Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
don't spam lol

do you know the japanese?
They probably do.

-->
"I bought a gateway for the region-free features since I mostly want to just play Japanese games. So the Sky3ds limit removal thing does nothing for me.."
-->

Why else would they 'mostly want to just play Japanese games'? (Unless... Senran Kagura 2... of course.)

Edit: Welp! Why do I keep getting ninja'd over here!?

D

Deleted-188346

That's not what I was asking. Sorry, I meant 9.0, not 9.3. I edited my post, try reading it again.
Yeah, we still don't know what method Gateway will use to update older firmwares to 9.0-9.2, but they seem pretty confident that it's do-able.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, we still don't know what method Gateway will use to update older firmwares to 9.0-9.2, but they seem pretty confident that it's do-able.
It seemed like they were just announcing support for 8.1, if I read the announcement correctly. I don't think even they will be able to update consoles to 9.0-9.2.

D

Deleted-188346

It seemed like they were just announcing support for 8.1, if I read the announcement correctly.
From http://www.gateway-3ds.com:
For users that did not update yet in this range, do not worry. We will add support for a firmware range lower than 9.0 which can be installed using a gamecard update.
They simply stated that if you have a "firmware range lower than 9.0", you will be able to update to 9.0 using a "gamecard update". What the "gamecard update" is exactly, we have no idea, but it seems quite reassuring for those who missed the update boat.

Reactions: omegart

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the new smash, do I have to change the file from .3ds to .3dz for local multi player and connecting to the wii u? Just want to be sure that gateway will support local multi player.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i finally have my hands on a new 3ds console,my ebay JAPANESE new 3ds just arrived & it's on 8.1,the menu is not hard to understand if you're used to using a 3ds,i'm sure i will get used to it.

btw r4i 3ds sdhc works on it fine. (at least i can play ds games while i wait for the gateway's mysterious gamecard update) :P

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
From http://www.gateway-3ds.com:

They simply stated that if you have a "firmware range lower than 9.0", you will be able to update to 9.0 using a "gamecard update". What the "gamecard update" is exactly, we have no idea, but it seems quite reassuring for those who missed the update boat.
I think you're just misreading it.

They will add support for a lower firmware that is already confirmed present on gamecards.

Quote:
For users that did not update yet in this range, do not worry. We will add support for a firmware range lower than 9.0 which can be installed using a gamecard update.

They will add support for a firmware range that can be installed with a gamecard update. i.e. 8.1 (Super Smash Bros. etc.)

Arietta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My gateway was supposed to arrive Monday but apparently it was delayed.. sigh

(Unless... Senran Kagura 2... of course.)

lol, don't know about the 3DS Senran Kagura games but.. fan-service aside, the Vita one I played had a pretty good story.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
My gateway was supposed to arrive Monday but apparently it was delayed.. sigh

lol, don't know about the 3DS Senran Kagura games but.. fan-service aside, the Vita one I played had a pretty good story.
Hahaha they're pretty good. :ha: Senran 2 has nice 3D FX, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: Phantom_User
D

Deleted-188346

I think you're just misreading it.

They will add support for a lower firmware that is present on gamecards.
Hmm, maybe you're right. It's tough to tell since all the news has been so explicit about 9.0-9.2 specifically, I assumed that any support for lower firmware ranges would be in bringing those firmwares up to 9.0-9.2.

Also, it seemed unlikely that Gateway have an exploit that covers literally all firmwares below 9.0, but it's possible.

For now you're probably right, it's likely just support for all firmwares below 9.0. Whether this will arrive with the main 9.0-9.2 compatibility update is unknown though.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, maybe you're right. It's tough to tell since all the news has been so explicit about 9.0-9.2 specifically, I assumed that any support for lower firmware ranges would be in bringing those firmwares up to 9.0-9.2.

Also, it seemed unlikely that Gateway have an exploit that covers literally all firmwares below 9.0, but it's possible.

For now you're probably right, it's likely just support for all firmwares below 9.0. Whether this will arrive with the main 9.0-9.2 compatibility update is unknown though.
Even if they only support 8.1.0, there is no problem, because all older consoles can update to this version with Super Smash Bros. etc.

i.e. there is no need for a patch for any prior firmware version other than 8.1.0.

Do you catch mah drift m8 :p1ng:

D

Deleted-188346

Even if they only support 8.1.0, there is no problem, because all older consoles can update to this version with Super Smash Bros. etc.

i.e. there is no need for a patch for any prior firmware version other than 8.1.0.

Do you catch mah drift m8 :p1ng:
Ah, I get it. Reading Gateways news is a bit strange as I'm always reading it as if it was engrish. I didn't know whether "game card" meant a Gateway card, or an actual retail game card. Also, "firmware range" is misleading if the "range" is just 8.1.

I got ya drift. B-)

Reactions: Zidapi

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
btw r4i 3ds sdhc works on it fine. (at least i can play ds games while i wait for the gateway's mysterious gamecard update) :P
i want one too! i found a guy that sell it near where i live but i don't know how to see if it's a clone :\

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i want one too! i found a guy that sell it near where i live but i don't know how to see if it's a clone :\

the R4i sdhc 3ds has little foil sticker at the bottom,underneath this sticker there is a serial number,if the card you're buying has all this then it's most likely a genuine card.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, I get it. Reading Gateways news is a bit strange as I'm always reading it as if it was engrish. I didn't know whether "game card" meant a Gateway card, or an actual retail game card. Also, "firmware range" is misleading if the "range" is just 8.1.

I got ya drift. B-)
Their website is actually usually written in very good English. It's just sometimes missing a few punctuation marks and capital letters (we are also often guilty of this :rofl2:); otherwise, it is pretty good Standard English.

Pay a quick visit to the MT-Card website to see what Engrish actually looks like: http://www.mt-card.com/news_1.html :P

Reactions: satel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN