Gateway 3DS, News and Information

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 4.2 what does this mean?

and I didn't get the update to 4.5 part, care to explain please?

- Cute Mew ;3

As long as your system stays the way it is you will have no problem.

This is a list of 3DS system firmwares. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_system_software

6.1 is the newest, and 4.2 is clearly much older. As Nintendo releases new firmwares, carts get blocked. (usually.)

If you upgrade, the Gateway will become unusable at this time. I hope this makes sense.

Liwern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys I just bought a 3ds xl. Its verson 4.4!
Where can I get a gateway card now? Living in Malaysia. Need one that ships internationally.
Codc, where did you get yours?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I just bought a 3ds xl. Its verson 4.4!
Where can I get a gateway card now? Living in Malaysia. Need one that ships internationally.
Codc, where did you get yours?

on their site, they have a 'retailers' section, and it shows different sites, based on country :)

Also, question, for you guys... do a lotta 3DS games require you to update your system before playing? Or just very few? 'Cause I know with Sony, they make it VERY hard and whatnot.

Liwern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
on their site, they have a 'retailers' section, and it shows different sites, based on country :)

Also, question, for you guys... do a lotta 3DS games require you to update your system before playing? Or just very few? 'Cause I know with Sony, they make it VERY hard and whatnot.

As per Codc above, he did test with latest SMT4 right? And no update prompted.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As per Codc above, he did test with latest SMT4 right? And no update prompted.

Ah! Well, now I feel silly for asking such a question. Haha! Thanks for the update! (Get it? Update?! Hahahaaha-oh, I don't either...)

So this means that some games which hold a base update of, let's say, (made this up) 7.5.0.XX, won't push the update on you and you can still play that game on 4.5! Sweet! :D I hope they go this route with Zelda, Pokemon, and Smash... I'm sure they won't though haha!

Are forced updates from games very common on the 3DS?

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this means that some games which hold a base update of, let's say, (made this up) 7.5.0.XX, won't push the update on you and you can still play that game on 4.5! Sweet! :D

No, it will force you to update if it contains a higher version than your 3DS' firmware. The SMT4 cartridge doesn't have an update past 4.5 present on it, that's all he stated.

Liwern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So you mean the new SMT4 only comes with 4.5 in it? Hmm I find it weird, as its quite a new Game and yet carrying such old firmware

Codc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So you mean the new SMT4 only comes with 4.5 in it? Hmm I find it weird, as its quite a new Game and yet carrying such old firmware

It's not really weird when you think about it. It came out in Japan 2 months ago so they probably didnt bother changing the firmware on it.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My friend had SMT4 and it didn't ask him to upgrade the firmware, however, when he tried to download the DLCs it obviously asked him to upgrade to do so.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend had SMT4 and it didn't ask him to upgrade the firmware, however, when he tried to download the DLCs it obviously asked him to upgrade to do so.
Yep, in order to even access the eShop, you have to update. So it's best to use Gateway to try all of the older games, and once you're done with them, buy the rest of the games you want to play. Of course, this is just my opinion, but I doubt Gateway will last very long. Great for the games that are already released, but upcoming ones? Meh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol