Hacking Gateway and Luma Questions

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The restore of the 4.5.0 NAND worked with decrypt9. So I guess, yes! I don't see anything that might not work.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
The restore of the 4.5.0 NAND worked with decrypt9. So I guess, yes! I don't see anything that might not work.
So your on normal 4.5 firmware? or you're still on luma? Dude you're confusing me tell me what you have on your 3ds. Provide Firmware version & cfw info.

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, I don't want to confuse you:
You told me to go back to 4.5.0 and I did it (with the decrypt9wip loaded inside /luma/payloads/ via left-button and then restoring the old 4.5.0 NAND Backup).
After that, I did the Plailect tutorial again, because I could have made a mistake for the first time. But the result was the same as in the first try: I could not load/inject the fbi version of hss.
So I'am currently at part 3 at section 5 (here the link https://github.com/plailect/guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)#section-v---injecting-fbi).
I hope it is now clear, otherwise feel free to ask more questions.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
You told me to go back to 4.5.0 and I did it (with the decrypt9wip loaded inside /luma/payloads/ via left-button and then restoring the old 4.5.0 NAND Backup).
After that, I did the Plailect tutorial again, because I could have made a mistake for the first time. But the result was the same as in the first try: I could not load/inject the fbi version of hss.
So I'am currently at part 3 at section 5 (here the link https://github.com/plailect/guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)#section-v---injecting-fbi).
You did'nt used old guide? & tell me do you want to launch gateway? you can do a thing you have gateway. So you can do that.

Ok Download this file: https://filetrip.net/dl?RIfKJ4xCQS
Extract the folder copy up_v2gw.bin to Sd/Luma/Payloads & copy Launcher.dat to the root of your sd card.
Now reinsert your sd card hold up & power button to boot gateway mode you don't need to creat emunand just boot red card gateway mode.

Download bigbluemenu .3ds version from the google & FBI .cia version.
Copy Bigbluemenu.3ds on your red gateway card.
& FBI .cia on your big sd card.
Launch gateway mode & open gateway menu & select Bigbluemenu.
Load bigbluemenu find the FBI.cia from your sd card & install it.
Now you can use FBI on gateway as well as on your luma sysnand.

Reactions: neo_02

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, I used the online available current guide. I didn't found the old version.
Yes I want to use Gateway afterwards. So I can decide before booting of I want to use the gatewaymode or the luma3ds mode.
Ok, then I try your instruction.

HunterMK8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can still only boot with the 4.5 firmware.bin, right?
this likely means that you are somehow on a frankenfirmware, as the firmware.bin is only required when your NAND is on such version (in your case, 4.5).
you can either use FBI.3dsx from the Homebrew Launcher, launched through what i can assume is your 11.0 browser using browserhax (dont worry about not getting ARM9 access, since we have that already with A9LH) and delete the files left over, or go back to the 8.x backup before Gateway, by booting into Decrypt9, selecting SysNAND backup/restore, and selecting NAND Restore (keep a9lh). this will restore your 8.x NAND, but leave the FIRM0/1 protected to keep a9lh

Reactions: neo_02

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
No, I used the online available current guide. I didn't found the old version.
Yes I want to use Gateway afterwards. So I can decide before booting of I want to use the gatewaymode or the luma3ds mode.
Ok, then I try your instruction.
What you'll install in gateway mode will also work on luma. Because its not emunand anymore gateway will also boot on sysmode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just do the things I told up.

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You did'nt used old guide? & tell me do you want to launch gateway? you can do a thing you have gateway. So you can do that.

Ok Download this file: https://filetrip.net/dl?RIfKJ4xCQS
Extract the folder copy up_v2gw.bin to Sd/Luma/Payloads & copy Launcher.dat to the root of your sd card.
Now reinsert your sd card hold up & power button to boot gateway mode you don't need to creat emunand just boot red card gateway mode.

Download bigbluemenu .3ds version from the google & FBI .cia version.
Copy Bigbluemenu.3ds on your red gateway card.
& FBI .cia on your big sd card.
Launch gateway mode & open gateway menu & select Bigbluemenu.
Load bigbluemenu find the FBI.cia from your sd card & install it.
Now you can use FBI on gateway as well as on your luma sysnand.

The gateway mode will not boot. Things I have done:
Put the Launcher.dat (from your link) to root of SD
Put up_v2gw.bin to /luma/payloads/
Put FBI.cia to /cias/
Put BigBlueMenu.3ds to / of red gateway
Pressed up and then power. The blue light of 3DS glows for a short time and the 3DS switches off after that.

you can still only boot with the 4.5 firmware.bin, right?
this likely means that you are somehow on a frankenfirmware, as the firmware.bin is only required when your NAND is on such version (in your case, 4.5).
you can either use FBI.3dsx from the Homebrew Launcher, launched through what i can assume is your 11.0 browser using browserhax (dont worry about not getting ARM9 access, since we have that already with A9LH) and delete the files left over, or go back to the 8.x backup before Gateway, by booting into Decrypt9, selecting SysNAND backup/restore, and selecting NAND Restore (keep a9lh). this will restore your 8.x NAND, but leave the FIRM0/1 protected to keep a9lh
I can't run the FBI.3dsx, because it gives me the following error: "Failed to acquire kernel access. Press any button to exit." So it will close itself everytime.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
The gateway mode will not boot. Things I have done:
Put the Launcher.dat (from your link) to root of SD
Put up_v2gw.bin to /luma/payloads/
Put FBI.cia to /cias/
Put BigBlueMenu.3ds to / of red gateway
Pressed up and then power. The blue light of 3DS glows for a short time and the 3DS switches off after that.

I can't run the FBI.3dsx, because it gives me the following error: "Failed to acquire kernel access. Press any button to exit." So it will close itself everytime.
Now your only option is to restore the nand again to 4.5 & update to 9.2 using this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-upgrade-your-old3ds-from-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20.389187/.

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I have downloaded at the gateways website the 4.1beta Launcher.dat (extract to root of SD), the "arm9loaderhax.bin.zip" which i copied (after extraction) to /luma/payloads/ and renamed to "gateway.bin".
Then I used the Gateway-arm9loaderhax-v2-Bootloader. Copied also to /luma/payloads and renamed it to "down_v2gw.bin".
Now the Gateway loads, but it wants to boot to GW FASTBOOT: SYSNAND. Is this correct?
EDIT: Seems okay. It works as expected.

Last edited by neo_02,

neo_02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, with the red card I was able to install FBI.cia and with that I could clear the waste of the Gateway Downgrade! Thank you all very very much, especially Haider Raza!

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to access GW Menu by holding down L during boot with the a9lh_v2 + luma + gateway.bin + <button>_v2gw.bin ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CameronCataclysm @ CameronCataclysm: Why no blog posts about Nitendont going after Garry's Mod repos that have been up for a decade or 2?