[UPDATE] Luma3DS v10.0 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Jun 29, 2019.

Front-page
    luma_logo.

It took a good while to be released, but it's finally here: Luma3DS, the popular custom firmware for the Nintendo 3DS, has just received a major update!

Version 10.0 introduces several new features, like an NTP client which can be used to sync your clock via Google's time servers (works with GodMode9 too!), CTRPF-AR code support for the built-in cheat engine, blue light filters with five different light reduction levels (night owls, rejoice!) and a pm service reimplementation made by @TuxSH. There are also improvements and bugfixes all across the board, of course: a higher number of cheats can be enabled at the same time, the debugger received a ton of new functions and features (some thanks to the previously mentioned sysmodule reimplementation), EmuNAND options will be automatically hidden if none can be found on the SD card and a few crashes and oddities have been resolved.

It's worth mentioning that v10.0 comes bundled with the newly released Homebrew Menu v2.1.0 too, which also has its own set of noteworthy additions: for example, an integrated 3dslink server that can be used to send .3dsx homebrew between two consoles on the same network (just press X while selecting a homebrew app!)

Here are Luma3DS v10.0 and Homebrew Menu v2.1.0's official changelogs:
    However, there is one thing to keep in mind before you head to the Releases page: this version breaks compatibility with NTR CFW. While some functions appear to work fine, like screen streaming, others don't seem to work at all - especially game plugins. A solution is reportedly in the works but, if you need NTR, it may be a good idea to stay on v9.1 in the meantime.

UPDATE: Version v10.0.1 has been released, which includes hotfixes for LayeredFS and N3DS-specific applications not closing properly, as well as previous fixes that have been rolled out silently in the previous days (NTP client not setting date/time properly, process list memory viewer, correct ARM BLX instruction)

:arrow: Source
    :arrow: GBAtemp thread

Discussion (118 replies)
  1. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    ahhh gotta love that stability and the enhancements to the user experience

2. NutymcNuty

NutymcNuty Don't drink too much!

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Ottawa, Ontario
    wait wai twai- the ntp time sync is probably the best feature i've seen on homebrew in years!

Sicklyboy and Fabian Schuchhardt like this.
  3. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Just updated both mine (after a loooong long time) and me bf our 3DSes.
    Perfect excuse to do it : D

4. Itsuki235

Itsuki235 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2019
    United States
    What are the reasons one would prefer to use NTR CFW instead of Luma3DS that would prevent one from updating to the latest version? Streaming works, so what else is there that Luma3DS cannot natively do?

souhukyafod and samhhhhh like this.
  5. omega59

omega59 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    Canada
    i hope ntr cfw updates soon then :)

John2022 and comput3rus3r like this.
  6. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  7. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    oh nice gota update!
    btw I fogot how to open HBL with rosalina, I want to avoid using homebrew installed apps :wacko:

8. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    are game plugins compatible with built in luma cheat engine?

9. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    Love it :)

Edit: Although if I had to pick a specific feature I loved most, probably cheat engine enhancements!!!

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    just updated. what's odd is that luma updater failed at downloading the newest version, yet it could detect it. I thought it might be due to the new encryption of github, but it was able to detect a new version was there, and I could've sworn that was true of the previous update. it has been a long time since then. anyway, this new update seems to have fixed a problem with twilight menu++ (exiting a gb game by going to exit to launcher). it was fixed using twilight menu++ (the version released a few days ago) on a flash cart, but it still didn't exit correctly using the 3ds sd card. this seems to have fixed it.

11. Robika

Robika GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2010
    Spain
    What is NTR CFW?

12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    might be talking about boot ntr/ntr selector? it allows you to do several additional things, such as ingame cheats. ntr on newer firmware seems to be a bit unstable, but it still works. I've had a few crashes with it.

13. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    its well known for streaming new 3ds to your pc, as well as plugins. Someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe luma does almost everything ntrcfw does minus the screen streaming (which it doesnt break)

CoolStarDood and SlasherGamer21 like this.
  14. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    was ntr the thing that made ds games run better?

15. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    blue light config for the 3DS? hackers did it before Nintendoes!

Red771 and theJlord23 like this.
  16. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    My New 3DS should be stable enough now. Good stability through nintendos firmware, and extra stability from aurorawright. Thanks for that guys :D

17. AndrewH

AndrewH Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2017
    Canada
    I want to try out this blue light filter. Anyone know where/how to access this, from within the program?

18. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Press dpad down and L button and select button at the same time then select screen filters

19. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    Well i love the girl who programs this, she Is awesome

EvilMakiPR, THEELEMENTKH and xalphax like this.