Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fastforward 12 hours - GW 9.2 FW released! :unsure:

I've been holding out for over 336 hours now. I want to believe it'll be release in 12 hours. I want to believe it will be released by New Years. But my faith has grown thin. I will definately switch my N3DS to a GW card once the support for it has been released. And I have several options for my Sky3DS card after that happens. I just want to be able to enjoy my N3DS ASAP.

KodyKaplish

Trophies
XP
I got a reply from gateway 3ds around 3am I ask what happen to there website few days ago and this is what they reply.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-29-11-01-08.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-29-11-01-08.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 522

RayBlackX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got a reply from gateway 3ds around 3am I ask what happen to there website few days ago and this is what they reply.
Why aren't you asking for the %. So they could tell you they are at like 90% and just polishing ist left. That would be definitly more helpful than "just a few days" or "it's around the corner"...
Btw i guess they meant this corner
worldmap.jpg

This waterfalls are like there "corners"

Wilhelm

The Voice of Reason
Trophies
Website
myaltimit.com
XP
Country
United States
This is just speculation, but a New Years Day release date (possibly exactly at midnight) would make a lot of sense.

They've put a lot of work into polishing the software, especially into making it compatible with various firmware versions. It's basically transforming an already useful product into one anyone can use on almost any console at this point. This is why I see it coming as a 3.0 release on New Years, as a new and excellent start for a new year for the Gateway team. I can't blame them for that. I mean, yes, we're all feeling a little apprehension over not getting a beta. We still might? But I understand their logic if this is the case.

One of the reasons they might not be releasing a beta with potential brick code is the fact that, as mentioned earlier, most of the users are probably kids. Agreeing to the ToS of "we are not responsible blah blah blah" as a child means nil in the U.S. Minors bear little to nil responsibility for accepting legal agreements and can be easily freed from those "obligations". So if they DID release brick code, some brat could say "I didn't know what I was agreeing to" and regardless of if the courts took it seriously or not, it could still potentially be a hassle for them. That's why I think eliminating any potential for that and taking their time for this polished release works in everyone's favor. No bricked consoles, no risk for them or anyone else... unless you really don't know what you're doing or intentionally try to brick it for whatever reason. That sort of thing is on the head of the user at that point because they were they ones who did it, child or no.

Reactions: GotKrypto76

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the reasons they might not be releasing a beta with potential brick code is the fact that, as mentioned earlier, most of the users are probably kids. Agreeing to the ToS of "we are not responsible blah blah blah" as a child means nil in the U.S. Minors bear little to nil responsibility for accepting legal agreements and can be easily freed from those "obligations". So if they DID release brick code, some brat could say "I didn't know what I was agreeing to" and regardless of if the courts took it seriously or not, it could still potentially be a hassle for them. That's why I think eliminating any potential for that and taking their time for this polished release works in everyone's favor. No bricked consoles, no risk for them or anyone else... unless you really don't know what you're doing or intentionally try to brick it for whatever reason. That sort of thing is on the head of the user at that point because they were they ones who did it, child or no.

I find it ironic that you think GW would be taken to court for bricking a 3DS and not for piracy

The only thing they risk when they brick consoles is less card sold (aka less money made)

Reactions: Diag

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why aren't you asking for the %. So they could tell you they are at like 90% and just polishing ist left. That would be definitly more helpful than "just a few days" or "it's around the corner"...
Btw i guess they meant this corner
This waterfalls are like there "corners"
my guess is its about 72%....:rofl:

percentages are about as useless as "soon" crown3ds was on 72% for like 2 years before it finally lost its domain

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it ironic that you think GW would be taken to court for bricking a 3DS and not for piracy

I believe several flash cartridge manufacturers have been taken to court before and they usually win because it inherently isn't used for piracy unless the user uses it that way. OFC, GW bypasses a lt of restrictions to get there and in come cases deliberately enables piracy, so it could be iffy.

Wilhelm

The Voice of Reason
Trophies
Website
myaltimit.com
XP
Country
United States

The only thing they risk when they brick consoles is less card sold (aka less money made)

Well, the purpose of the card is playing "backups", and applied legally, in the U.S. you are entitled to a backup of software if you're capable of making it - which is part of the reason Gateway has that ability. It's purpose is making and playing backups of carts. It's not a "licensed" product, but in the end piracy is actually of very little concern.

Actually, I think their bigger concern is any Nintendo code they use. If the company were anal enough to do something about it they'd do it or send a C&D. That's a separate matter though and up to the company, not any random lawyer who wants to monopolize on the opportunity.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the purpose of the card is playing "backups", and applied legally, in the U.S. you are entitled to a backup of software if you're capable of making it - which is part of the reason Gateway has that ability. It's purpose is making and playing backups of carts. It's not a "licensed" product, but in the end piracy is actually of very little concern.

Since GW allows them to make backups I think that's the one way they could easily justify it.

Wilhelm

The Voice of Reason
Trophies
Website
myaltimit.com
XP
Country
United States
This is crazy you guys need to get a job to make the time pass easily the gateway video was released a month ago and then they said soon

Don't you tell me, boy... I was beating LoZ when you were a glimmer in your dad's eye. j/k

But no, seriously. Kids are out of class, students are out of college/university, many workers are on a hiatus so those with family can be with their families, and this is a "thing" right now. It's whatever. Just make a rational point and move on is how I deal with it, or just evolve the topic.

On that note, I think this is far less a "complain and whine" thread and more a "be social in the Gateway waiting room" thread. Which is... kind of a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY