Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisluna413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Precisely my point.

They are very different things, but people tend to think they are the same/similar. Hence they think that IR is dangerous, like UV.

Edit: Sorry, double post. Firefox chucked a wobbly.

Why the hell is the spectrum of light being discussed in a 3DS/Gateway post??

no, eshop games dont have headers, and you can use one header from one game on any/all games if you edit it properly (look in the tutorials section, there is a guide and tool there to do it for you)

What exactly is the difference between .3DZ and .3DS?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
They never said christmas, that was just an assumption.

But they did say 'around the corner, a few days, and soon' about 6 days ago. I think those terms are perfectly fine in the context they used them.

they said that they were aiming for christmas release in many mails...

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well the main site was pretty clear, they were close but not sure when. Since people can't deal with it they had to reply "soon, near, around xmas, around new year" based on how long is taking....

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
They said they were aiming for a Christmas release but then the server hacks pushed them back by a few days.

You don't know that... for all we could know they have seperate teams responsible with different tasks. I don't think that the developpers themselves also deal with web servers...

Believ3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I had a few .3dz files but renamed them to .3ds prior to knowing the different features each extension contains, will the rom still work or..

Gaulem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of questions, bear with me.
1) If you have a region-free .3ds, does it automatically become a region free .cia when you convert?
2) Is there a way to make any .cia region-free?
3) Is there an advantage to trimming roms before converting them to .cias?
4) If you want all of your games in .cia format, do you no longer need the red GW card to boot them up once they've been installed?

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't know that... for all we could know they have seperate teams responsible with different tasks. I don't think that the developpers themselves also deal with web servers...

That's what they said so we just have to take their word for it.

In a company that I guess has fewer than 10 staff they've probably not got one guy to just sit and stare at a Web server all day until it fails. They probably had to pull someone with technical knowledge, ie. a programmer, off his normal work to sort out the server. That's just the way small companies work.

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
1) If you have a region-free .3ds, does it automatically become a region free .cia when you convert?
4) If you want all of your games in .cia format, do you no longer need the red GW card to boot them up once they've been installed?

If you use Gateway, points 1) and 2) are moot - they will work regardless of 'making them region-free'.

3) No
4) You need it to get you into emuNAND. You can remove it afterwards and still boot up your games. But I don't recommend it. Getting xorpads for all your games is one royal pain in the arse. :wtf:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
1, there is no region free .3ds files, gateway just enables region free
2, yeah, follow the tutorials on making cia files, there is 2 main ones and afaik both allow making the cia region free
3, no
4, no you need to insert the red card to enter gateway mode to launch them

Ninja'd but just note number 2, if the game is from a different region you need to make it region free, or it won't appear on the homescreen once installed iirc

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm pretty sure .cia repack converty programmy thingys (i apologize for the lack of technical terms) that I've read about or seen in action have an option for region free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night