Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Living in China, but not Chinese.

Hmm I was nearly trying to type chinese in just for confirmation. But ye, in that case... :D Where r u right now? (Citywise)
And for all the ppl who think this is an attempt to stalk someone, well... let's just say, have fun in stalking someone (1 person) in a chinese city...

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I was nearly trying to type chinese in just for confirmation. But ye, in that case... :D Where r u right now? (Citywise)
And for all the ppl who think this is an attempt to stalk someone, well... let's just say, have fun in stalking someone (1 person) in a chinese city...

Haha, I can speak/write/read Chinese so it's fine. I'm over in Beijing.

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't even find the particles!
wrong language nvm
oh my god you're right!

hahahah :D Thats chinese writing for you. :) Much more efficient than any other language I have seen so far. :D
I'm trying to learn japanese but remember all these kanjis 100% it's soooooo hard D:

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that N3DS is very smart and can turn itself on to download updates to screw with gateway

it can download them but it cant install them without your consent , and so can the old 3ds my xl somehow caught an update recently and now i am being nagged

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
oh my god you're right!

I'm trying to learn japanese but remember all these kanjis 100% it's soooooo hard D:
Don't think Kanji as chicken scratches, rather think them as parts.
You can use Radicals, but personally I use pen and paper and that helps me recognize them easier, and also not mix them up with similar looking Kanji.
Also learn Kanji in context, not onyomi, kunyomi and meaning, Because that wastes effort.
it can download them but it cant install them without your consent , and so can the old 3ds my xl somehow caught an update recently and now i am being nagged
Should have turned off Spotpass.

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
The old one does it too via spot pass and wi-fi(that are the same thing) .-.

You can use Radicals, but personally I use pen and paper and that helps me recognize them easier, and also not mix them up with similar looking Kanji.
To me they're all the same, I just can find some similar parts like the ム in 私 etc, i don't record all the lines in my head. That's pretty much my big barrier that is stopping me to learn ¬¬'

Xenophy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The old one does it too via spot pass and wi-fi(that are the same thing) .-.

To me they're all the same, I just can find some similar parts like the ム in 私 etc, i don't record all the lines in my head. That's pretty much my big barrier that is stopping me to learn ¬¬'

Boy, chinese language (and japanese too) is build upon a system of different parts. If you r eager to learn any of em, you need to force through the parts. And since there are more parts than just letters in english, it does seem a bit more difficult. But actually from a logical point of view, there is not much change in the logic.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenophy is a freakin' language master!

Also learn Kanji in context, not onyomi, kunyomi and meaning, Because that wastes effort.

Good advice. I learned Japanese for a couple years and didn't get good at kanji (Chinese characters) until I started to learn Chinese which is a language made up of only kanji, haha.

Xenophy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Xenophy is a freakin' language master!

Good advice. I learned Japanese for a couple years and didn't get good at kanji (Chinese characters) until I started to learn Chinese which is a language made up of only kanji, haha.

Thanks for the praise, but srsly I dont think of myself as such. As for now I do only speak and write 3 languages, and most probably I m not going to learn any more. (Although I learned french and spanish, its all GONE "poof")

Wow... I just noticed that Veho did a great job in already deleting the posts where we used a different language apart from english. xD

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Boy, chinese language (and japanese too) is build upon a system of different parts. If you r eager to learn any of em, you need to force through the parts. And since there are more parts than just letters in english, it does seem a bit more difficult. But actually from a logical point of view, there is not much change in the logic.

When you mean force through parts you are saying that i need to learn any of them in parts or i have to learn the kanjis in any way and then after knowing them go through these parts and radicals to get deeper on it etc?

Just to don't stay too much off topic. I don't want to be that guy that saw the site offline and came here like "hey, they'll launch the 9.2 exploit, blablabla" but, the site can be offline because they could've bought another server to handle all the access and the downloads for when they launch the exploit(so they can launch "more" very soon than before :P)

And that history about the HDD on MaxConsoles with it's administrator could be just something that gateway asked them to do to make the hype lower and don't make people flood their e-mail

Xenophy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When you mean force through parts you are saying that i need to learn any of them in parts or i have to learn the kanjis in any way and then after knowing them go through these parts and radicals to get deeper on it etc?

Just to don't stay too much off topic. I don't want to be that guy that saw the site offline and came here like "hey, they'll launch the 9.2 exploit, blablabla" but, the site can be offline because they could've bought another server to handle all the access and the downloads for when they launch the exploit(so they can launch "more" very soon than before :P)

And that history about the HDD on MaxConsoles with it's administrator could be just something that gateway asked them to do to make the hype lower and don't make people flood their e-mail

Might be true what you say for maxconsoles. Makes even sense :D

To your question, since I learned Chinese writing when I was like 13. (so not completely native) When you see "symbols" try to tear them apart and learn the different parts for yourself. After having some parts you will see the same parts coming up in other symbols. Also its good to have imagination, as some are quite obvious like raindrops. (cant give u any examples now since Veho doesn't like me to write in Chinese) :glare:

viral777
I think that they dont wanna put it online just to stop the hype a bit. They might just put it online after their completion of the new firmware. :D

Reactions: AdowTatep

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil

To your question, since I learned Chinese writing when I was like 13. (so not completely native) When you see "symbols" try to tear them apart and learn the different parts for yourself. After having some parts you will see the same parts coming up in other symbols. Also its good to have imagination, as some are quite obvious like raindrops. (cant give u any examples now since Veho doesn't like me to write in Chinese) :glare:

I'm really trusting that this down it's because of that, because if they had backup it would already be up isn't? So this time is to transfer everything from one server to other. But even trusting this, i'm okay that it can't be this, so i'll not be disappointed if the update don't came out anyway xD

Hmm, i never thought in imagine like that, maybe i'll try to haha. Thanks o/. I'm learning alone so it's harder than having someone up to correct everything etc xD

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

viral777
I think that they dont wanna put it online just to stop the hype a bit. They might just put it online after their completion of the new firmware. :D

lets hope your right :lol:

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
It looks like they were forced to restore their site from an old backup, as their other pages are online and making references to version 2.1:

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads.html

Maybe it's some problem here or it's loading something in your/online cookies:
http://puu.sh/dt9kH/5db3d88fa2.png

And i saw someone saying that these .html are just older files(so we can see this server is up and the hdd didn't had any problem), this files could be in another server either, so that's why it's working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I'd like another 8 TB HDD yes thank you very much +1