Gateway 3DS, News and Information

Scope92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been on the forums for a long while, but are any lists of games with minimum required firmwares to play on the 3ds? And is updating the 3ds to the latest unblocked firmware, which currently seems to be 4.5, give new features from previous firmwares regarding on what you can do with Gateway? For example, saving on SD cards is only support on 4.5+ or something like that.

And lastly, to upgrade to 4.5 specifically I just have to boot a game with that update, right? Frankly, I've never encountered any required updates from any 3ds games I've played. Granted they were mostly older games of the handheld, and the fact that I sometimes update the 3ds just to connect to eShop.

beundertaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so many entitled babies. It's a gen 1 flashcard. So many people here want R4 features for less than an R4 price.

I'll be enjoying games I would have otherwise not purchased, it's more than worth the price. nintendo won't get a penny from me (besides hardware sales) until they end region blocking.

Rytoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so many entitled babies. It's a gen 1 flashcard. So many people here want R4 features for less than an R4 price.

I'll be enjoying games I would have otherwise not purchased, it's more than worth the price. nintendo won't get a penny from me (besides hardware sales) until they end region blocking.

Entitled pirates? :P

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I posted this in the SMT thread but I figure it's worth a shot here too since it's about Gateway. We know what firmware monster hunter updates to and what project x zone updates to but what about SMT4. I'd like to buy it legit but I don't want to ruin my chance at the flash card.

Rytoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's pretty much an oxymoron but you should check out some of the garbage that people spew on the original gateway 3ds thread. It's no wonder it was locked due to trolls trolling trolls and other nonsense.

Oh, trust me. I read all that. Now it's just people asking questions that they could easily google, or others stating that they will or will not buy it. :/

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's okay to buy pot and prostitutes, but not flashcards? Hmm...

Haha, i was thinking of it right now, and it actually makes no sense!
But yeah, about the prostitutes, that's not so true :S
But in Amsterdam you can buy weed in around almost every corner, it get's f*cking annoying...
But let's stay on topic now!

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering getting the Mario Kart 7 XL bundle. Does the XL being pre-installed with a game matter in terms of Gateway being useable? I'm assuming it doesn't matter, I just wanted to make sure. I'd like to get the bundle since it costs the same as a standard XL, and would give me a game to play until the Gateway review from Devin is submitted.

Hardline

GBAtemp Advanced Fan and Power Metal Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
if you do buy Mario Kart 7 XL bundle.. and ( you will play online you must go to eShop and download MARIO KART 1.1 UPDATE)

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you do buy Mario Kart 7 XL bundle.. and ( you will play online you must go to eShop and download MARIO KART 1.1 UPDATE)

Not really interested in online play in general. Just wanted to know if bundled versions of XL's are capable of using Gateway. And I'm not much of a red fan (so that eliminates the 3D Land bundle).

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really interested in online play in general. Just wanted to know if bundled versions of XL's are capable of using Gateway. And I'm not much of a red fan (so that eliminates the 3D Land bundle).

The Mario Kart 7 bundle would be fine, as I believe it was released December of 2012. Just check the back to make sure it says 2012.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If your XL is on firmware 4.5 or below, then it'll work with Gateway. (However, updating to 4.2-4.5 is necessary for the cart to work).

EDIT:

Did I misread the question, asked? Been up all night, so it's a possibility. If so, sorry for my -accidentally-irrelevant response! Haha!

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mario Kart 7 bundle would be fine, as I believe it was released December of 2012. Just check the back to make sure it says 2012.

The firmware is definitely 4.5 or below. I just wanted to confirm having a game pre-installed would have no effect on using a Gateway card. Are you certain pre bunded systems, in general, are gateway capable (assuming firmware is 4.5 or below).

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The firmware is definitely 4.5 or below. I just wanted to confirm having a game pre-installed would have no effect on using a Gateway card. Are you certain pre bunded systems, in general, are gateway capable (assuming firmware is 4.5 or below).

I don't see why they wouldn't be. They're normal 3DS', but with the Mario Kart 7 license.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
That feel when you ask if anyone knows what firmware SMT4 requires and everyone ignores you and talks about monster hunter and mario kart firmwares. :(

I've tried asking everywhere.

Codc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That feel when you ask if anyone knows what firmware SMT4 requires and everyone ignores you and talks about monster hunter and mario kart firmwares. :(

I've tried asking everywhere.

I know that feel. We should know for sure when somebody dumps the ROM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1