Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richyawy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys you saw that mail on the DSTWO thread? Now I predict release tomorrow.XDDD
Seriously if everything that states is true, they gotta release it ASAP because this time it sounds like some serious competition.

I don't think we need to worry about it not being real:

GaryOPA told me he got it as well and he is confident it is legitimate

walyrodriguez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This takes me back one year ago, when everyone was waiting for multirom. Those we all thought it would be released "in the early days of the year", i.e. january. It was finally released in late march. But there are two reasons, why it will be faster this time

1. Gateway was dealing with the bricking fiasko at the end of january and during february. This most likely slowed down the process, especially because they had to come up with a bricking code that is 100% safe for genuine users
2. The e-mails of gateway those were always claiming the release is soon. This time they actually setting themselves deadlines (which they don't hold, but it means they are close)

So whats the reason for the delay this time? If the claims in the leak thread explaining the new exploit are true, it might be a huge problem if the download of the rop-chain is incomplete (might result in bricked consoles). They are probably trying to find a way to make this process more secure. Also they might still be looking for a good server to host it.

That makes sense for me

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Great, more speculation. This just goes round and round until people eventually get tired, and then we all die waiting for Gateway. :P

frecton

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently a lot of people are speculating a march release, if this is the case, I can easily sell my gateway to a friend who has a 3ds on 4.5 and I would buy myself a Sky3ds, or maybe even dstwo if that comes out

Odven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone hoping for tomorrow? How realistic do you feel it is?

I've got my money on the the Tuesday release. I've read (almost) every email, and post on this thread. It seems like the video that was posted back in November had the same exact features from the private beta info that was recently released. This proves the exploit has been functional since Nov, but only for 9.2 FW. Since the beta was released around new years, they obviously completed the exploit for all firmwares below 9.2 at the time of Christmas(justifying the so-called Christmas new years release delay) . Personally I think the whole payload and WiFi connection requirement was the hurdle that delayed the release so far. We should keep in mind that although setting up servers isn't necessarily a time consuming task, they were, and are still being attacked by outside sources (other flashcart competition supposedly). The payload process must be made secure as possible to prevent a mass brick from an unexpected server take down.

Regarding release dates, the numerous emails received indicate that the release must be Tuesday (EST), judging from how they slowly became more and more specific to the deadline of Wednesday/Tuesday night. Let's keep in mind that the 18 of Jan email is outdated, so it's unlikely to stretch that far. What do you guys think?

Reactions: Korma and 2Hack

richyawy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got my money on the the Tuesday release. I've read (almost) every email, and post on this thread. It seems like the video that was posted back in November had the same exact features from the private beta info that was recently released. This proves the exploit has been functional since Nov, but only for 9.2 FW. Since the beta was released around new years, they obviously completed the exploit for all firmwares below 9.2 at the time of Christmas(justifying the so-called Christmas new years release delay) . Personally I think the whole payload and WiFi connection requirement was the hurdle that delayed the release so far. We should keep in mind that although setting up servers isn't necessarily a time consuming task, they were, and are still being attacked by outside sources (other flashcart competition supposedly). The payload process must be made secure as possible to prevent a mass brick from an unexpected server take down.

Regarding release dates, the numerous emails received indicate that the release must be Tuesday (EST), judging from how they slowly became more and more specific to the deadline of Wednesday/Tuesday nighf. Let's keep in mind that the 18 of Jan email is outdated, so it's unlikely to stretch that far. What do you guys think?

I agree. This is what I think:

Posting this for the new page. Anyone agree?

Hi all.

New here, just got something to point out. I've been looking through http://imgur.com/a/RWhcH#15 at all the emails so far received from Gateway regarding the update. Two responses stuck out immediately. The first is the "by the end of the week" response many were receiving on Jan 1st. People assumed this would mean by the end of Friday/Sat/Sun. Obviously not. Therefore, the only remaining outcome is they meant the end of that 7 day period - which would be Wednesday 7th.

Now, the next copy-pasted response Gateway issued to many people was on the 3rd Jan in which they stated "within 2-3 days". The 3rd day would bring it to Tuesday 6th.

Now, Tuesday 6th would be before the 8th Jan (they stated it would be released by this date in an email).

Think about it.

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country

Regarding release dates, the numerous emails received indicate that the release must be Tuesday (EST), judging from how they slowly became more and more specific to the deadline of Wednesday/Tuesday night. Let's keep in mind that the 18 of Jan email is outdated, so it's unlikely to stretch that far. What do you guys think?
I want to believe.

bendrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. This is what I think:

There plenty of free hosts that will handle the downloads. There is no requirement for them to host it. It's nice and makes you look cool but it shouldn't delay a release. It has to be competition and or clones that's driving the delay.

Now I'll be checking back the 6th through the 8th after seeing that email.

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember seeing an email where the gateway rep smugly replied they were not losing anybody due to this wait. That in itself is bullshit, now they will learn the hard what happens when a brand with a great reputation comes to play. Hell ive never owned a dstwo but I know the name is associated with quality, Id happily wait for that card to release if gateway doesn't get their shit together ASAP.

If the dstwo+ getting ready to debut doesn't light a fire under gateways ass, nothing will.

Reactions: Ra1d

Food

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...