Hacking Gateway 3ds™ caused brick on my 3ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats with everyone all of a sudden having bricks? seriously is it a firmware update or is this the cool hip thing to do with flash carts?

ASUS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Whats with everyone all of a sudden having bricks? seriously is it a firmware update or is this the cool hip thing to do with flash carts?

is a malicious code added in the firmware of the gateway, but the staff at Gateway denies that there.

ASUS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, Playtronics is one of the official GW resellers here in Brazil (http://www.gateway-3ds.com/resellers.html), so it's very unlikely that OP got a cloned flashcard.
Feel sorry about your loss, bro. Try to contact Playtronics again to see if GW informed them about the RMA procedure.

Yes, bought at playtronics is always a reliable store so I know they will do their best to resolve.

alex_fr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it's been like what 10 days now that we're aware of gateway causing bricks with known hackers and coders all saying the same thing with 2.02b and warnings are every where really. Anyone bricking now has only themselves to blame for believing GW lies instead of taking the "better safe than sorry" approach.

Reactions: tofast4u

PolyChrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sim, sempre comprei na playtronics é uma loja confiável então sei que eles farão o possível para resolver.

(Let's keep the conversation in english, ok? This is an english speaking forum, so we need to respect it. ;))

I wish you good luck. I'll ask you to keep this thread updated if you receive an answer from them.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it was recently added in a GW firmware update? and no I don't live under a rock I just don't follow the 3ds scene as much as others.

ASUS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I asked about 7 questions on the systems getting bricked I guess no one knows the answers.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-just-bricked-with-a-legit-gw.360799/ #297 & 301

when was the first 3ds reported brick that was put on gbatemp? (date)
what sysnand and emunand firmware was used when the brick happened?
was the time and date set correctly on the 3ds system when the brick occurred?
when the exploit executed did they update the blue card or just update the launcher.dat file?
was wifi on at the time of the bricking?
was the system in sleep mode or turned on played then turned off then turned back on bricked?

ssame goes for the other 3ds that got bricked just comparing to ee if anything stands out.

when was the first 3ds reported brick that was put on gbatemp?

N/A

what sysnand and emunand firmware was used when the brick happened?

4.4.0.10 U and without emunand.

was the time and date set correctly on the 3ds system when the brick occurred?

1/1/2012 11:00 AM

Note: I'd just buy 3ds Store so the wrong time and date.

when the exploit executed did they update the blue card or just update the launcher.dat file?

both. 2.0b2.

was wifi on at the time of the bricking?

no.

was the system in sleep mode or turned on played then turned off then turned back on bricked?

It was when I selected the classic mode appeared black screen and when I turn off and turn on became was in blue screen.

ASUS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(Let's keep the conversation in english, ok? This is an english speaking forum, so we need to respect it. ;))

I wish you good luck. I'll ask you to keep this thread updated if you receive an answer from them.

Ok ;).

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asus thank you for that im just trying to see if there is a pattern which is bricking the system. could the date and time cause it?? the reason I asked is cause there is talk on here about the brick code checking on feb 4 2014 im just wondering if the date is wrong from what the brick code is programmed for and a out date system might trigger the brick cause it sees it as a modded file. yes windows adds the date it was made but if the 3ds activates it it will show modified and if the date is before the launcher was made maybe that's causing the brick. just a theory

Habbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup, fuck this... I just deleted the Launcher.dat file from my sd card.
looks like ill be playing normal DS games for a while lol

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
okk. but there was a way to prevent the bug. I don't know if it was confirmed to work 100% of the times, but if you opened the game, then closed it and the console didn't freeze, then you could play and the bug wouldn't happen.

Reactions: Nightwish

Euwlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys just wondering, could the error be related in realNand date being different from the emuNand date? So when 3ds boots to emunad it doesn't match (something in the code) and it bricks?

I've read all of these hundreads of threads a we still don't have a reason or how the brick is caused.

btw, I'm on 2.0b1 just to be safe, and I wont turn it off until we have more info

elcravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys just wondering, could the error be related in realNand date being different from the emuNand date? So when 3ds boots to emunad it doesn't match (something in the code) and it bricks?

I've read all of these hundreads of threads a we still don't have a reason or how the brick is caused.

btw, I'm on 2.0b1 just to be safe, and I wont turn it off until we have more info

You should probably read again. It's confirmed by well known scene devs that the brick is caused by malicious code put into the launcher.dat by gateway to brick clone users' consoles. But unfortunately the code also bricks legit gateway users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts