tricky thing, I thought it might be slightly misleading statement that they were working on it. But they don’t waste time. Praise the sun!

Anyway, is there a list of 7.x encrypted roms?
I know:
YouTube (USA)
Pokémon Bank
Nintendo Pocket Football Club
Tomodachi Life
Youkai Watch 2
Pokémon Art Academy (?)
What else?
I think you got most of them. Not a lot of games have been released with 7.x encryption yet AFAIK.

Glad Gateway continues to provide value for my purchase. With the release of the Omega updates, it really had everything I needed already. More features and functionality are never a bad thing, though.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We finally did it! We are the first and only team to add support for the latest games and applications that make use of the new 7.x and 8.x encryption.
Wait... 8.x encyption?? are they talking about the 7.x mechanisms introduced to 8.x firm or is there a new encryption for 8.x?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
We finally did it! We are the first and only team to add support for the latest games and applications that make use of the new 7.x and 8.x encryption.

Just read that part LOL. They really think they are going to be the only team to have that? mt card will surely copy it and clones probably too ( new brick code will have to be checked for , old one is already tamed) , since this is a launcher thing again and not something that updates the fpga. My guess is that these weeks before release they are really looking for a way for it not being copied. But even multirom being copied by clones I really doubt they can manage to do it. Even if they manage to unleash a new deadly brick code it's more than clear now that clones don't just take all the firmware and change it's name and done , but only copy features from it ( they can't do that anymore tho because mtcard needs card upgrades and gateway requires a gateway card.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just read that part LOL. They really think they are going to be the only team to have that? mt card will surely copy it and clones probably too ( new brick code will have to be checked for , old one is already tamed) , since this is a launcher thing again and not something that updates the fpga. My guess is that these weeks before release they are really looking for a way for it not being copied. But even multirom being copied by clones I really doubt they can manage to do it. Even if they manage to unleash a new deadly brick code it's more than clear now that clones don't just take all the firmware and change it's name and done , but only copy features from it ( they can't do that anymore tho because mtcard needs card upgrades and gateway requires a gateway card.

it took months for clones to clone GW 2.0 omega. im sure they will include yet another anti clone set up, and that would work for a few months at least.
If i were a GW team member, i'd be struggling to make sure Smash works at launch. Bc its by far the most expected game on the console.
And if GW is the only flashcart to run smash from scene realease and cart. that would be a great success.

Im waiting to see the Jap release working on GW when it comes out in order to place my preorder. im not quitting on homebrew, not now XD

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
it took months for clones to clone GW 2.0 omega. im sure they will include yet another anti clone set up, and that would work for a few months at least.
If i were a GW team member, i'd be struggling to make sure Smash works at launch. Bc its by far the most expected game on the console.
And if GW is the only flashcart to run smash from scene realease and cart. that would be a great success.

Im waiting to see the Jap release working on GW when it comes out in order to place my preorder. im not quitting on homebrew, not now XD

All are pretty much assuming smash will come with the new encription. It should being the next big big N game , but who knows , anything could happen. It could have no protection or even a newer one not implemented yet.

The months they took to clone omega wasn't to clone omega per se( which again , they didn't copy it but some features) , but to try to clone mt card and try to establish a base launcher to add features to that way not having a risk of brick code anymore.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They never said they'd be the only team to ever have it in the future. Just that they're the first and only team to have it now.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. But from what i read on another forum its still doesnt mean it can run on other FW its still 4.1-4.5 XD Dang i hate being out of luck. since i got my gateway 1 week after pokemon and didn't wait to use gateway XD I hope the can make it run on 7.16 soon so i dont have to spend money i dont have on another 3ds

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. But from what i read on another forum its still doesnt mean it can run on other FW its still 4.1-4.5 XD Dang i hate being out of luck. since i got my gateway 1 week after pokemon and didn't wait to use gateway XD I hope the can make it run on 7.16 soon so i dont have to spend money i dont have on another 3ds

It very well could be possible to work with it beyond the 4.x firmware, trouble is finding another exploit, it wouldn't be for a long time.

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They never said they'd be the only team to ever have it in the future. Just that they're the first and only team to have it now.
Exactly lol...what are they supposed to say, we will be the first and only team to add support for the new 7.x and 8.x encryption until others copy it?

Reactions: Thirty3Three

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It very well could be possible to work with it beyond the 4.x firmware, trouble is finding another exploit, it wouldn't be for a long time.
I know. I'm just wondering if i should spend the money I've been saving for on another 3ds system [since now I'm looking for the zelda ocarina of time bundle which is a bit hard to find]. For me is that, the longer time goes by i don't have time to play the hand full of games i wanted to play for a while now.

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I think SSB is a big deal and I wouldnt be surprised if they are waiting to test it when that is released, at least the JPN version since its now about 4 weeks away. I am really looking forward to it and the new Pokemon games.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
I've used the NANDtool to save my current emuNAND, update to 8.1.0-19, saved that emuNAND, and injected the old one back. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo released 8.2.0 which may cause some issues with the new GW launcher. At least you'll be guaranteed on the same firmware version as was used in the teaser video.
What's NANDtool? Couldn't you just copy the entire SD card when the (non-working) 8.1 emunand is installed? I think you have a good idea though, I would like to do the same thing but am wary of updating emunand as I'm not sure how to do it safely

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's NANDtool? Couldn't you just copy the entire SD card when the (non-working) 8.1 emunand is installed? I think you have a good idea though, I would like to do the same thing but am wary of updating emunand as I'm not sure how to do it safely

http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
you can update emunand like normal as long as youre sure youre in emunand and not sysnand, however if you update emunand without having the proper gateway update, booting emunand will load a black screen

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if this means saves on legit carts using classic mode will work correctly now when trying to resume play on a fully updated 3ds.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.