Hacking Gateway Downgrading

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I've said I had the system update nag after downgrading but I'm starting to suspect it was only the first time I booted up... Is there any way to test if I really have the update nag or not without actually sitting to download it, or should I just not question it and continue avoiding it?

mr_man_029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're very likely linked, if you're asking if I've connected with my NNID in the past before formatting emunand. I have a NAND backup for 9.2 before I downgraded too, and I'm also wondering if that could restore my NNID in the event formatting removes the NNID?

Thanks for the info. And restoring your NAND back to 9.2 to remove the update nag by formatting sounds like it should work. Good luck :)

Reactions: Margen67

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total NOOB question.... What is an MD5? I just know that I had my 3DS on 4.0 before...

MD5 is an algorythm that, when you check a file, it spits out a hash value associated with it. A lot of times, it's used by network security people to make sure they downloaded the correct file, and it hasn't been corrupted by malicious hackers or code. It's very hard, some consider it impossible, to modify the value to it's original MD5 state after a file has been tampered with.

In this situation, it seems more about making sure that you download the file in its entirety. If something should corrupt the download process, and you lose even a few bits of data, it could mean the difference between downgrading and bricking. Better safe than sorry.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway responmse.png

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh right just a stupid question but to be sure:
Has anyone used the same SD card for downgrading two consoles? Because of the Nintendo3DS metadata.
I don't know if that will fuck things up if one is japan and the other europe

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I know I've said I had the system update nag after downgrading but I'm starting to suspect it was only the first time I booted up... Is there any way to test if I really have the update nag or not without actually sitting to download it, or should I just not question it and continue avoiding it?

it will only show once every 24 hours, I believe.
You should format your 4.5 sysnand to get rid of it.

Reactions: Margen67

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Before downgrading I want to know something obvious that every other gw user knows: after running the profile exploit once on 4.5, do you still need to use the blue cart every time? I don't like fiddling with carts so if that's the case, I hope the qr exploit works well offline.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't believe what we're doing. We are fucking DOWNGRADING. Would anyone EVER believed we would do that one day?XD

And to think you were bitching all day every day til now. You see, good things happen to those who wait ;) I'm really excited about the bonus feature they've been teasing :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Cool, practise on a spare junk board or even just soldering some wires together first. And make...