Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

Pokeman060

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you think that this will work on the current highest 3DS firmware when it is released?

Also, do you think it will allow using just 1 or 2 microSD cards to play 3DS games?

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^But if you get the new Pokemon games won't that update your fm and then you'll lose the ability to use GW?

I really hope Gateway will level up to its name and be a "gateway" for future flash cards, the competition will drive companies to add new features, increase compatibility, and sell cheaper.

I am already on 6.2 which was released before GW came out. I have not updated since then but I have yet to hear from GW about the possibility for anyone not on 4.5.

AdamToTheApple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a lot of threads about Pokemon X Y with a lot of pages in that subforum, so I give up.

I can confirm X and Y DON'T WORK with Gateway... YET. It shows up on the 3DS menu, but when you try to boot it it states the cartage has been removed and forces me back to the 3DS menu and out of Gateway Mode. I predict the team will release an update that fixes this and more in part 2. If not, well I have a second 3DS for that, but they have been on point so far with firmware spoofing and region free features added very quickly. I don't doubt them.

Reactions: kyogre123

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why you guys would want to play Pokemon without online capabilities anyway. A ton of Pokemon would be unavailable, so would Dream World, special abilities, etc. I'm buying a second 3DS specifically for Pokemon (and any other awesome future releases that don't work on Gateway). Unless their big announcement part deux includes "We got online and current firmware working!" I don't see the point. And even if they did, Nintendo would immediately add an update to both the 3DS and Pokemon, and would require that patch in order to use online.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I decided to actually jump ship earlier and just go straight to 6.3.0.12U so that I can just enjoy the game hassle free right out the box. Whatever Gateway comes out with, I'd love to be able to see but the features will have to wait.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I decided to actually jump ship earlier and just go straight to 6.3.0.12U so that I can just enjoy the game hassle free right out the box. Whatever Gateway comes out with, I'd love to be able to see but the features will have to wait.
"This just in! We at Gateway are proud to release Gateway 2.0. In addition to being able to play every game ever made (for every console, and even board games), Gateway 3DS now makes ice cream sundaes."

Reactions: d4mation and dot7z

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm considering doing the same, this is the first Pokemon game I've been excited to play since pokemon red as a kid.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"This just in! We at Gateway are proud to release Gateway 2.0. In addition to being able to play every game ever made (for every console, and even board games), Gateway 3DS now makes ice cream sundaes."

Heh, I'm looking forward to that day.

I'm considering doing the same, this is the first Pokemon game I've been excited to play since pokemon red as a kid.

I got really excited for it as well; personally, I'd prefer to not play some neutered experience, you know? :)

excalibrax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3rd option do the nand hack and you can backup the 4.5 nand as it is, upgrade to current version back it up and swap back and forth.

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3rd option do the nand hack and you can backup the 4.5 nand as it is, upgrade to current version back it up and swap back and forth.
I'd be willing if I had the technical expertise to know where to solder the wires on the board of my 3ds in order to read/write to the nand... Lol.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be willing if I had the technical expertise to know where to solder the wires on the board of my 3ds in order to read/write to the nand... Lol.
There's actually some simple diagrams here on this site. The problem is the ability to solder at that level. If you can do that then the rest is a piece of cake.

NgXAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, same here with X/Y, just wanted to test them before buy it tomorrow for my other 3DS to benefit the online capabilities but error message after launched...

;)

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's actually some simple diagrams here on this site. The problem is the ability to solder at that level. If you can do that then the rest is a piece of cake.
Thanks just took a look... Really doesn't look that complicated.

Solder the 4 test points to a wire to micro SD adapter (genius)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM