Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hmmmm just wondering, seeing as the wifi on the n3DS is controlled via the system, i suppose if the 9.0-9.2 support has emunand, would that mean we can have wifi disabled in sysnand and enabled in emunand......that would be cool, shame i have already goofed and im getting update nagged

Reactions: Sonicx64

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
what are you talking about? what is odd about that folder being on there?
all it really means is that they use a mac... it's like having a thumbs.db file for windows, or all those .ds_store files for mac, they are just created in the background... nothing 'odd' about it.
is it really cool?
I just found it to be a cool tidbit.

Reactions: Sonicx64

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm just wondering, seeing as the wifi on the n3DS is controlled via the system, i suppose if the 9.0-9.2 support has emunand, would that mean we can have wifi disabled in sysnand and enabled in emunand......that would be cool, shame i have already goofed and im getting update nagged

Besides getting update nagged there shouldn't be any other downsides right? I am getting update nagged by my 3DS XL, but I turned off the Wi-Fi in time on my N3DS via the system.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Besides getting update nagged there shouldn't be any other downsides right? I am getting update nagged by my 3DS XL, but I turned off the Wi-Fi in time on my N3DS via the system.
nope, its just nagging, but i dont like the thought someone might come over and just pick it up and update.......(although i don't think anyone would)......but you know its one of those annoying things, at least on 4.x you can format the system to remove the nag, but you can't on 7.x+
I was actually thinking the same thing, but if gateway doesn't release its update in a week then I may get a sky3ds. Currently I feel that my n3ds stares at me and quietly mockes me :P the waiting game is difficult.... Btw were did all the hype train guys go to :P
the mods kicked the s**t outta the thread :P...so yeah no train/hype/ blah blah blah posts now.......the train was too much to handle for them ;)

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, its just nagging, but i dont like the thought someone might come over and just pick it up and update.......(although i don't think anyone would)......but you know its one of those annoying things, at least on 4.x you can format the system to remove the nag, but you can't on 7.x+

the mods kicked the s**t outta the thread :P

Ah, no one has access to my system besides me, so I should be safe... hopefully.

I was actually thinking the same thing, but if gateway doesn't release its update in a week then I may get a sky3ds. Currently I feel that my n3ds stares at me and quietly mockes me :P the waiting game is difficult.... Btw were did all the hype train guys go to :P

Both of my 3DS's have a layer of dust over them because of lack of use. I'd love to get a Sky3DS (they're only about $50 here in China, the same price as Gateway), but then It'd become useless to me when the update for Gateway does come out. I guess it'd make a nice gift for someone, haha. And yeah, the mods kicked the shit out of the topic, so no more hype training besides the IRC chat.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

They can kinda do that with old 3DS too.

Daku93

Trophies
Website
usrcheat.cwsurf.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Good news everybody!

Gateway's new Firmware will be compatible with 7.0 to 9.2 and they are still adding more firmwares. They just announced that on their website:

Gateway said:
We know many Gateway users are eagerly anticipating our upcoming native firmware support for Systems over 4.5 up to 9.2.
We have currently implemented support for firmware versions 7.0 until 9.2 and adding support for lower versions every day.
We apologize for the delay but want to reassure our users that it will be released soon.
Our proven policy is not to rush a product for a quick shameless buck, but to release highly featured updates which are also future proof. All Gateway owners have been enjoying our product for up to 18 months now and none of them regret their purchase. The same will remain for new users who we are sure will enjoy their Gateway, probably for the lifetime of their console.
Thank you for your support and we ask you for just a little more patience, our release is now just around the corner.

EDIT: Damn it. I was to slow…

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know how to feel.

In a way, I'm really happy! Gateway's actually giving out frequent updates!

And this piece of news is great! Does this mean when the update launches, people in 8.1 will be able to play right away?

Holy fuck am I happy for them! ^_^ .

With this, I can kinda predict this weekend at best, late next week tops ^_^ . Just around the corner is really really close! :)

Damn, getting excited now, its almost here! :D

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this is their another way of saying we will have to wait some more perhaps like a month. We all are familiar with their choice of words. "Soon" is the key word again.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Neat, looks like they're aiming for simultaneous release for all firmware versions. Fortunate for those who didn't update to 9.2, little annoying for anyone who did, but hopefully it'll not be too much more of a wait. Sounds like they've finished everything else and now it's just back porting everything.

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this is their another way of saying we will have to wait some more perhaps like a month. We all are familiar with their choice of words. "Soon" is the key word again.
They went from: Adding support for 8.1 AFTER 9.x support..

To: 7.0 -> 9.x support in THIS upcoming release.

It most definitly is not a month. Around the corner is also real close, and the only Time Frame they've given out oficially on announcements (e-mails are a mixed bag). They only do this when they're sure.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
They went from: Adding support for 8.1 AFTER 9.x support..

To: 7.0 -> 9.x support in THIS upcoming release.

It most definitly is not a month. Around the corner is also real close, and the only Time Frame they've given out oficially on announcements (e-mails are a mixed bag). They only do this when they're sure.

I chose to fixate on "soon". "Around the corner" is promising I really want to believe that but in their first annoucement it was "soon" as well and it's been more than a month... Still, I hope you are right though.

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Firmware release update

Posted on December 18, 2014
We know many Gateway users are eagerly anticipating our upcoming native firmware support for Systems over 4.5 up to 9.2.
We have currently implemented support for firmware versions 7.0 until 9.2 and adding support for lower versions every day.
We apologize for the delay but want to reassure our users that it will be released soon.
Our proven policy is not to rush a product for a quick shameless buck, but to release highly featured updates which are also future proof. All Gateway owners have been enjoying our product for up to 18 months now and none of them regret their purchase. The same will remain for new users who we are sure will enjoy their Gateway, probably for the lifetime of their console.
Thank you for your support and we ask you for just a little more patience, our release is now just around the corner.

Praise GW Team!:p1ng:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1