Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
It's tucked away on the FAQ page, and is not present on the main page.
They even have 90% of the FAQ on the main page, but excluded the mention of the 10 game limit, how surprising.

Unlike SKY3DS, Gateway the 4.1-4.5 compatibility on their main page, under the features of the card.
Infact, it's on every page.

Good job ignoring what I said about SKY3DS lying about the nature of the 10 game limit though.
Herro, you still there?

It was on the main page before 9.3.0. Check here: http://web.archive.org/web/20141119183306/http://www.sky3ds.com/

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I concede. That is scummy of them.
Concede to what?
2a4xHNN.jpg

Reactions: 2Hack

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
It's tucked away on the FAQ page, and is not present on the main page.
They even have 90% of the FAQ on the main page, but excluded the mention of the 10 game limit, how surprising.

I like your blunt honesty.
How would anyone know they haven't just used that tool they stole, and released a "NEW" card. Is there anything physically different. APART from that stupid blue button?

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
w8 m8

I am so confused. So I was eight or wrong? CBA to check a computer lol.
You're right mang: http://i.imgur.com/2a4xHNN.jpg
It was explicitly stated on the main page before the recent 9.3 update. The date of this cache was November 19.

Edit: It is also present in the cache from November 30, just 11 days ago.

D

Deleted-188346

Herro, you still there?

It was on the main page before 9.3.0. Check here: http://web.archive.org/web/20141119183306/http://www.sky3ds.com/
Huh, well there you go. I admit, I was wrong about that.

You have to admit, the inclusion of the 10-game limit on the FAQ page but not on the main page, which contains the FAQ looked quite dodgy.

Regardless, my main point still stands, they disguised the 10 game limitation as an issue that needed fixing, when it was painfully obvious that it was intentional.
Oh, and they stole the tool used to unlock the original SKY3DS units.

Reactions: bendrr

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly didn't see it. I'm on a tablet and tired af right now.
Haha bro don't worry, I wasn't trying to be aggressive or anything, and it wasn't really directed at you. I was mainly making a statement for those that think like Puppy_Washer - that it was only present on the FAQ page.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Using a tool that they stole from a guy.

:rofl2:

It seriously amazes me how people can defend this "team". They're almost comically terrible.

Is this guy known from anywhere, made any comments about it?

At the end of the day though, the card works better than what the people who bought it paid for. So you are still wrong talking about victims.

Reactions: dplaktos and 2Hack

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Haha bro don't worry, I wasn't trying to be aggressive or anything, and it wasn't really directed at you. I was mainly making a statement for those that think like Puppy_Washer - that it was only present on the FAQ page.
Didn't take it like that. Just thought my shitty day was going to stay shitty lol. Better end it on a somewhat high note :D

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to admit, the inclusion of the 10-game limit on the FAQ page but not on the main page, which contains the FAQ looked quite dodgy.
Their website designers are probably just on holiday ;)

Regardless, my main point still stands, they disguised the 10 game limitation as an issue that needed fixing, when it was painfully obvious that it was intentional.
No they didn't. It was stated under "Sky3DS features"

2a4xHNN.jpg

It doesn't look like they were hiding it at all, or treating it like a fixable issue. It was in their feature list; thus, it was an clearly established limitation.

Are you saying that buyers are victims, because they didn't read the feature list to the end?

Reactions: TVL

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't look like they were hiding it at all, or treating it like a fixable issue. It was in their feature list; thus, it was an clearly established limitation.

Are you saying that buyers are victims, because they didn't read the feature list to the end?
Buyers were victims because the ten game limit is something Sky3DS established themselves. It never needed to be there for any plausible reason, despite what they'll tell you if you e-mail them.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Buyers were victims because the ten game limit is something Sky3DS established themselves. It never needed to be there for any plausible reason, despite what they'll tell you if you e-mail them.
No, they're not. They would be victims if Sky3DS had not stated the limitation, and had insinuated that you could put an unlimited amount of games on the cart.

But the limitation was clearly stated. It is irrelevant whether or not it was technically possible to remove it.

As an analogy, Spotify cannot be sued for applying DRM to its content, and its users are not 'victims', just because they really, really, really want to copy music to their <insert device>. Sure, Spotify established this DRM themselves. The reason they did this is irrelevent, but this is an established limitation. The customers are aware of this limitation, yet they still subscribed, so they must abide by it.

When you agree to buy a product, you are agreeing to the associated Terms and Conditions. You're not a victim because the product is not how you would like it to be. Rather, you would only be a victim if you were told something that was not true, which does not apply in this case.

Edit: another analogy I just thought up. Could Gateway be called 'perpetrators' (and their customers 'victims') in the old days when there was only one game per microSD? Could you argue that multiROM was possible and that the 'one game per microSD' was a self-established limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up