Hacking Gateway Downgrading

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes and no. You can downgrade with the current exploit without the red card, but you can't install .cia unless you either have the red card or someone confirms CFW working on a downgraded console (and, as far as I can tell, the only current CFWs require the red card to install, anyway).

No the cfw recquire only a ds flashcart.

Reactions: Margen67

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
You can't access eshop on a 4.5 firmware, sysnand or emunand. You must be on the last firmware, so 9.4 emunand.

Oeps, i messed up i mean
- sysnand is in 4.5.x
- emunand 9.4.0.21x

Sorry :/

[EDIT]

Here's the correct version :P

So if i understand correct:

- Place needed files on root of 3DS SD
- Boot into Gateway mode and backup NAND
- After backup hit downgrade
- wait till it's done
- reboot and you are in sysnand 4.5.x
- Emunand schould still be 9.4.0.21x
- You need to enter your Nintendo login details again to be able to enter eshop in emunand ?

Something i forgot?

Reactions: blinkzane

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not true at all. I'm willing to give a 99.99% guarantee that upgrading firmware is safe. It's the initial downgrade you have to worry about unless you have a NAND mod. I'm sure there will be a time when Gateway declares that the downgrade is safe for everybody, once they've done more testing and tweaking.
Sorry, I misunderstood that you were referring to upgrading. While there is a very small chance that they changed update servers on the downgrade, I agree there's a significantly high chance that isn't the case.

You don't need the hardmod.
I just want a hardmod before messing with upgrade/downgrades.

But a lot of users here used Gateway NAND writer/downgrader without having a hardmod.
There's even 1 user with a bricked console now (Boblox).
Understood, hopefully you can get an answer soon.

No the cfw recquire only a ds flashcart.
To my knowledge, Palentine and NTRCFW both require Gateway to format EmuNAND for the first time.
EDIT: I'm dumb.

PLEYOR

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be advisable to set up emunand before downgrading?

I'm thinking of just backing up my nand and downgrading when I get home on Monday.

Also I take it a system format will remove all of the eshop games on my sysnand once I have downgraded?

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oeps, i messed up i mean
- sysnand is in 4.5.x
- emunand 9.4.0.21x

Sorry :/

[EDIT]

Here's the correct version :P

So if i understand correct:

- Place needed files on root of 3DS SD
- Boot into Gateway mode and backup NAND
- After backup hit downgrade
- wait till it's done
- reboot and you are in sysnand 4.5.x
- Emunand schould still be 9.4.0.21x
- You need to enter your Nintendo login details again to be able to enter eshop in emunand ?

Something i forgot?

Can u let us know how it goes because some ppl report they cannot enter eshop after downgrading

mr_man_029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is simply wrong. if you are below 4.5, you can use DSTWO as your blue card exploit. Source = Me, my downgraded 4.5 3DS XL and my DSTWO card.

Do you know if I can load up the files necessary to run the DS profile exploit onto the existing microSD card in my DSTWO? I do not have an extra microSD.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can u let us know how it goes because some ppl report they cannot enter eshop after downgrading
I can enter eShop just fine on 9.4 EmuNAND after downgrading from 9.2U to 4.2.0-9U. My NNID/Downloads/Money are in-tact, but I'm getting a system update nag. I could format, but I'd likely be risking losing my NNID. (unless it's possible to somehow recover that?)

You can do that with the launcher.dat only, no red card needed.
My bad, well now I'm excited to see what happens!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM