If you read this, you are an idiot.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok some questions for my 9.2 3ds if I downgrade to 4.5

1. Will my downloaded eShop games and DSiWare be still there and still playable
2. Can I still play my Alpha Sapphire cartridge and will my save file on the card be still there

Reactions: Margen67

bendrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully downgraded my EUR Fire Emblem 3DSXL from 9.2 to 4.5 (Original firmware IIRC was 4.3/4.5)

I want to do away with the browser exploit because I dislike it. Can I do the DS Profile trick with the blue card files under the 3.01 release or should I revert the Gateway launcher back to 2.6/2.7?

If it hasn't been answered, the exploit installer for 4.x is still on the blue card so yes you can use it with the 3.1(3.0+3.0.1) files from the update.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok some questions for my 9.2 3ds if I downgrade to 4.5

1. Will my downloaded eShop games and DSiWare be still there and still playable
2. Can I still play my Alpha Sapphire cartridge and will my save file on the card be still there
Both yes, in EmuNAND. It will require a Gateway Red card if you don't have one.

I'm currently testing if it keeps your Streetpass info intact though.

If it hasn't been answered, the exploit installer for 4.x is still on the blue card so yes you can use it with the 3.1(3.0+3.0.1) files from the update.
I can confirm that the blue card exploit (and card itself) are both working on my 9.2U-downgraded-to-4.2.0-9U Zelda 3DSXL.

jereb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears that if you do not have your sysNAND and emuNAND linked when you downgrade that you cannot open up eShop on 9.4 emuNAND
Does this mean that if you haven't installed emuNAND before you downgrade, that you can't access the eshop period?

Sammt424

If you read this, you are an idiot.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both yes, in EmuNAND. It will require a Gateway Red card if you don't have one.

I'm currently testing if it keeps your Streetpass info intact though.

I can confirm that the blue card exploit (and card itself) are both working on my 9.2U-downgraded-to-4.2.0-9U Zelda 3DSXL.

I can use my Alpha Sapphire cartridge in emunand? I have the Gateway 3ds red card.

D

Deleted User

When downgrading is the flashcard whitelist replaced with the FWV4.5 one or keeps the FWV7 one?

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Restored my 4.2.0-9U SysNAND backup before I formatted. Seems like Streetpass data restored, but was corrupted and immediately deleted. I bet it would've worked on EmuNAND but heads up on that.

So, restoring SysNAND is probably safe and I'll restore it again to test if Streetpass is safe in EmuNAND.

You're probably safe to test that if you back up sysNAND before restoring, realize you made a mistake, then restore by holding Up when you select Downgrade on the Gateway menu.

However, I recall seeing someone say, earlier in this thread not even 5 pages ago, that that was the case.

Ok I got one question then:

• EUR downgrade file seems to contains an update file and the console will ask to apply it. You can format the SysNAND to delete the update nag, but you will lose your saves and eshops! it will also unlink your SysNAND to EmuNAND. -> If the SysNAND format unlinks SysNAND and EmuNAND and you don't want the update nag, so if you want to get rid of the update nag you'll lose the ability to go to the eshop?
Do I get that right? And the "fix" you suggest is to go back to 9.2, link emunand and sysnand there and then downgrade back to 4.5?
But then I'll have the update nag again. This seems not logical to me.
Can someone explain it? I think not every user that downgraded had emu and sysnand linked. It can't be that they're screwed now.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, Streetpass is completely intact on SysNAND 4.2.0-9U running EmuNAND 9.4. If you boot streetpass in SysNAND, it will immediately erase the file thinking it's corrupt.

And as Ray305 has said, you must boot in Gateway Classic Mode to play retail games. Alpha Sapphire save corrupted on Game Ver. 1.2 running EmuNAND GW 9.4U in
Gateway Classic mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fvb1OnyL7A&t=148s