Hacking Gateway or Sky3DS for NEW 3DS XL?

Conan48

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
quick questions: does gateway work with New 3ds xl? I see it's not listed on the gateway website but is that only because they don't know what firmware new 3ds XL will ship with? A few people mentioned it will be 9.0

Sky looks to be good for New 3DS XL right?

thanks

flashh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Gateway update is not released for the new 3ds yet. But it will be "soon".

Sky3ds does work for the new 3ds but is not region free

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway update is not released for the new 3ds yet. But it will be "soon".

Sky3ds does work for the new 3ds but is not region free

Basically this. If you are looking into getting a flash cart I would wait until AFTER the system comes out as maybe GW will release/say something by then.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks.

Soon, any time frame? weeks, months?

Nobody knows what Gateway's timeframe is or what they or doing or when. Gateway announced they're working on support for New3DS on Nov 14, 2014, and since then all they've been saying is "soon", nothing more.

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a N3DS of your region and want to play games right away, a sky would be a better choice. If you don't mind waiting for whenever soon is, or you really want the extra gateway features like emunand, consider waiting for gateway. Gateway is more feature rich but sky has the benefit of actually working on the N3DS right now. Weigh what is more important to you and choose that. If you're waiting until the 13 february release date to get your N3DS, might as wait ~2 week to see if gateway gets released and play other games in the mean time.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would wait, Gateway doesn't work at the moment but it offers emunand, firmware spoofing, homebrew, CIA installation and full kernel access all of which the Sky3DS will never have, which means when Sky3DS is patched (it's been confirmed patchable by several people) it will be blocked forever.

Radxical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a safe bet to wait the 2 weeks for the next update. Sky3ds works right now with the new3dsXL but we don't know if it'll get patched on Friday the 13th.

Naifas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, If I own a current Sky3DS and it gets patched I'll end up with flashcard that does nothing, correct?
This will not happen to Gateway because it can emulate latest firmware, am I correct?

Radxical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, If I own a current Sky3DS and it gets patched I'll end up with flashcard that does nothing, correct?
This will not happen to Gateway because it can emulate latest firmware, am I correct?
100% yes to the first question. It's unfortunate, but I knew that was going to happen when I bought my sky3ds.

The Gateway is a lot less likely because of the Emunand. It's not impossible though, because Nintendo might be able to do something that makes the emunand obsolete. Don't quote me on this though. I don't know much about the gateway, but I know it's not completely immune. That's why it's a good idea to wait for the update.

It is important to note that the sky3ds has much less features (no homebrew, etc.), so it might not be as high of a priority as the Gateway. But any form of piracy is negative profits for Nintendo, so...yeah.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Well considering that the previous Sky3DS card was abandoned and was not update-able, people assume that the new Sky3DS card might also not be update-able, but we don't know that for sure yet(at least I don't).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill