Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Guys, there's no need to argue about piracy. However, if you do have the money and earn a decent living, you should try to support the industry by buying the games. I've got a gateway so i can carry many games in one card and the region free feature. Also, the lack demos is another reason why one would pirate a game.

You are right. I just recently picked up a 4.5 the other day actually running on 2.7 and have a 8.1 JP New 3DS, which I'm hoping to use the region free option when GW release it for 9.2 and below, and to carry multiple games at one time whilst away from home is cool.

However, I can easily obtain originals any time I want and have quite a few already in my collection along with 500+ originals for other systems I have, because I'm a collector of all consoles.

The hype and the behavior surrounding this update is way out of hand right now and the guilty ones need a reality check, as it is not the end of the world with this delay. Go play other systems, etc, yet children will be children.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For example, people in Brazil get ripped off. The prices for gaming consoles are ridiculous and their economy isn't great. Wages are bad. Many there do pirate the games. Games there would have had very little exposure.

I have said that if you can afford it, you should not pirate the game. If you can afford the console, most of the time it means you can afford the game.

I've seen some of the prices in Brazil. They're pretty much insane. I believe it's also the same case in India for a lot of things, as well as Australia because the government seems to hate gaming at the moment.

Reactions: Bei

Bei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you cant afford it, just dont get it. dont pirate it either. if you want it that much, save up for it

that's easy for you to say since you live in a country with a stable economy and good wages. People in less fortunate countries have a myriad of problems that will prevent them from gaming, often to do with money.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how. If someone wasn't going to buy any games in the first place, then there are no lost sales.
Correct. If we're just looking at the issue objectively, then piracy is always going to exist from here on out. But instead of looking at it as lost software sales (which is ridiculous), companies can just as easily view it as gained hardware sales. Some people will not buy your console/hardware unless piracy is an option for its software.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't see how. If someone wasn't going to buy any games in the first place, then there are no lost sales.

if someone buys a console, they want to play games on it. if you cant afford it, dont even start buying it. i dont go around saying "yeah i dont want to pay for those bananas anyway so i just take them"... thats not how this works

Reactions: VinsCool

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Correct. If we're just looking at the issue objectively, then piracy is always going to exist from here on out. But instead of looking at it as lost software sales (which is ridiculous), companies can just as easily view it as gained hardware sales. Some people will not buy your console/hardware unless piracy is an option for its software.
Can't lose sales for something that doesn't sell.. Wait isn't that what it means? I do agree though... The more your hardware sells, the more money you gain. The devs don't see much of that though. While, I openly admit I pirate, I do own 95% of my games.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that's easy for you to say since you live in a country with a stable economy and good wages. People in less fortunate countries have a myriad of problems that will prevent them from gaming, often to do with money.

games are entertainment. cant afford it? dont get it or save up for it, simple as that

Reactions: VinsCool

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
if someone buys a console, they want to play games on it. if you cant afford it, dont even start buying it. i dont go around saying "yeah i dont want to pay for those bananas anyway so i just take them"... thats not how this works
Wow... Piracy and stealing.. Two different concepts.. Your arguments from here on out hold no credibility. Enjoy.

Reactions: medoli900 and 2Hack

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You're correct, that's not how it works. I'd be taking as many damn bananas as I want if I had a machine that could magically replicate them, however. That would solve many of the world's problems, for that matter.

Reactions: medoli900 and Zeffy

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
*ahem* Okay, since subtlety isn't a strong characteristic here, how about this:
Let's quit fucking judging people in this thread.
I would prefer to designate the forum itself as a no-judgement area but I know that's a fucking futile wish.
So here, right here, we don't have this conversation.
Fine, fine. Delete my posts? I sorry. :(

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

most companies lose money on their console sales. so if people dont even want to buy games for them, they just lose money

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
most companies lose money on their console sales. so if people dont even want to buy games for them, they just lose money
One can hardly blame the customer for the unintelligent business dealings of the company they're buying from.

Nintendo, however, has pretty much always made money on each console sold.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
*ahem* Okay, since subtlety isn't a strong characteristic here, how about this:
Let's quit fucking judging people in this thread.
I would prefer to designate the forum itself as a no-judgement area but I know that's a fucking futile wish.
So here, right here, we don't have this conversation.
This is your chance! Delete all the piracy posts as punishment for having you miss out on pg 1000.

Seriously though, Bortz is probably going to do it anyways later. He always does. Anything to do with piracy goes boom boom.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lets be real, 90% of us are here for pirating, including me. And most of the people saying they're going to buy the games afterwards, are lying.
I am a longtime owner of Gateway. Still bought games after owning one. Bravely default (even finished it on GW but I still bought it), Smash, pokemon. And I cannot wait to buy MH4U when it releases here. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1