ROM Hack Gateway patcher

obs123194

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a gateway patcher that can inject multiple private headers at once rather then doing it one by one?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it wouldn't be too tricky to create one, but no i don't think there is one.
but, the chip manufacturer would be wrong in some games, i don't think we can guess it. the chip size we can detect, but i think the chip manufacturer has to be found by trial and error? (correct?)
i guess i could make a python tool to do this though

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
definitely :|
(but also is for each and every one doing the same thing on trial/error basis on their one^^)

Reactions: cearp

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
brilliant! thanks
(large majority -- so that means some are incorrect? ha)
well they have been at times, but it only really matters for online games afaik, and im pretty sure they will of ironed out most/all of the initial bugs when they just filled it up with random data to boost their game count

would also mean sky3ds team get to provide the updates for it too :P

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
well they have been at times, but it only really matters for online games afaik, and im pretty sure they will of ironed out most/all of the initial bugs when they just filled it up with random data to boost their game count

would also mean sky3ds team get to provide the updates for it too :P

i like the sound of that :)
maybe this weekend (maybe) i will make a tool that takes in a directory and finds all .3ds/.3dz files, renames them to .3dz if needed, and applies the correct header data based on an input header --- using the sky template as my information haha
it should not take too long

- the size of the rom is somewhere in the rom right, i won't have to rely on reading the filesize (which may be trimmed)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...