I'm sure everyone is this section has read the recent announcement about the Gateway 3DS. If not, here. But, after reading it, I think I've come across the same problem as a few (very few) people, namely, I am right in the middle of the two updates they mentioned. Now, with a normal flashcart, this would not be an issue, just wait for the 6 release to come out and enjoy the fruits of backwards compatibility. The Gateway is different though. It modifies the firmware, which is heavily dependent on the version thereof. As such the 6 version might not be compatible with the 5.1 firmware. In fact, it very likely won't be. On the other end, 6.1 release just came out, so I can't update to 6 and wait with complete certainty that the 6 release will work when it is released. So, I need advice from the hopefully helpful people of the forums. Should I remain at 5.1, hoping that the 4.5 or 6 releases are compatible, or should I update to 6.1 and hope that it works with the 6 version?