Hacking Gateway 3DS: Real vs. Fake Cards

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Wait..... My gateway card was purchased from the official Australian retailer of Gateway 3DS (as listed on their website) But it matches the second picture i.e. FAKE....... Do the counterfeit cards work with OMEGA FPGA upate? Because I successfully updated mine first time yesterday!!!!

EDIT: LOL OP pics are mixed up.... I was scared there for a minute!!!!

PolyChrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Whoa, I couldn't tell the difference at the first look.
Even if the photos are mixed up, I'm glad that we have now a visual reference to identify the fake ones.

Warft

Say my name!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VFEY456.jpg
uKGmdgx.jpg
I bought one too, but could return
Open up the cards, please.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway stated there was a second revision of their red cart's PCB in one of their emails, it's not superior or more functional, though don't know if that would change anything about the pins.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best way to make sure it's not a fake is if anyone matches the first pic. My Gateway is the spring loaded version and it matches the second pic.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, the pictures in the spoilers are mixed up. I bought mine from a reputable dealer and the image in the "fake" spoiler matches my gateway.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine has the long pin , the gap between the end of the board and the pin is the same for the middle pin and the 2 end pins, but my board looks really dark, maybe its the lighting but it looks black, got it form RHS ,my box was plastic, flimsy clear plastic insert , not cardboard, so i assume its real, the board color on the real one in the pics looks much lighter than mine for some reason though ,maybe ts just the camera , but i cant tell

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine has the long pin , the gap between the end of the board and the pin is the same for the middle pin and the 2 end pins, but my board looks really dark, maybe its the lighting but it looks black, got it form RHS ,my box was plastic, flimsy clear plastic insert , not cardboard, so i assume its real, the board color on the real one in the pics looks much lighter than mine for some reason though ,maybe ts just the camera , but i cant tell

There's two revisions of Gateway's PCB (according to an email), I too have one that is a darker blue than the one shown in these pictures, though the update to "OMEGA" verifies that mine is legitimate.

Reactions: weatMod

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I don't think that's true.

Mine came with a clear tray. Also, mine was purchased on day one (at release), before clones had a chance to come out, and mine updated fine.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They changed the box.

First/early batches were in a plastic gateway box (just thin flimsy plastic) and a clear try. The cardbox and fuzzy tray was second/later batches.

Mine is also a clear tray/plastic box and updated fine and was purchased on release also.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that's true.

Mine came with a clear tray. Also, mine was purchased on day one (at release), before clones had a chance to come out, and mine updated fine.

yes mine has clear plastic too ,i have never even seen or heard of an insert like the one he describes , that is like the one that with my dsTWO

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes mine has clear plastic too ,i have never even seen or heard of an insert like the one he describes , that is like the one that with my dsTWO

Yes, googling pictures of Gateway, there are some grey trays.

If anyone has a fake Gateway, did it come with the earlier plastic box & clear tray, or the later released cardboard box and grey tray?

I purposefully bought mine at release in an effort to avoid fakes, as I supposed that cloners need time to produce an exact replica.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first batch (plastic box, clear plastic tray) also came with the blue pcb cards
the thing is where did these black pcb cards come from?

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Real:
update
Multi-Rom
etc.
It's all good lol.

Fake:
Does not recognize as a gateway card (not updated)
Boot in classic mode in omega
Runs the diagnostic test as if it were the original in omega
Backs up the nand, formats
runs 1.2
runs 2.0b
Plays the normal games, since that recorded 1-1.

Hello,
what do you mean by this: "Does not recognize as a gateway card (not updated)"
I have a GW I bought from some seller (china, ugh!) and it updated correctly and I'm able to play games. It took me 3 times to finish the FPGA update.

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up