Hacking GATEWAY 3DS IS PREPARING A BIG UPDATE IN APRIL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't install gateways A9LH for a start. Just use the cfw version but you can only have a 11.2 emunand at the minute if you still want to use gateway. I'd wait to see if they actually release something that's useful for gateway owners. It's meant to be coming tonight but I wouldn't count on it.

There's something I don't understand about the A9LH guide.
When install is complete, system version is the last released, right?
Maybe I'll have to wait until GW gives 11.4 compatibility before installing A9LH.
And yeah, I was talking about the 3ds.guide A9LH.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
There's something I don't understand about the A9LH guide.
When install is complete, system version is the last released, right?
Yes for cfw on sysnand but you can't boot gateway after that with latest sysnand cause it'll wipe your A9LH and put you on stock 11.4. It doesn't protect sysnand

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it is sighax gateway style I will be very angry that brickway beat us to the punch but if we learned how to remove the bricking code by some miracle we could reverse engineer gateways method or rather still do it and build a method of our own using gatway's code as an example they have no idea their helping sealing their own coffin and helping cfw devs

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
if it is sighax gateway style I will be very angry that brickway beat us to the punch but if we learned how to remove the bricking code by some miracle we could reverse engineer gateways method or rather still do it and build a method of our own using gatway's code as an example they have no idea their helping sealing their own coffin and helping cfw devs
Where will you get gateways code from?

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
this is nonsense

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone show me a guide for how to use Luma a9lh with gateway? My emunand is still on 11.2 so that doesn't bother me

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
You aren't missing out on much with anything past 11.2, but it's the principle of the matter. One expect a paid service to be better than this, you paid real money for this afterall. But sitting months on something and getting so little back really begs to question it's really worth it? People are using free software and getting far better results and that's just not ok. My beef is an actual ethics concern here. They really aren't providing a service that shows results of a paid service

Yeah, my thought exactly. We bought their overpriced ($85 or so) product, and they haven't been providing support for it on a timely basis. No new features, either. It's pathetic.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sighax doesn't even seem that special, since unless you are already have full arm9, you need dsiwarehax or hardmod to install it. unless you have a soldering iron, it's a secondary exploit.

i hope their revolutionary update is something better. like, say, signing.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Crystal the Glaceon Firstly thanks for being one of the few people to reply in a civil manner in a thread that would ALWAYS end up as a trainwreck.

Here's my 2 cents. Your argument regarding GW being a paid product and therefore, there should have been better service. Had GW been something a la Netflix, where there is a continuous payment, then I'd wholeheartedly agree without a shadow of a doubt. Period. Back then, I got it for what it was, not what it could be. Every update that I got, it was a bonus. Emunand. Multirom. Exfat support. Frankly, I never expected it to be supported for half as long as it has been.

When someone brought up the early access argument, you seem to shoot it down instantly, deeming it invalid for whatever reason. The flaw in this logic is that GW and the various other alternative CFWs we have now came at different times. Those who got GW back when it was the only choice paid to enjoy it before those who didn't. If GW and other CFW had emerged at the same time, then that's a different story. There is a reason why there is not a single one of the supposed GW fanboys who push for GW when newbies come to find out about 3DS "hacking". More often than not, A9LH+Luma would be exactly what these newbies are looking for and we would recommend Plailect's guide. No hidden agendas, no stupid faction nonsense. If someone has a GW and wants to use it with Luma, we point them to that other thread.

On the point of whether it is worth, I do not think that your evaluation should be any more or less valid than another person's. You don't find it worth it? That's perfectly fine. Someone else does? Nothing wrong with that. I mean, we've seen this being used as an argument by iSheep and Fandroids all the time and I am sure we both are aware that it also never ends well. I personally would not think it is worth it to get a GW now. Even if you want cheats. But that is based on my wants and needs. I cannot apply the same template on others. I know people who spend hundreds on in-app purchases on a regular basis which blows my mind but hey, who am I to judge?

I think I may have previously mentioned this but I may as well state it again for visibility. The thread was meant to discuss the supposed upcoming update. I believe many would appreciate if we didn't have people coming in solely to diss at others. They know what the topic is about and yet they go out of their way to post a snarky remark. Just to be clear, do note that this is not targetted at you but I thought I'd just put it in the same post while I am typing it. I would have gone to a political rally if I wanted any of that toxicity.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Crystal the Glaceon Firstly thanks for being one of the few people to reply in a civil manner in a thread that would ALWAYS end up as a trainwreck.

Here's my 2 cents. Your argument regarding GW being a paid product and therefore, there should have been better service. Had GW been something a la Netflix, where there is a continuous payment, then I'd wholeheartedly agree without a shadow of a doubt. Period. Back then, I got it for what it was, not what it could be. Every update that I got, it was a bonus. Emunand. Multirom. Exfat support. Frankly, I never expected it to be supported for half as long as it has been.

When someone brought up the early access argument, you seem to shoot it down instantly, deeming it invalid for whatever reason. The flaw in this logic is that GW and the various other alternative CFWs we have now came at different times. Those who got GW back when it was the only choice paid to enjoy it before those who didn't. If GW and other CFW had emerged at the same time, then that's a different story. There is a reason why there is not a single one of the supposed GW fanboys who push for GW when newbies come to find out about 3DS "hacking". More often than not, A9LH+Luma would be exactly what these newbies are looking for and we would recommend Plailect's guide. No hidden agendas, no stupid faction nonsense. If someone has a GW and wants to use it with Luma, we point them to that other thread.

On the point of whether it is worth, I do not think that your evaluation should be any more or less valid than another person's. You don't find it worth it? That's perfectly fine. Someone else does? Nothing wrong with that. I mean, we've seen this being used as an argument by iSheep and Fandroids all the time and I am sure we both are aware that it also never ends well. I personally would not think it is worth it to get a GW now. Even if you want cheats. But that is based on my wants and needs. I cannot apply the same template on others. I know people who spend hundreds on in-app purchases on a regular basis which blows my mind but hey, who am I to judge?

I think I may have previously mentioned this but I may as well state it again for visibility. The thread was meant to discuss the supposed upcoming update. I believe many would appreciate if we didn't have people coming in solely to diss at others. They know what the topic is about and yet they go out of their way to post a snarky remark. Just to be clear, do note that this is not targetted at you but I thought I'd just put it in the same post while I am typing it. I would have gone to a political rally if I wanted any of that toxicity.
I get what you are saying and I feel ya. But it will never set well with me to see people paying for something and not getting results of a paid service. It seems almost like they are ripping people off to me.
Like I keep saying, it's not the product. My concerns are always going to be people paying for something and having results that don't reflect that payment.
If they are having a hard time supporting this product, then why don't they just do what Acakard did? Release the source code and SDK, then only work on the actual hardware. The akAIO team were way faster than the Acekard team at pumping out updates and features. We would get the same results here with Gateway if they did the same thing.
Although, my original reason for posting was to point out that their news is most likely not happening this month.

Last edited by The Catboy,

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Sighax doesn't even seem that special, since unless you are already have full arm9, you need dsiwarehax or hardmod to install it. unless you have a soldering iron, it's a secondary exploit.

i hope their revolutionary update is something better. like, say, signing.
Signing your own firmware. Doesn't that sound fun enough? Opens up a whole new world of making the 3DS run things. Faster execution, better brick protection. A LOT safe than arm9loaderhax. It legit just corrupts boot0boot1 into saying, load this file. Also, getting the otp.bin is a bitch, you'd never have to do that again, just do it from 11.2 on ARM9.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just love reading all of these posts :rofl2:
Regards to the cia downloading and installing. You must have a shitty sd card if its taking you that long to install a few games totalling to 10gbs...
I just love when they defend it so much but ignore the countless issues it has....
Time doesnt really matter in an argument like this... I can hit download and go do something else and had to do almost nothing to get those games. Id say you lose time downloading and moving those damn .3ds files of yours. I bet youd hate gateway after your sd card gets corrupted or not useable after yanking it out of your 3ds constantly to get a new game. Also, I prefer gba and ds support... Im pretty sure that still doesnt work on gateway....
The wait for updates is what made me chuck that thing. I dont even know where mine is its been so long. I also prefer to keep my A9LH in tacked!!! Now if youll excuse me, im gonna go play on my switch and wait for someone to tell me how wrong I am :P

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
Id say you lose time downloading and moving those damn .3ds files of yours. I bet youd hate gateway after your sd card gets corrupted or not useable after yanking it out of your 3ds constantly to get a new game.

"You're gonna hate Gateway after your SD Card gets corrupted" LOL.
That sounds like the most stupid reason to hate GW ever.

Last edited by ultimatetemper,

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
If they are having a hard time supporting this product, then why don't they just do what Acakard did? Release the source code and SDK, then only work on the actual hardware. The akAIO team were way faster than the Acekard team at pumping out updates and features.
And lets reply here too as I'm very amuzed about how naive some ppl are. Do you also try this argument at Apple stores?
"Guys, your Iphone 7 costs $230 to manufacture and if it had android on it other developers would be able to release updates way faster! ....so please sell me one for $230-250 with open-source firmware on it? Pretty please? I will praise you on random internet forum if you do this!"

https://www.digikey.com/products/en?mpart=A3P125-VQG100&v=1100 + spi chip, some smd components, microsd slot, plastic case.
BOM price of gateway is $15, maybe $20 with all the packaging and stuff. They can sell it for $50-60 because of encrypted loader. You're offering them to sell it at $20-25 and it will be immediately copied by numerous other manufacturers, just look at r4i market.

Thats a very noble but also very stupid and guaranteed way to kill your company so I hope that you'll never have to work in real market :)

Reactions: The Catboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch