Hacking Gateway and Luma Questions

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I don't think so. It is a yellow triangle with a "!".
So FBI isn't installed & your 3ds is updated to the latest version dude what have you done wrong? Does your 3ds boots without sd card?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you installed FBI WITH BANNER version or not? If you did'nt installed FBI with banner one then you should try to open the health & safety the fbi might work.

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, the 3DS doesn't boot without sd card. I just followed the guide above. I think the issue was deleting the "firmware.bin" after the updateing process?

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
No, the 3DS doesn't boot without sd card. I just followed the guide above. I think the issue was deleting the "firmware.bin" after the updateing process?
Dude does your 3ds boot perfectly? So now it doesn't gives the error you told above?

If your 3ds boots then just open the health & safety. You did'nt installed FBI with banner one I guess. Open up the health & safety FBI should load now.

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The 3DS only occurs after the deleting the "firmware.bin" in the /luma/ folder. If I redownload that file and put it there, the 3DS boots. But in the tutorial it is mentioned to delete the "firmware.bin" after updateing the firmware:
7. If you started Part 1 with a NAND between 4.0.0 and 4.5.0, make sure you have copied the following firmware.bin file to /luma/
[...]
10. Update your 3DS by going to System Settings, then "Other Settings", then going all the way to the right and using "System Update"
  • Yes this is safe, stop asking about it.
  • If you copied a firmware.bin to /luma/ earlier, delete it after updating or you won't be able to boot
If I want to open "health & safety", healt and safety will appear. Maybe I should just do Section 5 again?

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
The 3DS only occurs after the deleting the "firmware.bin" in the /luma/ folder. If I redownload that file and put it there, the 3DS boots. But in the tutorial it is mentioned to delete the "firmware.bin" after updateing the firmware:

If I want to open "health & safety", healt and safety will appear. Maybe I should just do Section 5 again?
So the health & safety won't open? If not then try to do the section 5 again.

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm this doesn't work :(. If I repeat the steps of section 5 (without deleting the "firmware.bin"), the health & safety app is not the FBI app.

Can you bott into Luma3DS config, if you hold SELECT a boot?
Then it wil be a config or luma 3ds error
Yes, no problem.

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If nobody has an idea why it doesn't work, I should go back to a safe point and repeat. Because the 3DS is nice to look at, at the moment, but it is not very useful :D
Does anyone has an idea at what point it would be safe to repeat the tutorial or how I could use my backup NAND to start over?
If have these backups:
8.xxxx before the downgrade with gateway
4.5.0.0 downgraded with gateway (made with gateway)
and the backups of the tutorial.

Thanks in advance.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
If nobody has an idea why it doesn't work, I should go back to a safe point and repeat. Because the 3DS is nice to look at, at the moment, but it is not very useful :D
Does anyone has an idea at what point it would be safe to repeat the tutorial or how I could use my backup NAND to start over?
If have these backups:
8.xxxx before the downgrade with gateway
4.5.0.0 downgraded with gateway (made with gateway)
and the backups of the tutorial.

Thanks in advance.
Use the old luma guide. I used it. It had no prob with me. I know its long but it worked fine. The new guide is short but comes with risk. So try luma original guide.

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, but how could I restore my device to the old state? Simply flash an old sysNAND.bin via Hourglas9 (booted while holding "start")?
Are there any things I have to take care off because of doing it twice (flashing/recovering otb.bin again, etc).

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Ok, but how could I restore my device to the old state? Simply flash an old sysNAND.bin via Hourglas9 (booted while holding "start")?
Are there any things I have to take care off because of doing it twice (flashing/recovering otb.bin again, etc).
Hmmmmm I don't know. I never had restored my old nand before. I guess you should use decript9WIP.

Go to decript9wip. Then go to Sysnand options. Then go to sysnand backup & restore. Then go to nand restore & remember to put the original 4.5 nand on your sd.

Last edited by Onepunchbruh,

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How do I launch decrypt9WIP? Should I try the browser hack, like I did before (but with low firmware)?

I never had a 9.2 Version.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
How do I launch decrypt9WIP? Should I try the browser hack, like I did before (but with low firmware)?

I never had a 9.2 Version.
Download this: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
Extract the decrypt9wip
Copy the decrypt9wip.bin on your 3ds Sd/Luma/Payloads
Rename the decrypt9wip.bin to left_decrypt9wip.bin
Reinsert your sd to your 3ds
hold left key and power key decrypt9wip will load
Then do as I told up copy the original 4.5 firmware into your sd card. Open decrypt9wip by holding power & left button at the same time.
Go to sysnand options. Then go to sysnand backup & restore. Then go to nand restore & restore thee 4.5 nand.

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your instructions!
The second attempt was the same - it does not boot without "firmware.bin" and the FBI injection to health & safety app does not work.
What do you think, should I try the original 8.xxxx firmware?

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, the thing with not booting without is clear. In the Luma3DS FAQ, this error ("I get an "unsupported FIRM" error on boot with an Old 3DS which has been downgraded from the Gateway menu in the past") it is described, that you have to clear the nand, with some files. But for this you need the FBI app working. And I have no idea, why the health and save app is not correctly injected.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So, the thing with not booting without is clear. In the Luma3DS FAQ, this error ("I get an "unsupported FIRM" error on boot with an Old 3DS which has been downgraded from the Gateway menu in the past") it is described, that you have to clear the nand, with some files. But for this you need the FBI app working. And I have no idea, why the health and save app is not correctly injected.
Did you try the thing I told you up there?

I have an idea if you can run decrypt9 as I told. Then I will tell you the thing I have in mind.

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I couldn't because I don't have any CIA installer. This is the reason, the FBI injection is crictical.
Decrypt9 and restoring 4.5.0 (Gateway downgraded) NAND do work, as you described!

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I couldn't because I don't have any CIA installer. This is the reason, the FBI injection is crictical.
Decrypt9 and restoring 4.5.0 (Gateway downgraded) NAND do work, as you described!
Please do this.
Download this: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
Extract the decrypt9wip
Copy the decrypt9wip.bin on your 3ds Sd/Luma/Payloads
Rename the decrypt9wip.bin to left_decrypt9wip.bin
Reinsert your sd to your 3ds
hold left key and power key decrypt9wip will load

Once you done the thing. I will tell you something I have in mind.

I want to check if luma payload thing works on your 3ds. if it does I will tell you how to install fbi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol