Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How i felt after hearing 10 games livetime limit for Sky 3DS: Beeing greedy will strike back. Maybe they will lift it with an update now ;)

And how do you expect to update your Sky3DS? Sorry, I still think the thing is a 1:1 clone; it's why they use a physical button to switch ROM's and why it works on all firmwares to date amongst other things (e.g. no region free or homebrew). They probably just finished what Crown 3DS could not. If this is true not only can you not update the current cart but if/when Nintendo finds a way to detect that cart it will be blocked and you will have no hope of updating it in the future to work again w/o another device.

It's nice that the Sky3DS is plug and play, but given what GW has just shown and its limits it's pretty much an albatross now... Unless its 1:1 cloning is so perfect that The N can never stop it.

It's ten game limit and templates may actually be for a damn good reason, ya know?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question: Is it possible to update to 9.2.0 besides WIFI? I'm thinking about ordering a New 3ds XL AUS and worried that by the time I recieve it Nintendo will have released another update and I won't be able to update to required version for Gateway.

Reactions: bobtheglob101

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
if it was the case they sure would've shown that in the video
Well, even entertaining that it might work, I'm sure it's something they would have to work on post release. I'm doubting that even if it would work, that it would be top priority prior to release. They're more focused on retaining functionality that was introduced on the 4.5 level first.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
if it was the case they sure would've shown that in the video

By your logic, GW's new 9.2 update will only work on a blue japanese new 3ds xl. All other colours will not work, it won't work on 2ds or 3dsxl of any colour because if it did, they sure would have shown that in the video

LastLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Gateway is region free, can i local play my imported NEW 3DS AUS with my friends here in the US ?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have a question: Is it possible to update to 9.2.0 besides WIFI? I'm thinking about ordering a New 3ds XL AUS and worried that by the time I recieve it Nintendo will have released another update and I won't be able to update to required version for Gateway.

It comes out of the box with 9.x which is what they say is needed

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how do you expect to update your Sky3DS?

I don't own one.

Q: What's that mean - "ten 3DS games maximum per SKY3DS card"?
A: You can choose to copy any 10 games into your microSD card at the first time, Sky3DS will "remember" them and you can only play those 10 games no matter if you change the microSD card or not

Hidden Feature if a certain file is on the microSD to reset Sky 3DS Memory would be enough ;)

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how do you expect to update your Sky3DS? Sorry, I still think the thing is a 1:1 clone; it's why they use a physical button to switch ROM's and why it works on all firmwares to date amongst other things (e.g. no region free or homebrew). They probably just finished what Crown 3DS could not. If this is true not only can you not update the current cart but if/when Nintendo finds a way to detect that cart it will be blocked and you will have no hope of updating it in the future to work again w/o another device.

It's nice that the Sky3DS is plug and play, but given what GW has just shown and its limits it's pretty much an albatross now... Unless its 1:1 cloning is so perfect that The N can never stop it.

It's ten game limit may actually be for a damn good reason, ya know?
Yes, to force people to buy more carts.

Reactions: Margen67

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
I am considering to buy a gateway card but do we need a 3DS with firmware 4.x to update the gateway in order for it to support the latest firmware?

Pitalacta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am considering to buy a gateway card but do we need a 3DS with firmware 4.x to update the gateway in order for it to support the latest firmware?
No
SpW9uDq.png

Also, Great Sword best weapon

Reactions: Margen67

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Just got a payment denied email from modchipsDirect. Exactly the same as what Mchief298 got. Would recommend for now that people stay away from them.

Sad day. :( I'll post updates as they come with WCRepairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh