Hacking Gateway New 3DS Emunand 9.5.0 and higher is not supported (+ reason)

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from gateway website:

and the reason , well it seems that n3ds is just not a better hardware ,some major software changes can be done on it

here's the log from 3dbrew on 9.5.0-22 firmware:

as you see , they are some security features exclusively for n3ds firmware which are not present on regular 3ds
maybe the gateway team can bypass it like 7.x encryption , maybe not , who knows...

N3DS does not have better hardware? WTF?

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
This is rubbish news. Now my N3DS looks even more lonely and useless. Choices:

- Keep waiting for N3DS compatibility, then commit to N3DS without eshop for forseeable future
- Send N3DS back to store, stick with 3DSXL and keep fingers crossed that they break encryption soonish

Bummer

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't really care personally, emunand 9.x (9.0-9.2) is far enough.

The only thing you would lose not having 9.5 is eshop access, and you can still get the game updates as .cia files so it's a fake problem.

About New Games, after Majora's Mask, it's not like any big games has big announced soon so it's not really a problem for me, and if I'm really interested by a game, I can still buy it (like I often did, last game I bought was Pokemon AS), piracy is not my main motivation for gateway personally.

Xenoblade.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll elaborate with what I have collected before more people start commenting.

3DS, 2DS, 3DS XL:
4.5 through 9.2 sysNAND - WORKING.
9.5 emuNAND - WORKING.

N3DS & N3DS XL:
8.0 through 9.2 - SHOULD HAVE SUPPORT SOON.
9.5 emuNAND - NEW ENCRYPTION MEANS SUPPORT MAY TAKE A WHILE.

8.0 through 9.4 emuNAND should still work on N3DS once support is released, and you will be able to do everything you could ever wish. It should be a VERY long time before any game comes out that requires 9.5. eSHOP will, sadly, not be usable, but you'll have to deal with it.

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll elaborate with what I have collected before more people start commenting.

3DS, 2DS, 3DS XL:
4.5 through 9.2 sysNAND - WORKING.
9.5 emuNAND - WORKING.

N3DS & N3DS XL:
8.0 through 9.2 - SHOULD HAVE SUPPORT SOON.
9.5 emuNAND - NEW ENCRYPTION MEANS SUPPORT MAY TAKE A WHILE.

8.0 through 9.4 emuNAND should still work on N3DS once support is released, and you will be able to do everything you could ever wish. It should be a VERY long time before any game comes out that requires 9.5. eSHOP will, sadly, not be usable, but you'll have to deal with it.

How can we update to 9.4 EmuNand from an 8.1 N3DS once support is released?

Reactions: TheShadowRunner

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm curious about something... Why they implemented this new encryption to only N3DS but left out Regular 3DS?

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I can play MH4U and MM3d I'll be ok for a year :D I have a big backlog of about 10 3ds game to finish so they have time to work on it.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
One thing that I don't understand is why 9.5 ?They managed to emulate 9.2-9.4 on N3DS(so the encryption should be out of the question), so either the emulation process takes a lot of time which they don't have right now (because they need to release the support for N3DS) or Nintendo did something to prevent the emulation on 9.5, but the update is global, the same update that was released on N3DS was pushed on 3DS/2DS, and even if they could prevent emulation, why would Nintendo not do the same for the regular 3DS and 2DS ?

I'm leaning toward N3DS being much harder to emulate, and they don't have the time right now due to them working hard on finalizing the support for N3DS.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that I don't understand is why 9.5 ?They managed to emulate 9.2-9.4 on N3DS(so the encryption should be out of the question), so either the emulation process takes a lot of time which they don't have right now (because they need to release the support for N3DS) or Nintendo did something to prevent the emulation on 9.5, but the update is global, the same update that was released on N3DS was pushed on 3DS/2DS, and even if they could prevent emulation, why would Nintendo not do the same for the regular 3DS and 2DS ?

I'm leaning toward N3DS being much harder to emulate, and they don't have the time right now due to them working hard on finalizing the support for N3DS.

The new encryption is a bit tricky, and it is meant to stop things exactly like this. The last two updates weren't as hostile.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people care so much about no 9.5 support? The only thing you're missing is eshop games, and it's called .cia.
Just a hunch but I think it is about the N3DS exclusives as they are the main reason to get a N3DS. Sure it has the other new features but not having those does not prevent you from playing new games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.