Gateway blue card error after 4.5 downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mikeyabee, Jan 11, 2015.

1. mikeyabee
    OP

mikeyabee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2014
    Did a search and couldn't find anything on this,

I have downgraded my EU 3ds XL and have emunand working fine. My problem is trying to install the blue card offline exploit. I have tried multiple micro sd cards formatted to FAT32. I have copied i all the files inside the Blue Card (R4i) folder but when i launch the card in sysnand 4.5 the screen goes blank and then i get an error telling me to power down. Can anyone help me with this.

thanks in advance!

2. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    happened to me a few times. But eventually I got the browser exploit to work again (entered emunand), then I went back to sysnand and the profile exploit worked too

3. mikeyabee
    OP

mikeyabee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2014
    Trouble is I cannot install the offline exploit not that i cannot get it to run once it is installed

4. Brave_Luigi

Brave_Luigi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    Poland
    If you have any, try other flashcard for NDS.

5. Arkansaw

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago

make sure the online exploit is still working and gets you into emurand etc, and keep trying. Otherwise I have no idea why you could not even start the blue card installer

6. mikeyabee
    OP

mikeyabee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2014
    Thanks for all the replies, yep online exploit still works fine and i have a working fully updated emurand. I think I'm gonna have to wait for my son to get home late tonight as he has an R4 card on him. Thanks once again to all those who took time out to reply.

7. Arkansaw

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    If you are feeling brave, you can restore the backup nand and attempt a second downgrade and see if it makes any difference

8. mikeyabee
    OP

mikeyabee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2014
    Hmmm, dunno I had a twitchy arse the first time i did it, I'm sure i would have absolute spasms the second time

9. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Try testing the blue card (that's actually a R4i) in another outdated 3DS or a DSi console, the R4i will use the same method on those consoles.
    If you have a Nintendo DS phat or lite, and the R4i doesn't boot properly on them, the problem is bigger than expected.

10. mikeyabee
    OP

mikeyabee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2014
    Tried in a lite and works ok, I have just re-installed my 9.2 nand and now going to try down grading again.

11. LinkFan16

LinkFan16 I link them all

Mar 15, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I had problems using the blue card to install the exploit after downgrading from 9.2 to 4.5 as well. Then I used Panasonic SD Formatter to format the micro SD Card that goes inside the blue card (remember to backup the data from the micro SD Card before you try this!) and tried again. Worked on the first try.

12. mikeyabee
    OP

mikeyabee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2014
    Good to know, will keep hammering away then, thanks for the heads up on the formatter.

13. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    My downgrade (5.1.0 factory, upgraded to 9.2.0 then using GW to 4.2.0) went just fine, I installed the exploit using my DSTWO not the blue card. Since the downgrade goes in a couple of stages, would it be possible some parts of higher firmware (that do not relate to the GW) are still left behind?

14. mikeyabee
    OP

mikeyabee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2014
    could be, downgraded twice and brought a new microSD, tried the formatter but still no joy :(

15. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    Try another ds flashcard

16. mikeyabee
    OP

mikeyabee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2014
    Son came home and I was able to install the offline exploit with his R4i in the end, thanks to all that took the time out to reply.