Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember bullies back in the day? Bullying was considered getting your ass kicked or pushing a coin with your nose through piss on the floor. Now it's just words...

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will psychologically traumatize me.
Regardless of that, I'm within every one of these rules.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My F5 key has the paint worn off it for some reason...
I keep coming back to this image. It's basically everyone in this forum.
0cmW6op.jpg

Reactions: memomo

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably shouldn't be so negative. Seems like the right thing to do though. I did just send a request to cancel 2 gw carts. If more people did it, we would have had an update a lot sooner. Entitlement implies a handout or that we expect a free update. I bought three cards based on a promise. Holding them to it is the only thing to do at this point.
Yes a buggy release that doesn't work at all. Programming this shit takes time, and the release date will not be cut to half if they add twice the man power to do it. Maybe add 20 more people to cut 25% time...
They want to release this more than you want to buy it, since they are losing sale to sky3ds

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fine, I'll jump in this game too. I work in software development and am involved in one of the biggest projects for the company and we had a deadline, but despite how hard we tried and how late we worked it got pushed back a month, and even now we are pushing it to get it done in time. This was all because one unforeseen issue cropped up after another. A task that should have been completed in a couple of days took three weeks due to something completely unrelated to what we were working on. And to be honest, the stuff I'm working doesn't have the potential to BRICK DEVICES.

bendrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes a buggy release that doesn't work at all. Programming this shit takes time, and the release date will not be cut to half if they add twice the man power to do it. Maybe add 20 more people to cut 25% time...
They want to release this more than you want to buy it, since they are losing sale to sky3ds

I'd be surprised if there were more than three people working on this update. If they release what they have I'll bet someone here could finish it by tomorrow.

Reactions: Thomas12345

Chase_Derick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hah, I just thought of a great idea for a countdown clock. It should do this.

1. Start an eleven hour timer at 6:00 A.M EST (11:00 GMT).
Possibly adding some text that say "Gateway should be released within:" or something along those lines.

2. As soon as the timer runs out, change the text to "Gateway should be released tomorrow."

3. Loop back to one.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Am I wrong if I calculate way more than 100k gateways sold? I would say that they might be reaching a million usd in profit... at least not discounting the money going to resellers.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Am I wrong if I calculate way more than 100k gateways sold? I would say that they might be reaching a million usd in profit... at least not discounting the money going to resellers.

Mmmmm.... Did gateway sold their cards to sellers or did they ship them and then they sold the cards and dispatche money ?

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, I just thought of a great idea for a countdown clock. It should do this.

1. Start an eleven hour timer at 6:00 A.M EST (11:00 GMT).
Possibly adding some text that say "Gateway should be released within:" or something along those lines.

2. As soon as the timer runs out, change the text to "Gateway should be released tomorrow."

3. Loop back to one.
Check my website xD

Chase_Derick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fine, I'll jump in this game too. I work in software development and am involved in one of the biggest projects for the company and we had a deadline, but despite how hard we tried and how late we worked it got pushed back a month, and even now we are pushing it to get it done in time. This was all because one unforeseen issue cropped up after another. A task that should have been completed in a couple of days took three weeks due to something completely unrelated to what we were working on. And to be honest, the stuff I'm working doesn't have the potential to BRICK DEVICES.

Fair enough, but you have to agree that you wouldn't say to your boss that your working on your software and that it should be done soon, Several Times without getting into some trouble. I would have a finished product, and then start worrying about release dates is what I'm trying to say here.

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
People posting how they know deadlines can be missed because they have worked in IT are really very helpful.

I was starting to suspect something fishy, but now that people who work in IT have said it might not be fishy I feel much better.

Thank you people who work in IT.

Reactions: phn

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You guys should crack on with the 4.5 Gateway free cfw.

Get it up to scratch of the current Gateway release, then once they finally do release, you can just adapt it to their new exploit and free us from Gateway.

Shouldn't take you lot more than a few days to finish up.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
They need to accept that such things are not set in stone. Delays happen. Those messages are not promises, they are projections/predictions.

Software vendors can project release dates all they like, but things do happen and those dates get pushed back. Anyone who deals in the software business understands that.

Any time a customer makes a purchase based on pending information like that, they are taking the risk into their own hands.

Bottom line: if you want to be safe, only buy a product based on its CURRENT capabilities, not PREDICTED capabilities. I have no sympathy for anyone complaining because they didn't follow the most basic rule of caveat emptor.

You are wasting your time explaining that, as they will not listen due to many reasons, as i tried explaining it in similar ways but it always fell on deaf ears. I completly agree, as the same applies for example, when buying a PC upgrade, etc.

Just idiots at the end of the day with no common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1